GNT-0000/FS 00 Qan[T] Full Saber (aka 00Q, 00 Qan[T] Full Saber, pronounced "Double-Oh Quanta Full Saber"), is a variant of the GNT-0000 00 Qan[T]. It appears in Mobile Suit Gundam 00V: Battlefield Record.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The 00 Qan[T] Full Saber is the 00 Qan[T] equipped with the GN Sword IV Full Saber equipment, which is supposed to function like the GNR-010 0 Raiser, to adjust the synchronization of GNT-0000 00 Qan(T)'s twin drive system. However, since tests showed that the Qan[T]'s GN drives can be be fully synchronized without the need of adjustments, the GN Sword IV Full Saber became unnecessary and is not equipped on the suit even though it has been manufactured.  Unlike the backpack-like structure used in the normal 00 Qan[T], a more traditional cone GN Drive chassis is used on the Full Saber. Both the GN Sword IV Full Saber and the GN Shield are physically connected to this alternate backpack in a style more reminiscent of its predecessor 00 Raiser. As a result, the GN Sword IV Full Saber on the right side can help to balance out the GN Shield on the left and thus maintain the suit's balance during combat. The 00 Qan[T] Full Saber setup is also equipped with two new weapons. First is the GN Sword IV, which can transform into 5 different modes for carrying different kinds of attacks. Second is the GN Gunblades, three dagger-like blades attached to the GN Sword IV which can be used in three different forms.
- GN Gunblades
- These are three dagger like weapons mounted on the GN Sword IV. Similar to most weapons of the GN Sword series, they possess both a Gun Mode and a Blade Mode. Two of these can combine together ala GN Sword II staff to form the "GN Gunblade Twin Edge". The GN Gunblades can be combined with the GN Sword IV in a number of different forms and can be used as the handles in some of these forms.
- GN Gunblade Blade Mode: The first form of the GN Gunblades. The Gunblade act as a sword akin to the GN Sword Sword Mode.
- GN Gunblade Gun Mode: The second form of the GN Gunblades. The Gunblade act as a handgun akin to the GN Sword Gun Mode.
- GN Gunblade Twin Edge: The third form of the GN Gunblades. Two Gunblades in Blade Mode combined in a lancer-like appearance.
- GN Sword IV
- Developed before GN Sword V as indicated by its name, it is a GN Sword with a similar appearance to the GN Buster Sword II but with the green blade used in GN Sword III. The sword consists of two parts, the top part contains the sword blade and is about 2/3 of the total sword's length, while the bottom part is the sword base and contains the sword handle. The handle is retracted while the sword is stored. One Gunblade is attached to the top part and the other two are attached to the bottom part. In addition to the regular "Saber" and "Full Saber" Modes (with 0-2 GN Gunblades/with all GN Gunblades mounted receptively), it also possess three other modes known as "GN Launcher" Mode, "High Output Rifle" Mode and "Wide Cutter Rifle" Mode.
- GN Sword IV Saber Mode: The basic form of the GN Sword IV, it can have up to two GN Gunblades attached to the bottom part.
- GN Sword IV Rifle Mode (High Output & Rapid Fire): The second form of the of the GN Sword IV. In this form, only the top part of the sword is used and the GN Gunblade still attached to it functions as the rifle mode's handle. The GN Sword IV's blade is folded back like the GN Sword I and III.
- GN Sword IV Rifle Mode (Wide Cutter): The third form of the GN Sword IV. It is similar to the second form but has the GN Sword IV's blade folded forward.
- GN Sword IV Full Saber (Full Saber Mode): The fourth form of the GN Sword IV. It's actually the Saber Mode with the three GN Gunblades attached, but the GN Gunblade attached to the top part is rotated 180 degrees and its blade is facing the bottom part of the sword.
- GN Sword IV Full Saber (GN Launcher Mode): The fifth form of the GN Sword IV. It is the basically the fourth form held horizontally, but with the sword handle retracted and the two GN Gunblades at the bottom part are rotated with their blades facing outward. In this form, the GN Sword IV is held using both the two GN Gunblades.
If the Qan[T] Full Saber had been used, Veda's simulation showed that it have the potential to repel the invasion of Extraterrestrial Living-metal Shape-shifter by itself. However, since this simulation is based on incomplete data about the ELS (missing crucial information such as self-regeneration and ability to learn and adapt in battle.), it's unknown how effective the Qan[T] Full Saber would have been in actual combat against the ELS.
- The GN Sword IV Full Saber is available for the 1/144 scale High Grade model kit of 00 Qan[T] through the purchase of the February 2011 issue of Hobby Japan magazine. The GN Gunblades can be equipped to the other Gundams from the 00 movie.
- A third-party company caled BTF (Butterfly) released a GN Sword IV Full Saber kit for the 1/100 Master Grade 00 Qan[T]. Unlike the 1/144 version, the GN Gunblades do not transform into gun mode. The kit also comes with a clear green ring to replicate the 00 Qan[T]'s quantum teleportation scene.
- For the 10th anniversary of Gundam 00, Premium Bandai released an RG 1/144 scale 00 Qan[T] Full Saber Model kit with special decals.
Articles & References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 [http://bbs.xhood.net/attachments/month_1010/10101821483ff530e04c2e0116.jpg October 2010 magazine scan
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Mobile Suit Gundam 00V Battlefield Record Mission 14 "Full Saber"