Technology & Combat Characteristics
A fifth Generation Gundam designed and tuned specifically for Celestial Being's first Innovator, Gundam Meister Setsuna F. Seiei, 00 Qan[T] is the latest mobile suit (MS) designed by Celestial Being. Its blueprints originated from an Innovators draft and was sent over from Veda/Tieria (with level 7 clearance) for Celestial Being engineers to analyze and develop. As the successor to GN-0000+GNR-010 00 Raiser, 00 Qan[T] contains an upgraded and improved Twin Drive System and possesses the new Quantum System. Whereas Zabanya and Harute were developed using parts from their predecessors, 00 Qan[T]'s was made as a new mobile suit. The development resources and focus used on 00 Qan[T] is that of a higher level than the other two.
The unit possesses two newly created GN Drives specifically made for its Twin Drive System. The drives are located on its back and underneath the shield respectively  and were developed by a team led by Linda Vashti at Jupiter. As these newly made solar furnaces are developed with perfect synchronization in mind, no external help with stabilization is required, thus 00 Qan[T] does not need a support unit such as 0 Raiser like 00 Gundam did. They can also be directly connected with each other which would result in a higher sync rate and output, however when used this way they become extremely hard to control. To prevent unexpected problems, they are usually kept separated.
The Quantum System is also the successor to 00 Raiser's Trans-Am Burst System, which allows Setsuna to expand his quantum brainwaves. It creates a massive quantum field that extends an Innovator's consciousness to communicate with sentient minds for advanced communications. To activate the system, the Innovator pilot's quantum brainwaves must be active. Once scanned, the two GN Drives connect. Finally, large portions of Qan[T]'s armor is purged, and the condensers within the limbs and the GN Drive core extend beyond the frame of the suit.
Like its predecessors (Exia and 00), 00 Qan[T] is a close combat-oriented mobile suit. Its primary weapon is the GN Sword V, the latest in the line of dual functioning weapons that can alternate between sword and rifle modes. A GN Shield is mounted over the left shoulder in a similar fashion to one of the GN-0000 00 Gundam's GN Drives. The shield itself can deploy 6 GN Sword Bits (stored on the sides of the shield) which serve many functions, but are primarily remote blades. The Sword Bits can be attached to the GN Sword V to form either a powerful buster sword or a buster rifle for combat. For added defense, 00 Qan[T] can deploy a GN Field by placing the 6 Sword Bits in a closed spherical formation and can activate the Trans-Am System to enhance its overall capabilities.
00 Qan[T] can quantize like 00 Raiser, but with improvements over the original, being able to execute this function at will now. Unlike 00 Raiser, 00 Qan[T] is capable of quantizing not only for short distances, but all the way across the universe, which was shown when it teleported to the ELS homeworld in the far side of another galaxy. 00 Qan[T]'s Sword Bits have the ability to form a portal and aid in the process. This similar function is also present in GNW-100A Sakibure that appeared 50 years after the end of the movie.
The head piece of the 00 Qan[T] acts as a controlling device for the Sword Bits. The particle controlling capabilities of the antennae have yet again improved, allowing the 00 Qan[T] to communicate using Quantum Brainwave interfacing. Ian Vashti has designed the head of the 00 Qan[T] to resemble Setsuna's previous Gundams, the GN-001 Gundam Exia and the GN-0000 00 Gundam.
The arm parts of the 00 Qan[T] were made to allow the 00 Qan[T] to wield it's close combat weapons to the fullest. The wrist joints were made to be so flexible that they actually could move like a human arm. The GN Condensers located within the arms have been improved, allowing GN Particles to be transferred to the weapons more smoothly and effectively than the 00 Raiser's condensers.
The leg parts of the 00 Qan[T] have built in AMBAC (Active Mass Balance Auto-Control) capabilities to allow it to achieve high maneuverability in zero-G conditions. The knee joints of the 00 Qan[T] were made to be as fluid in motion as a real human knee, with GN condensers located in them, also improved. Some parts of the legs were developed from the GNZ-series, while other parts bore massive improvements to the original parts from the 00. The remaining parts were derived from other GN Drive equipped mobile suits.
Being Celestial Being's most advanced MS to date, the 00 Qan[T] is so powerful that it could possibly have eliminated the entire ELS attack force single-handedly had Setsuna chosen not to communicate with them. However, it should be noted that this is just a hypothetical calculation by Veda. It excludes important factors such as ELS' healing abilities, and the physical impossibility of the pilot fighting without food or rest over a whole week of constant battling, making it a very difficult feat to achieve nevertheless.
- GN Sword V
- The 00 Qan[T]'s primary weapon. It is fully made from the green material used to make GN Condensers. The beam output of it's rifle mode is variable. It possesses two modes: Sword Mode and Rifle Mode. In conjunction to an ordinary rifle mode, it can also combine with the GN Sword Bits to either form a buster rifle or a buster sword depending on the formation. With all six GN Sword Bits attached to the sword in its buster rifle mode, 00 Qan[T] possesses the ability to create a large beam saber similar to the Raiser Sword while in Trans-Am. When not in use, it is then stored on Qan[T]'s left waist. Before entering the portal to the ELS' home world, Setsuna willingly threw the weapon aside.
- GN Sword Bit
- Stored on the GN Shield are six GN Sword Bits, of which there are 3 different types: A, B and C. A Bits are the longest, B Bits are medium in length and C Bits are the shortest. All the Bits are usable as remote controlled weaponry, or as hand-held swords as they contain hidden handles. They also possess many attacking roles in Qan[T]'s arsenal such as attacking individually or forming up as a whole set with the GN Sword V to become either a buster rifle or a buster sword.
- In addition to offense, the bits can also create a GN Field when positioned together in a circle and their defensive capabilities are higher than Gadelaza's GN Large Fangs and Zabanya's GN Holster Bits. The Bits also aid the Quantum System when the system is activated, and in quantum teleportation by grouping into a circular, portal-like formation, using a thick saturation of GN Particles as a gateway. Overall, the Sword Bits are very versatile and their stats are higher than any other remote weapons.
- GN Shield
- A shield binder on the left side of 00 Qan[T] that is connected to its backpack via the same mechanism as 00 Gundam's "Drive Arm". Other than possessing 00 Qan[T]'s other GN Drive underneath, it also acts as the storage and quick-recharge unit for the GN Sword Bits when they are not actively used. There is also a beam gun with variable output mounted on top of the shield for missile interception purposes. The shield possesses a panel that reveals the GN Drive unit when opened, large amounts of GN Particles can be released from this point. Because GN Particle emissions are known to have defensive properties, it is theoretically possible for the shield to use these emissions as defensive measure similar to 00 Gundam, although it is never seen as itself is already a very robust solid shield, capable of blocking shots from ELS Baikal and Volga-Class battle cruisers, if not more powerful shots during the ELS conflict.
- The shield can also swing to the rear of 00 Qan[T] and make the two GN Drives physically connect with each other. It is in this configuration that the Quantum System is used in order to amplify the power of the machine's Quantum field of communications. When the Sword Bits are deployed, they are expanded toward both sides of the GN Shield, and simultaneously fly towards the locked-on target.
Special Equipment & Features
- In order to help Setsuna sort through the massive irrelevant data during the upcoming interface with the ELS inside their core ship, Tieria Erde ordered the installation of a miniature Veda terminal on-board the 00 Qan[T]. Tieria uploads a holographic version of himself to assist Setsuna.
- Quantum Teleportation System
For 00 Qan[T]'s history and exploits, please go to Setsuna F. Seiei's page.
- GNT-0000/FS 00 Qan[T] Full Saber
- ELS Qan[T]
Notes & Trivia
- 00 Qan[T]'s name is derived from the word "Quanta", the plural form of "Quantum", a measurement unit for subatomic particles.
- 00 Qan[T]'s name is also derived from the theory "Infinite Quantum Well" because 00 is also the symbol for Infinity and the theory states that the wave-particle duality of matter and energy are infinite.
- The "[T]" on the "GNT-0000" model designation name stands for "Twin".
- 00 Qan[T]'s head design is purposely designed to resemble Exia's.
- The GN Drives utilized by the Qan[T] are labeled on the user interface as GN Drive 6 and 7. This may suggest that the first five Original Drives are labeled in a similar manner (IE GN Drive 1-5).
- Additionally, the user interface displays unusual menu items as seen just before initializing Quantum Burst. The labels on these items are more suited to a business, in this case most likely Bandai Hobby Division as the labels include: Customer Parts, Sales Orders, Purchase Parts and Inventory.
- Among all other Gundams of the 0/Astraea/Exia/00 lineage, 00 Qan[T] is the first and only one not to possess any traditional hilt-only beam sabers.
- Despite the fact that it is stronger and has a higher output than 00 Raiser, the 00 Qan[T] is officially considered a Gundam. 00 Raiser was mentioned on several sources to not be a Gundam because it has “surpassed” Gundam itself due to its performance having surpassed theoretical values. Not only were there no sources that classified 00 Qan[T] in the same manner, at least two sources directly referred to 00 Qan[T] as a Gundam. The reasoning behind this inconsistency is unknown, though it's possible that the classification was arbitrarily applied to one but not the other.
- In Trans-Am, 00 Qan[T] is seen using a weapon similar to 00 Raiser's "Raiser Sword". This feature is nicknamed "Quantum Sword" by fans.
- In SD Gundam G Generation World, the 00 Qan[T] is seen using only its shield to generate a GN Field. However, as Sunrise lists video games as a black level source, it is assumed that this aspect of the shield is not official. The game also shows the 00 Qan[T] using the Trans-Am Burst instead of the Quantum System.
- 00 Qan[T] has the same overall height as Exia, but it's the heaviest weight among all the Gundams that Setsuna has piloted (excluding 00's Raiser equipment and its Seven Sword armaments).
- Although Setsuna seems to prefer to use ranged attacks while piloting 00 Qan[T] in the movie, in Gundam Memories: Tatakai no Kioku, 00 Qan[T] is categorized as a "short" unit instead of "long" unit. This becomes ironic because it is difficult to handle the ELS using "short" type units in the game.
- 00 Qan[T] is a playable unit in Extreme Vs. It can use Quantum Burst, which stuns nearby MS it hits by emitting a burst of energy. Once it enters Quantum Burst Mode, it regains a portion of health but it cannot go back to normal life until it respawns. However during this mode, the GN Sword Bits can be used as many times as desirable without reloading and it can call upon the other Gundams as replenishing Assists.
- Each of the 5th generation Gundams have different cockpits, 00 Qan[T] design is completely different from others from the GN series. With an unknown green object behind the seat and different style console.
- The concept design of 00 Qan[T] is initially revealed some time after the end of Gundam 00 Second Season to have only white, blue and yellow colors in its design, but red was later added as the production of the movie progresses in 2010 prior to its screening to be consistent with the color schemes used in its predecessors, Gundam Exia and 00 Gundam, in which both mecha have certain elements infused into 00 Qan[T]'s design. However, 3 years later, the AGE-FX Gundam AGE-FX from Mobile Suit Gundam AGE used a similar color scheme for its official design and also possess remote weapons like 00 Qan[T]'s own Sword Bits.
- 00 Qan[T] follows a design theme of having its remote weapons being mounted over its left shoulder shared with the RX-93 ν Gundam and GF13-009NF Gundam Rose.
- The Robot Damashii figurine of the 00 Qan[T] includes beam blade effects for the C Bits. However, it is noted in the Japanese Wikipedia that these beam blade effects are an original gimmick for the figurine and it is unknown if they are part of the weapon's official settings. Furthermore, none of the other 00 Qan[T] model kits or figurines have such a feature, or mentioned it in their manual kit's descriptions of the weapon.
- In the Gundam Breaker 2 videogame, this unit has been piloted by Lea Heisenberg.
|Mobile Suit Gundam 00N Mechanics|
|United Nations Forces / Earth Sphere Federation / Innovators|
GNMS-XCVII Alvaaron | GNW-20000 Arche Gundam | GNX-603T GN-X | GNX-609T GN-XIII | GNX-803T GN-XIV | GNZ-004/BW Gaga Cannon | SVMS-01O Over Flag
GNMA-0001V2 Regnant 2 | GNMA-XCVII Alvatore | GNMA-Y0001 Empruss
AEU-05G AEU Hellion Ground Type
|Extraterrestrial Living-metal Shape-shifter|
GNT-0000 00 Qan［T］
|Union of Solar Energy and Free Nations|
SVMS-01AS Union Flag Aero Sky Package Type | VMS-15 Union Realdo | YMS-01A Union Flag | YMS-02 Union Blast
|Advanced European Union|
AEU-09 AEU Enact
|Human Reform League|