GNW-003 Gundam Throne Drei
The GNW-003 Gundam Throne Drei (aka Gundam Throne Drei, Throne Drei, Drei), is one of three Gundam Thrones piloted by the Trinity siblings in Mobile Suit Gundam 00. It is personally piloted by Nena Trinity.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Among the three Throne Gundams, Drei serves more of a support role in combat to the other two Throne units. Throne Drei is a supplier of GN particles, its able to attach itself to GNW-001 Gundam Throne Eins with a wire to enhance the beam output of its GN Launcher. For combat, the Throne Drei uses a GN Beam Handgun mounted on its right forearm, GN Beam Sabers mounted on its shoulders, a GN Shield on its left shoulder, and a GN Shield Pod on its right shoulder. The GN Shield Pod is used as a weapons container for storing GN Missles, or additional GN Beam Sabers.
Its GN Stealth Field, which deploys three huge pairs of GN particle wings over a wide range, is a powerful ability possessed only by this unit; its red wing-like GN Tau particle dispersal are similar to the green particles emitted by the GN-000 0 Gundam. Throne Drei's GN Stealth Field can widen to several hundreds kilometer. In addition, it can also disperse GN particles from its stealth field emitter to defend itself from enemy projectiles. The particle consumption rate of its other equipment are lowered in order to help use the stealth field.
In order to reduce weight, the Gundam Throne's body uses its torso mainframe as part of the GN Drive itself, which gives it a very different silhouette from other Gundams. Also, GN Particles are distributed to each part of the body via the frame structure rather than through cords like the Ptolemaios Gundams. When the coating on the surface of the frame is stripped away, luminescence can be seen due to the effects of these particles. The same kind of system is used even in the frame within the cockpit.
Unlike the Throne Varanus and the GN-X series, the Gundam Thrones do not need a special start-up machine in order to activate their GN Drives due to the fact that they possess their own compact start up mechanism on board. With the inclusion of the GNW-003/SH Liang support craft, the Throne Drei can use a GN Long Rifle.
- GN Handgun
- Drei has a GN handgun equipped to its right forearm. Its power level is lower compared to Zwei's.
- GN Beam Saber
- The standard equipment for melee combat, a pair of GN Beam Sabers are mounted on the shoulders like the other Throne Gundams. As the Thrones' beam saber size are larger than Exia's, its power also increases.
- GN Shield Pod
- The Drei is equipped with a shield pod that acts as a variable weapons container. It can store various missiles, back-up beam sabers (for itself and the other Thrones), and other such equipment that meets tactical needs. In addition, it also possesses limited sensor capabilities.
- GN Missiles
- The GN Shield Pod can be used to contain GN Missiles. These missiles contain GN Particles used for propellant with an explosive war-heard at the tip. The GN Shield Pod can contain up to 5 GN Missiles.
- GN Beam Sabers
- The GN Shield Pod can be used to contain additional GN Beam Sabers. These GN Beam Sabers can be used to supply the Throne Drei itself or the other Throne Gundams if their beam sabers run out of GN Particles.
- GN Shield
- GN Long Rifle
- A launcher type weapon that is connected onto the Throne Drei's GN Handgun. This extension increases the attack strength of the weapon.
Special Equipment & Features
- Turbulenz Pack
- Like its siblings, the Gundam Throne Drei is capable of using a Turbulenz Pack. However, the due to the lack of GN Fangs, the GN Containers on the Turbulenz Pack remain empty. Additionally, the Throne Drei's GN Stealth Field emitters replace the Turbulenz Pack's GN Missle Containers. However, since the Throne Eins was the only unit with a Turbulenz Pack, the Throne Drei never received it.
Please go to Nena Trinity's page for the history of the Throne Drei
Notes & Trivia
- Like its "brother" units, the mobile suit's name is derived from two sources. The first part, Throne, is a name for a class of powerful angels who were close to God and dispensed justice according to God's will (similar to the Trinity's relationship with Laguna Harvey). The second part, Drei, is the German word for the number three.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Mobile Suit Gundam 00V Chapter 7 Throne Varanus chapter
- ↑ Gundam 00 2nd Mechanics sourcebook
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 HG 1/144 GNW-003 Gundam Throne Drei manual
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 HG 1/144 GNW-002 Gundam Throne Zwei manual
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Gundam 00 2nd Mechanics