Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The GN-XII Sword is one of the variants of the GNX-607T GN-XII that is created for a specific combat role, and is developed based on the Gundam Thrones' combat data. Like the stock GN-XII, the suit has miniaturized GN Particle Generators on the shoulders and waist as well as hardpoints on the shoulders and waist for carrying additional weaponry. What set the GN-XII Sword apart is the presence of the GN Buster Sword stored on the left shoulder hardpoint, this weapon is a refined version of the one used by Gundam Throne Zwei. Minor changes have also been made to the suit's head to accompany the melee combat style.
- GN Beam Saber
- For melee combat, the GN-XII is equipped with two beam sabers which are capable of cutting through just about anything except a GN Field.
- GN Claws
- A secondary melee weapon unique to the GN-X series of mobile suits is the GN Claw, which utilizes GN particles to enhance the cutting ability of the mobile suit's claw like fingers. It is mainly used as a last resort in close combat.
- GN Vulcan Gun
- The GN-XII is equipped with two GN Vulcan guns that are not very powerful against mobile suits, but are useful in intercepting incoming missiles and laying down a suppressive field of fire.
- GN Buster Sword
- Stored on the left shoulder hardpoint, the GN Buster Sword is derived from GNW-002 Gundam Throne Zwei's data. The GN buster sword is a physical blade that can emit a GN field along the blade to increase the blade's keenness. Also, the field can be expanded to be used as a shield.
In A.D. 2309, a UN Forces base is attacked by an anti-UN group that appeared before Katharon formed. The base was a trap and the UN Forces sent their Flags, Enacts, Tierens, and GN-XIIs to take down the terrorist mobile suits. The GN-XIIs consisted of three mobile suits, a standard GN-XII, a GN-XII Sword, and a GN-XII Cannon that entered the battle with Fon Spaak in his Gundam Astraea Type F2; Fon Spaak had a hard time in defeating the three GN-XIIs, which attacked in perfect unity.
The anti-UN forces also have a difficult time dealing with GN-XIIs, Flags, Enacts, and Tierens, but lost only a single mobile suit to the UN forces. Fon Spaak activated his Trans-Am and was able to destroy the GN-XII Sword and GN-XII while at the same time saving a member of the anti-UN terrorist group.
Notes & Trivia
- The inclusion of "/AC" to the GN-XII Sword's model number compared to the base GN-XII's model number mirrors that of the close combat use GNX-704T/AC Ahead Sakigake and its base Ahead's model number.
- The positioning of the suit's four eyes are similar to that of the GNW-20000 Arche Gundam.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Gundam Weapons, Mobile Suit Gundam 00V Compilation Book pg.197
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam 00F Vol. 3, Chapter 14