Technology & Combat Characteristics
The GN-XII Sword is one of the variants of the GNX-607T GN-XII that is created for a specific combat role, and is developed based on the Gundam Thrones' combat data. Like the stock GN-XII, the suit has miniaturized GN Particle Generators on the shoulders and waist as well as hardpoints on the shoulders and waist for carrying additional weaponry. What set the GN-XII Sword apart is the presence of the GN Buster Sword stored on the left shoulder hardpoint, this weapon is a refined version of the one used by Gundam Throne Zwei. Minor changes have also been made to the suit's head to accompany the melee combat style.
- GN Beam Saber
- For melee combat, the GN-XII is equipped with two beam sabers which are capable of cutting through just about anything except a GN Field.
- GN Claws
- A secondary melee weapon unique to the GN-X series of mobile suits is the GN Claw, which utilizes GN particles to enhance the cutting ability of the mobile suit's claw like fingers. It is mainly used as a last resort in close combat.
- GN Vulcan Gun
- The GN-XII is equipped with two GN Vulcan guns that are not very powerful against mobile suits, but are useful in intercepting incoming missiles and laying down a suppressive field of fire.
- GN Buster Sword
- Stored on the left shoulder hardpoint, the GN Buster Sword is derived from GNW-002 Gundam Throne Zwei's data. The GN buster sword is a physical blade that can emit a GN field along the blade to increase the blade's keenness. Also, the field can be expanded to be used as a shield.
In A.D. 2309, a UN Forces base is attacked by an anti-UN group that appeared before Katharon formed. The base was a trap and the UN Forces sent their Flags, Enacts, Tierens, and GN-XIIs to take down the terrorist mobile suits. The GN-XIIs consisted of three mobile suits, a standard GN-XII, a GN-XII Sword, and a GN-XII Cannon that entered the battle with Fon Spaak in his Gundam Astraea Type F2; Fon Spaak had a hard time in defeating the three GN-XIIs, which attacked in perfect unity.
The anti-UN forces also have a difficult time dealing with GN-XIIs, Flags, Enacts, and Tierens, but lost only a single mobile suit to the UN forces. Fon Spaak activated his Trans-Am and was able to destroy the GN-XII Sword and GN-XII while at the same time saving a member of the anti-UN terrorist group.
Notes & Trivia
- The inclusion of "/AC" to the GN-XII Sword's model number compared to the base GN-XII's model number mirrors that of the close combat use GNX-704T/AC Ahead Sakigake and its base Ahead's model number.
- The positioning of the suit's four eyes are similar to that of the GNW-20000 Arche Gundam.
- Although GN-XII is yet to have its own Gunpla, the GN Buster Sword is released as one of the weapon in the HGBC 24th Century Weapons set. This is due to its association as one of GNX-803T GN-XIV's arsenals.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Gundam Weapons, Mobile Suit Gundam 00V Compilation Book pg.197
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam 00F Vol. 3, Chapter 14