|Developed from||GNX-603T GN-X|
|First Seen||2309 A.D.|
|Last Seen||2310 A.D.|
|Manufacturer||United Nations Forces|
|Operator||United Nations Forces|
|Head Height||19.0 meters62.336 ft |
|Standard Weight||70.0 metric tons|
|Power-plant||GN Drive Tau|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only, cockpit in waist|
GNX-607T GN-XII (aka GN-XII, pronounced "Jinx Two") is the second generation model of the GN-X series featured in side story series Mobile Suit Gundam 00F.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Successor of the GNX-603T GN-X, the GN-XII (Jinx-Two) line. The thruster binders are slightly smaller than the previous model and its shoulders have latches to equip with additional weaponry for specific roles. Variants include "Cannon" (GNX-607T/BW), equipped with a large GN beam cannon, based upon Gundam Throne Eins' GN Mega Launcher, and "Sword" (GNX-607T/AC), equipped with a refined GN Buster Sword, similar to the one used by GNW-002 Gundam Throne Zwei and later the GNW-20000 Arche Gundam. Due to the GN-X series policy of direct upgrading into the next generation model, some/most GN-XII were upgraded from the original GN-Xs and again some/most were upgraded into GN-XIIIs later.
- GN Beam Rifle
- GN Beam Saber
- For melee combat the GN-XII is equipped with two beam sabers which are capable of cutting through just about anything except a GN Field.
- GN Claws
- A secondary melee weapon unique to the GN-X series of mobile suits is the GN Claw. It is likely that these claws are based on a similar principal as the Exia's GN Sword, in that they use GN T particles to increase their cutting capabilities. A useful weapon when the GN-XII be unable to use its beam sabers.
- GN Vulcan Gun
- The GN-XII is equipped with two GN Vulcan guns that are not very powerful against mobile suits but are useful in intercepting incoming missiles and laying down a suppressive field of fire.
- GN Buster Sword
- One of two optional weapons that can be mounted on the shoulders of the GN-XII is a GN Sword. Derived from data from the GNW-002 Gundam Throne Zwei the GN Buster Sword is a physical blade that uses GN particles to increase its keenness. In addition to its offensive capabilities, it can deploy a partial GN Field to act as a defense mechanism. Later, Celestial Being Engineer Ian Vasthi managed to obtain the data regarding the GN-XII's Buster Sword through the help of an insider contact of his and use it to create a buster sword for the GN-0000/7S 00 Gundam Seven Sword.
- GN Cannon
- One of two optional weapons that can be mounted on the shoulders of the GN-XII is a GN cannon. Derived from data from the GNW-001 Gundam Throne Eins the GN cannon is a high output particle cannon that can easily destroy mobile suits in a single shot. When a GN-XII unit is equipped with a GN Cannon it is also equipped with a large central camera with four smaller cameras surrounding it. Two of these weapons can be mounted at a time.
In A.D. 2309, a UN Forces base is attacked by an anti-UN group that appeared before Katharon formed. The base was a trap and the UN Forces sent their Flags, Enacts, Tierens, and GN-XIIs to take down the terrorist mobile suits. The GN-XIIs consisted of three mobile suits, a standard GN-XII, a GN-XII Sword, and a GN-XII Cannon that entered the battle with Fon Spaak in his Astrea Gundam Type F2; Fon Spaak had a hard time in defeating the three GN-XIIs, which attacked in perfect unity.
The anti-UN forces also have a difficult time dealing with GN-XIIs, Flags, Enacts, and Tierens, but lost only a single mobile suit to the UN forces. Fon Spaak activated his Trams-Am and was able to destroy the GN-XII Sword and GN-XII while at the same time saving a member of the anti-UN terrorist group.
- ↑ Gundam 00V Weapons Development Chart
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Gundam Weapons, Mobile Suit Gundam 00V Compilation Book pg.196 
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam 00V Senki Mission 12 "Iron vs Metal"
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam 00F Compilation Volume 3
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam 00V Chapter 11 "GN-0000/7S 00 Gundam Seven Sword"