Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The GNX-805T/CF GN-XIV Core Fighter Loaded Type is an experimental mobile suit using a regular GN-XIV as the base unit. Inspired by core fighter equipped GNZ series mobile suits like the GNZ-003 Gadessa, the ESF experimented with escape craft technology to give the pilot a better chance of survival in case the unit was either destroyed or assimilated.
- GN Buster Sword
- Just like the GNX-607T/AC GN-XII Sword, GN-XIV can carry a GN Buster Sword for Close Quarters Combat. The GN Buster Sword is a physical GN Blade that uses GN particles to increase its cutting power. Not many of these was produced and as a result it became a rare piece of equipment.
- GN Beam Saber
- For melee combat the GN-XIV Core Fighter Loaded Type is equipped with two GN Beam Sabers which are capable of cutting through just about anything except a GN Field.
- GN Claw
- Used only by the GN-X series of mobile suits, the claw is a normal manipulator hand equipped with a GN Particle infused claw weapon. It is used only as a last resort in close combat.
- GN Long/Short Beam Rifle
- The standard armament of the GN-XIV. Unlike the long rifle add-on attachment of the original GN-X, the rifle of the GN-XIV possesses two different front parts that differ in barrel size and the parts need to be "swapped" (as opposed to added) in order to change the rifle configuration. Specific performance differences between the two is not specified at this point.
- GN Shield
- A optional attachment for the GN-XIV that seems to be modeled after the Garazzo's GN Field emitter. Two units can be attached to a GN-XIV, but it is unknown if this has any benefit. Notably, Patrick Colasour's GN-XIV deployed two types of the GN Field: a frontal wall-like barrier and a 180-degree GN Field.
- GN Vulcan
- Mounted on either side of the waist, similar to the Superbia GN-X. Two other GN Vulcans are also mounted in the head of the GN-XIV. They have low power output, but a high firing rate. Primarily used to shoot down missiles or restrict the movements of an enemy MS.
Special Equipment & Features
- GN Booster Pack
- For greater combat speeds, a pair of boosters can be attached to the thrusters. The boosters have pre-stored particles on the top to help increase particle thrust without severely draining its primary particle reserves.
- The optional GN Shields of the GN-XIV are able to emit a frontal wall-like barrier and a 180-degree GN Field.
- GN Tail Booster
- Originally developed from the GNX-704T/FS Ahead Forcing Scout Type and used by the Ahead series, the GN Tail Booster was incorporated into the GN-X series after the introduction of the GN-XIV. The tail-booster is special equipment that gives the GN-XIV an increased operating time allowing it to travel much greater distances and allows for overall greater independence. When equipped, it appears to be a tail-like appendage on the GN-XIV. The Tail Booster consist of a battery and GN Condenser to supply energy needed to extend operation for the GN Drive. The Tail Booster features multiple thrusters which increase the GN-XIV's overall speed.
- When active it enhances the overall performance of the GN-XIV 3 fold for a limited time. The system is also capable of pushing the GN Drive to self-destruct.
After the ELS conflict, the GNX-803T GN-XIV had core fighters equipped in order to increase the survivability of the pilot which received more emphasis due to the massive loss of pilots' lives during the ELS conflict. This concept was originally proposed by a civilian military contractor. Alongside the GNMA-Y0002V Gadelaza, this unit was also used by the Old Human Faction in their "crusade" against Innovators and ELS.
Notes & Trivia
- The color scheme of the GN-XIV Core Fighter Loaded Type is similar to what is used by the GNX-607T GN-XII.
- The placement of the core fighter may be a reference to the SYSTEM ∀-99 ∀ Gundam, which also had a core fighter that took the place of the forward skirt armor when connected to its mobile suit.