|Developed from||GNX-704T/AC Ahead Sakigake|
|First Seen||2312 A.D.|
|Last Seen||2312 A.D.|
|Manufacturer||Earth Sphere Federation|
|Operator||Earth Sphere Federation|
|Known Pilots||Amy Zimbalist|
|Head Height||18.3 meters60.039 ft |
|Standard Weight||80.1 metric tons|
|Power-plant||GN Drive Tau|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only, cockpit in chest|
Technology & Combat CharacteristicsEdit
A next generation machine developed using data that was gathered using machines such as the GNX-704T/AC Sakigake and GNX-704T/SP Smultron as testbeds. In the initial stage of development, Earth Sphere Federation engineers planned to develop and mass produce two distinct series; a new GN-X model will serve as a lightweight MS and Neo-Hed as a heavy combat MS. However, when the scandalous actions of the A-Laws were revealed to the world, for the sake of public opinion they had no choice but to cancel the development of a machine based on the Ahead which had effectively been exclusive to the A-Laws.
The most distinctive feature of this machine was the elimination of its head. Combat data had made it clear that the sensors concentrated in the head were often hit and destroyed in battle. Thus, in this machine the head was eliminated, and the sensors were distributed throughout the body. Thanks to this unusual style, this machine, which was originally to be called neo head, but became known as no head as a joke and the name stuck. Although it had no problems with performance, this tragic machine ended with little more than ten prototypes due to political decisions.
- GN Beam Rifle
- A weapon that appears to be the same as the GN Beam Rifle used by GNX-704T Ahead. However, the Neo-Hed's version has a modification that allows it to mount a GN Beam Saber to be used as a bayonet.
- GN Beam Saber
- In addition to the beam saber mounted on the rifle (which is not listed as an independent weapon), the Neo-Hed has a traditional beam saber mounted on the left waist.
- GN Sword
- A large single edged solid sword lined with GN particles to increase its cutting abilities. This sword was specifically developed from the GNX-704T/AC Ahead Sakigake's data, and thus it made for left handed use. The left handedness of the sword is only for the test unit and if placed into production would have been switched to the right hand.
Because of the scandal of A-Laws, the Ahead-type machine for the next generation was decided to be rejected. In its place, a machine based on the Susanowo was used. The people who performed testing for the Neo-Hed that got rejected were Deborah and Amy Zimbalist. After the test, Deborah frankly said her thoughts to the engineer,“…Thank you”. For the first time, the face of the engineer lit with happiness. But Amy said, “I think it’s impossible that it doesn’t have a damned head!”. After this, the engineer said to Amy, “A head is nothing but a decoration!." “Some words from this damned Steel Cowboy." They ended up in a scuffle.
Notes & TriviaEdit
- Following a few other suits in the series, the "Y" in the designation is likely to refer to its prototype status. The "802T" likely refers to it being the generation after the Ahead(703T). Interestingly enough, the Susanowo which is being developed at around the same time is given a designation of GNX-Y901TW because it is considered to be a prototype machine in the series after the Ahead. This suggests that the Susanowo is even more advanced/of a later generation than the Neo-Hed even prior to its political-related cancellation.
Articles & ReferencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 Mobile Suit Gundam 00V Volume 21 "GNX-Y802T Neo-Hed"
- ↑ HG 1/144 GNX-U02X Masurao manual