GNY-001F/hs-A01D Gundam Avalanche Astraea Type F`
|Developed from||GNY-001F Gundam Astraea Type F|
|First Seen||2312 A.D.|
|Known Pilots||Fon Spaak|
|Head Height||18.3 meters60.039 ft |
|Standard Weight||55.1 metric tons|
|Power-plant||GN Drive Tau|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only, cockpit in torso|
GNY-001F/hs-A01D Gundam Avalanche Astraea Type F` (aka Gundam Avalanche Astraea Type F Dash, Avalanche Astraea Dash, Astraea), is a variant of GNY-001F Gundam Astraea Type F, suited with the high mobility Avalanche armor in the side-story Mobile Suit Gundam 00P Special Edition as well as Mobile Suit Gundam 00I. The unit is piloted by Fon Spaak.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Although the GN Drive Tau particle propulsion system native to the Gundam Astraea Type F allows for relatively high speed and acceleration, the unit is actually incapable of matching or exceeding certain air crafts and spacecrafts in flight. To eliminate this issue, the high mobility equipment hs-A01 Avalanche was created. The optional equipment consists of a series of large-capacity GN Drive Tau particle condenser attachments, which act to store the particle production of the GN Drive Tau for release in a single 10-minute burst of ultra-high speed. Higher output is possible, but the strain it places on the body of the pilot becomes severe. As the condensers require a full hour to charge, repeated use of the burst function is impossible. The Gundam Avalanche Astraea Type F` doesn't carry the most of standard Seven Swords armaments.
It possess 2 different modes, one is a High Mobility Mode that is used to achieve high maneuverability in multiple directions instead of just a single direction while the other is a High Speed Mode that allows it to burst at high speed in one single direction. Its GN Claws mounted on the legs can also emit a beam saber and use them in a similar manner to GNW-20000 Arche Gundam.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber is a hilt with the ability to activate beam blade by generating a positron field filled with GN Particles.While they are generally stronger than GN solid blades, one disadvantage is their performance varies depending on the surrounding atmospheric conditions.
- GN Claw
- A normal manipulator hand equipped with a GN Particle infused claw weapon, it can also produce a beam saber.
- GN Hammer
- Developed by Sherilyn Hyde (per Hanayo's request), this flail-type weapon is Fon's favorite weapon. The spiked-ball actually houses inside a GN Condenser. It functions similarly to the GN Buster Sword, with spikes on the sphere made from same material as the GN Katar. The weapon is clamped to the forearm of Astraea Type F` with a retractable wire. To enhance its speed, range, and power against enemy targets, the GN Hammer has four miniature thrusters to help the weapon quickly launch and impact its target with great destructive force.
- GN Sword
- A solid GN blade attached to a miniature forearm shield, which serves as the Astrea's primary weapon, and the largest blade amongst the Seven Swords. It works by applying a GN Field over the solid sword which greatly increases the sharpness and cutting power. The blade can be vertically folded along the forearm, exposing the muzzle of a beam rifle.
- GN Vulcan
- These weapons are smaller cousins to the GN Beam weapon. Typically locations include head and wrist mounted system, both ensuring a wide field of fire. Purely secondary weapons, they are used to engage soft targets, and in a defensive capacity. Their anti-mobile suit capability is virtually nil, especially against another GN powered unit. While there is no meaningful chance of penetrating another mobile suits armor, there is always a chance that a lucky round could damage joints or sensors. They can also be used in a "spray and pray" fashion once an enemy's armor has been breached, exposing their tender innards. So despite their low power, GN Vulcans can still be a threat no experienced pilot would ignore. While low damage potential limits their offensive utility, the trade off is a high rate of fire. This is very useful when engaging small, fast, maneuverable targets such as GN Fangs and missiles.
In Gundam 00P: File No.S03 Red Avalanche, Hanayo detected an odd energy stream flowing from a lunar base on the moon. Hanayo advises Fon that there is a big chance that it's a trap for him, but Fon says, "I will go to confirm if it's a trap" and sorties in the GNY-001F/HS-A01D Gundam Avalanche Astraea Type F Dash. Two GNMA-Y0001 Empruss mass production types piloted by Devine Nova clones that were protecting the lunar base attacks Fon Spaak. Fon shakes free from the enemy, and the Avalanche Astraea F Dash entered into the moon base. But not soon after, there was a huge energy reaction that appeared from the moon base. The moon base explodes. "I can stand a few seconds of the explosion," and Fon pushes on in the explosion. The two Empruss waiting outside were completely destroyed by the Avalanche Astraea Type F Dash. A few hours later, the Avalanche Astraea Type F Dash safely returned. Hanayo asks Fon, "Why did you go even if you knew it was a trap?". Fon replies, "Because it was a trap set for me. In short, it was something made so that I won't get bored. I couldn't not answer the invitation." Hanayo could not understand why Fon was laughing, but she pitied the enemies who tried to trap him.
During Gundam 00I, Avalanche Astraea Type F' returns with Fon Spaak. He uses the suit to face off against a revived Beside Pain who had taken over the body of Leif Recitativo while in the CB-001.5 1.5 Gundam. Beside manages to destroy the Avalanche' armor but Fon destroys the binders of the 1.5 Gundam. Eventually, Telicyra Herfi uses his ability and reawaken Leif, who then permanently eliminates Beside from his mind. It is unknown what happened to either the Gundam Astraea or Fon Spaak afterwards.
- The name Avalanche refers to the immediate elimination of all units before the attached Astraea, as if in the face of an actual avalanche. The designation "hs" stands for "high speed" and "A01" stands for "Avalanche Unit 01" while the "D" means "Dash."
- ↑ Gundam 00V Senki Chapter 8