The GNY-003F Gundam Abulhool Type F (aka Gundam Abulhool F, Abulhool F), is the upgraded version of the original GNY-003 Gundam Abulhool, predecessor to GN-003 Gundam Kyrios, and part of the second generation Gundams in Mobile Suit Gundam 00F. The unit is piloted by Fon Spaak.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Gundam Abulhool Type F is the enhanced version of GNY-003 Gundam Abulhool. Under CB's shadow team, Fereshte, Abulhool Type F had undergone system upgrades. Although its internal systems had been modernized, superficially, it and the GNY-004 Gundam Plutone are the only Gundams in Fereshte's possession that weren't visibly enhanced. Abulhool Type F's capabilities are relatively the same as before.
Like the original, the unit is a transformable aerial stealth infiltration unit. It's disguised as a 5th generation fighter jet and utilizes a hybrid propulsion system of GN Particles and plasma. When performing stealth missions, the pilot utilizes the plasma drives to help complete the disguise that it's not a CB unit. The Fereshte team repainted it with a black and orange scheme, but it's unclear whether or not it's merely a cosmetic change or made to help it blend into dark environments better.
Nothing has been changed for its MS transformation. Abulhool swings its legs 90° downwards and activates the primary head for MS Mode; the fighter nose section remains extended. Primitive robotic manipulator pincers unfold under its air intake ports, acting as its "arms." In its MS form, it is able to use AMBAC for maneuverability purposes.
Abulhool F retains its original systems. It can still utilize its Optical Camouflage system; along with releasing GN Particles, Abulhool would be virtually invisible to enemy detection. The nose of its fighter has a sensor system, made as a secondary MS head that can swivel upwards to 90° for enhance sensor analysis. The chest area of Abulhool is also the nose in its fighter jet form; the extra head can provide additional sensory data and used as a pop-up gun for the pilot. The only significant change is the use of the Trans-Am System. Now unlocked, Abulhool Type F can be temporarily enhanced to perform three times its specifications.
For combat, Abulhool retained its original capabilities without relevant enhancements. It has a pair of GN Vulcans for dog-fighting and optional missile pods on each side of the wings for extended range combat. The GN Vulcans are built into the crown of the sensor-head and are utilized interchangeably in both forms. Abulhool's melee combat capabilities are limited to kicks and its manipulator arms for limited grabbing and jabbing against its opponent. Overall, aside from Trans-Am and a paint job, Abulhool F doesn't seem to have any significant enhancements to its combat capabilities.
- GN Vulcan
- These weapons are smaller cousins to the GN Beam weapon. Because Abulhool's second head had an incredibly wide area of rotation, it could be used as a turret of sorts and could even fire upward, downward or even to the rear, giving it quite the advantage against other flying mobile suits of the time such as the Hellion. Although the GN Vulcans were intended for dog-fighting, they were deemed to weak in terms of actual power and weren't used as main weapons on later transforming Gundams in favor of more powerful versions such as the GN Sub-machine Gun used by Kyrios. Abulhool was the also first mobile suit and the only Gundam to have head-mounted GN Vulcans. This concept would later be used in the GN-X series.
- 3-tube GN Missile Launcher
- The Abulhool is capable of being equipped with the same three-tube GN missile launcher that the Kyrios uses. The missile launchers are mounted to the underside of the wings.
- The manipulators are pincer like weapons that serve as the Abulhool's "arms". The pincers can only be used in MS mode, and have a very limited range of movement. However, the the manipulators can also be used for grabbing weapons and/or objects.
Special Equipment & Features
During the Azadistan conflict of 2307 the Gundam Abulhool Type F was deployed with Fon Spaak as its Meister. His mission was to hide out in the desert near the solar energy receiving station that was an expected target for terrorism. Should the attack occur, Fon was to use the Abulhool to aid in the elimination of the terrorist parties. While Dynames/Lockon was engaging Graham Aker in the Azadistan desert, Abulhool/Fon flew out in search of the unit that bombed the facility, using GN missiles to disrupt the radars of two Flags that were also in pursuit. Abulhool/Fon had a brief encounter with AEU-09Y812 AEU Enact Ali Al-Saachez Custom/Ali al-Saachez, but chose not to fight him after recognizing who he was and deciding it would be more interesting if he stayed alive rather than killing him.
Notes & Trivia
- Abulhool is Arabic in origin from abu elhool literally meaning "father of fear" used to refer to the Great Sphinx. It also has connections to the Tarot Card: The Chariot.
- The mobile suit mode of the GNY-003 Gundam Abulhool bears some similarity to the GERWALK mode of the variable fighters of the Macross franchise.
- Gundam Abulhool Flight Mode looks similar to real-life 5th generation jet fighter, such as the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor.
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam 00F Consonance 3