GNY-004B Black Gundam Plutone
|Developed from||GNY-004 Gundam Plutone|
|First Seen||2308 A.D.|
|Manufacturer||Celestial Being Mobile Suit Factory|
|Known Pilots||Bring Stabity|
|Head Height||19.0 meters62.336 ft |
|Standard Weight||60.9 metric tons|
|Power-plant||GN Drive Tau|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only, cockpit in chest|
GNY-004B Black Gundam Plutone (aka Black Gundam Plutone, Black Plutone, Plutone), is a variant of the original GNY-004 Gundam Plutone in Mobile Suit Gundam 00F. It's powered by a GN Drive Tau and piloted by Bring Stabity.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Black Gundam Plutone is Innovators' replicated variant of GNY-004 Gundam Plutone. Innovators wanted to develop their own Gundams and decided to recreate the GNY series (CB's second generation Gundams) as a development basis.
- The Plutone uses a GN Beam Rifle as one of its main weapons of choice. A standard GN particle beam weapon for general purpose usage. As technology progresses, has become integrated in other weapons and combos.
- Hidden in the knees of the Plutone are the GN Beam Sabers, they can slide out when needed for combat. The sabers function by emitting a positron field which holds condensed GN Particles in the form of a blade. When in contact with another surface, the positron field breaks and releases the condensed particles directly onto the contact surface. Though such weapons are more versatile than solid blades, the GN particles composing the blade body may be subject to dispersion and other forms of disruption and grow less effective in different atmospheric environments.
- The GN Shield is wielded on Plutones left arm. A physical shield that is used either in place of or in conjunction with a GN Field. It is used similar to how a modern day shield would be used and is made of E-Carbon and is durable enough to withstand most attacks. The shield can be damaged or destroyed by a beam equipped mobile weapon.
- GN particle vents are built throughout the body of Black Plutone to generate a GN Field. As a variant of one of the first Gundams to have a GN Field, the unit is the first to be able to successfully generate a large GN Field using a false solar reactor.
In pursuit to develop their own custom mobile suits, the Innovators recreated the Plutone with data from Veda and had it tested for its combat capabilities. The GNY-004B Black Gundam Plutone has a black color scheme and is refitted with a GN Drive Tau. Based on its data, the Innovator developed the GNZ series of mobile suits beginning with the GNZ-001 GRM Gundam. Similarities with the GNZ series include the usage of a back mounted escape pod for the pilot as well as the GN-Field ability included in the GNZ-005 Garazzo. Bring Stabity was given this unit to assist Fon while the latter was attempting to drop an asteroid onto the Earth. The Black Plutone was later destroyed by Hixar Fermi piloting the Gundam Sadalsuud Type F, but Bring escaped in the Core Fighter. Some time afterwards, Black Plutone was salvaged and repaired by Fon for his own uses and was given it's original paint scheme.
Notes & Trivia
- Plutone is named after Pluton, the 9th planet and god Pluto. Pluto was the Roman god of the underworld, the counterpart of the Greek Hades.
- The Plutone exists in two different color schemes, one black and one (mainly) white and blue. This is similar to the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II from Mobile Suit Z Gundam, which had a different color scheme depending on who owned it (the original Gundam Mk. II's belonging to the Titans were black while the one stolen by the AEUG was painted in the same colors and the original RX-78-2 Gundam.
Articles & References
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam 00P File no. 4