GNZ-001E GRM Gundam E
|Developed from||GNZ-001 GRM Gundam|
|First Seen||2314 A.D.|
|Known Pilots||Leonard Fiennes|
|Head Height||22.9 meters75.131 ft |
|Standard Weight||61.4 metric tons|
|Power-plant||GN Drive Tau|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only, cockpit in chest|
GNZ-001E GRM Gundam E (aka GRM Gundam E, GRM E, GRM is pronounced "Garm") is a version of GNZ-001 GRM Gundam that is infused with ELS armor and utilizes both ELS technology and human technology. The mobile suit is featured in Mobile Suit Gundam 00I 2314 and is piloted by the ELS infused Innovator Leonard Fiennes.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
GRM Gundam E is the enhanced version of GNZ-001 GRM Gundam (read original article for full description). After Innovators had completed beta-testing GRM, the Gundam was subsequently discarded for more advanced units; it was left behind and forgotten by its creators within the Innovator-occupied colony ship, Celestial Being. However, Celestial Being (CB) saw value in the MS and claimed the unit as their own.
Sent to their shadow intervention team, Fereshte, CB engineers revived and modernized the unit. Unfortunately, due to lack of available data, not much is understood about its upgrades/enhancements. However, it's presumed that CB engineers improved its systems to make it combatable against modern units. The only ability confirmed enhanced was the installation of the Trans-Am System.
Originally, GRM never had the ability to execute Trans-Am because it was built before Innovators could unlock the secrets of the system. However, by AD 2314, CB engineers had access to GN T Drive technology and upgraded its GN Drive Tau to utilize Trans-Am. Because the drive isn't a true GN Drive, it has time-limited applications in combat. It's an ability that's only used in critical situations. However, its capabilities are even less understood after it was enhanced by the ELS.
During the events of the ELS Conflict in AD 2314, GRM was piloted by Leonard Fiennes (former HRL Super Soldier and Fereshte Meister) to defend Earth against the ELS invasion. GRM was struck by three ELS GN-XIV's and was in the process of assimilation when it was halted midway. CB Meister Setsuna F. Seiei managed to establish peace with the ELS and saved humanity, however, the legacy of that conflict remains. Machines and humans that were infected by the ELS can no longer return to their original state and evolved into ELS hybrids. The process infused Leonard with the ELS and also regenerated his lost left arm, and GRM is now partially a ELS MS; CB engineers re-classified the unit as GNZ-001E GRM Gundam E.
Superficially, GRM-E is more curved and smoother than its predecessor. Internally, the changes within GRM-E was never disclosed. However, its the only ELS hybrid that can utilize Trans-Am. Fully assimilated ELS units apparently can't utilize Trans-Am (it was never explained why). Because the way how both its pilot and GRM-E was assimilated, it suggests that Leonard has a symbiotic relationship with GRM-E, but it's not proven nor clear in its applications in combat.
For weapons and combat, GRM-E retains its original weapons and arms: a pair of GN Beam Sabers (for melee combat), a GN Shield that can deploy a GN Field (to block/deflect ballistics), Core Fighter (for emergency escape), and the GN Mega Launcher (for long-ranged high-yield shooting). However, its unclear if or how the hybridization process improved GRM-E in any way for combat; it's only theorized that it has enhanced speed and power.
Overall, GRM-E is a mysterious unit. Due to its enhanced state and semi-biological state, it suggests GRM-E is alive, but it was never confirmed nor other suggestive capabilities. It is a Gundam of many technological mysteries.
- GN Vulcan
- The GN vulcans are low-caliber arm-mounted weapons with a high rate of fire. Though more powerful than the head mounted GN vulcans used on the GNX series, its been seen to have little effect on the armor of the Gundams. This is not to say its useless as an offensive weapon, just that it takes multiple consecutive hits before it shows any damage. Mostly the GN vulcans are used more as a defensive weapon, used to keep enemy mobile suits at a distance so they remain in the effective range of the GN Mega Launcher.
- The GN Vulcan are the same weapon as the original GNZ-001 GRM Gundam.
- GN Mega Launcher
- GN Mega Launcher
- The beam cannon is a prototype of the Gadessa's GN Mega Launcher, its make is derived from Gundams Plutone and Virtue's primary weapons. However, unlike Gadessa, the GRM E's GN Mega Launcher sports 2 Barrels to serve as a GN Twin Beam Rifle, which can split apart for powerful charged shots.
- The GN Mega Launcher are the same weapon as the original GNZ-001 GRM Gundam.
- GN Beam Saber
- For close range combat the GNZ-001E GRM Gundam E is equipped with a pair of beam sabers that are stored in waist mounted recharge racks when not in use. The beam sabers can be quickly deployed into the mobile suit's waiting hands, allowing the GRM E to switch from ranged combat to melee combat in only a second.
Gundam 00I 2314
Leo Sieg piloted the GNZ-001 GRM Gundam during the last stand against the Extraterrestial Living-metal Shape-shifter (ELS). During the battle, he was defeated by the ELS while he was defending the Quantum Brainwave Isolation Facility, and his Gundam was eventually assimilated. As he was about to be killed, Setsuna F. Seiei was able to successfully commence dialogues with the ELS, saving Leo's life in the process. The ELS recovered Leo's physiology and repaired the GRM Gundam, transforming it into GRM Gundam E.
Nothing is much known about the new GRM's full capability, but it was shown that Leo used the Gundam during the "Innovator War."
Notes & Trivia
- The GNZ-001E GRM Gundam E is the only assimilated machine known to execute Trans-Am
Articles & References