Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Beginning 30 Gundam is a reworked version of the original Beginning Gundam, now outfitted with extra armor and vernier thrusters for increased performance and defense. The main difference between the Beginning 30 and its predecessor are the new IFS Units (I-Field control System unit) which allow the Beginning 30 to manipulate the I-Field around it for a variety of purposes. The Beginning 30 has a total of 20 of these units. It also has six additional beam sabers.
Other than the noticeable IFS units, the Beginning 30 differs from its predecessor in appearance with its V-fin being larger. It also exhibits a "Wings of Light" effect not seen on its predecessor, most likely due to the IFS Units.
By manipulating the I-field around it, Beginning 30 Gundam can use almost any of its armaments as remote weapons.
The Beginning 30 Gundam is also equipped with standard weapons such as a beam rifle and a shield.
- Beam Rifle
- By attaching the IFS units to Beginning Gundam's beam rifle, it becomes a high energy beam rifle that can adjust its power output. It is capable of launching a powerful energy whip-like attack that can destroy several enemy mobile suits simultaneously, and it is also capable of shooting a powerful blast with a similar output to that of a beam cannon.
- Beam Saber
- Six beam sabers are stored in the Beginning Gundam's backpack and three more in its shield. They can be used in a claw-like fashion, holding three sabers in one hand. The Beginning 30 Gundam also has six additional beam sabers stored in the waist armor, which unlike standard beam sabers are capable of projecting blades at both ends of the handle. Utilizing its ability to control its I-field, the Beginning 30 Gundam can deploy them as remote weapons, having them spin and cut through enemies like flying buzzsaws.
- Beam Vulcan
- Rather than standard vulcan guns, Beginning 30 Gundam has beam vulcan guns which are in the form of a small blue rectangle on each side of the head. When in use, the Gundam's beam V-fin will dissipate.
- A normal physical shield used by the Beginning 30 Gundam. Using the IFS units, the Beginning 30 Gundam can emit a beam shield on top of the physical shield, much like the Infinite Justice 's shield.
- IFS Unit
- I-Field control System unit. The Beginning 30 houses 20 of these units. These devices greatly enhance Beginning 30's I-field propulsion system and allow it to manipulate its I-Field for both offensive and defensive purposes. The Beginning 30 can also detach these units, using them as remote weapons, they can be used to create a protective I-Field around a friendly unit. The IFS-produced I-Fields take the unusual form of a stream of green bubbles which form the Beginning 30's wings, rifle blasts, shields, and other IFS-related constructs.
The Beginning 30 Gundam first appeared when it saved Kenta and Rina from Koji's RX-93-ν2 Hi-ν Gundam, Haru easily defeated Koji, shortly after, Boris appeared and started attacking Haru, while Rina holds off the Kampfer with the GPB-04B Beargguy's Beam eyes. Kenta eventually defeats the RX-79BD-1 GM Blue Destiny Unit 1 with his funnels. Both Haru and Boris were finally giving everything they got to win their final battle and finishes it with a clash of beam sabers. The Beginning 30 appears in a collection of Gunpla along with Boris's GPB-X78-30 Forever Gundam, Kenta's MSN-04 Sazabi, and Rina's Bear Acguy. The series end with Haru, now a Gunpla Meister, along with Kenta and Rina, talking with two children admiring their custom Gunpla.
- The Beginning 30 Gundam's I-Field seems to be able to protect from solid matter(not just beam weaponry), as it was able to run through some rocks, so it should be able to protect the Beginning 30 from missiles and other ballistic weaponry.
- The Beginning 30 is set to appear in newest installment of the SD Gundam G Generation series, SD Gundam G Generation 3D.