The GX-9900-DV Gundam X Divider (aka Gundam X Divider, X Divider) is a custom modified version of a GX-9900 Gundam X in the After War Gundam X. It is initially piloted by Garrod Ran, but is later piloted by Jamil Neate after Garrod traded-up for GX-9901-DX Gundam Double X.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Gundam X Divider was developed from Gundam X by Kid Salsamille. The unit suffered a devastating defeat against the Bertigo and the majority of its equipment was heavily damaged. It was not feasible for Kid to restore the Gundam X to its original configuration, so he opted to do a make-over, using a collection of spare parts as well as salvaged equipment he collected over the years. After he completed all major repairs and enhancements, he re-dubbed it as GX-9900-DV Gundam X Divider, after its new shield.
The only weapons Gundam X Divider kept was the fixed armament of its Vulcan cannons mounted in its torso, but the rest of its armaments were destroyed or replaced following its battle with the Bertigo. The destroyed Satellite Cannon was replaced with an X-shaped backpack, which stores two large beam swords and has two energy tanks for extended flight time (one pod can last for 12 hours), as well as a storage attachment for the suit's new main weapon - the Divider. To replace the destroyed shield buster rifle , Kid developed the beam machine gun based on a pair of battleship-grade beam cannons. This gave the X Divider a higher rate of fire, as well as a more powerful rifle.
The Divider was created by Kid through the cobbling of various items in his stockpile of spare parts. This shield could be mounted to the back of the Gundam and its thrusters used for flight, the Divider can be hand-held for the same purpose; it can be used for horizontal thrust to propel itself while shielding at the same time. The shield can also opened to reveal 18 fire linked beam guns, called a "Beam Harmonica".
The control console of the Gundam X Divider remained unchanged in the unit, requiring it to be piloted with a G-Controller. This however was changed later as Garrod Ran went to pilot the GX-9901-DX Gundam Double X. The control console was changed to a standard console and became the personal mobile suit of Jamil Neate. Under the control of a New-Type, X Divider can still access its remote bits, FX-9900 GX-Bit, through the Flash System for combat support, but due to Jamil's own mental damage in combat, it's a unreliable ability and only exploited once. Overall, while not as powerful as it was with its Satellite Cannon, Gundam X Divider is still a formidable unit in battle.
- Divider (Beam Harmonica)
- A shield that also functions as a ranged weapon. Replaces the satellite cannon of the original Gundam X. Features two MA use thrusters, granting the X Divider greater speed when docked to the back. The Harmonica cannon is a series of six triple beam cannons, when firing, the shield expands to expose the cannons. The X Divider can enter a hovering mode by docking the Divider to the back.
- Large Beam Sword
- A high power beam sword made by recycling the energy condenser system and amplifier of the destroyed Satellite Cannon.
- Beam Machine Gun
- Two barrels give this weapon a high firing rate. Other than that, the Beam Machine Gun can fire charged shots.
- Breast Vulcan
- A series of four vulcan guns mounted on the chest. Are used effectively in close combat, and to intimidate and stop the enemy at mid range.
- Hyper Bazooka
- A weapon capable of firing explosive rockets or a wide variety of other ammunition.
- Modified from warships' missiles, it is stored on a specialized weapon rack mounted on the left waist.
Developed from the half destroyed GX-9900 Gundam X, the GX-9900-DV Gundam X Divider was the personal mobile suit of Garrod Ran and was used to bring down the MAN-003 Patulia. The Gundam X Divider was later used by Jamil Neate for a brief time in the Sea of Lorelie, where its Flash System was used to summon a group of FX-9900 GX-Bits to combat New United Nations Earth mobile suits. Jamil then used the Flash System in order to have the GX-Bits destroy themselves.
The Gundam X Divider was turned over to Jamil Neate after Garrod Ran acquired the GX-9901-DX Gundam Double X, as such was then refitted to function without the G-Controller. It served as his personal mobile suit till after the 8th Space War.
Notes and Trivia
- In many Super Robot Wars games, it was common for the Gundam X Divider to be able to swap between it and the normal Gundam X, giving players a chance to still use the Gundam X after its destruction.