Design & Development
The Garm Rodi uses the Rodi Frame that was mass-produced during the middle period of the Calamity War, and is equipped with heavy armor. Making use of the frame's characteristic versatility, it achieves a fine balance between mobility and defensive performance. Commander-use versions of the machine has an added fin on top of the head and another shoulder shield.
- Boost Hammer
- Main melee weapon, it is stored on the rear skirt armor when not in use. The hammer has built-in thrusters and its handle can flip out, granting the weapon a longer reach.
- Main ranged weapon.
- Hand Grenade
- A pair are stored on the waist front armor.
- 190mm Long Rifle
- A medium-to-long-range rifle developed by Hēphaistos.
- Mounted on the left shoulder. The commander version has an added shield on the right shoulder.
Several Garm Rodis were first seen being used by the Dawn Horizon Corps when they were hired to attack the Admoss Company's half-metal mine. However, Kudelia Aina Bernstein had engaged Tekkadan to protect the facility. Althought the Garm Rodis performed decently against the Tekkadan's STH-16 Shiden, they became overwhelmed with the appearance of Mikazuki Augus and his ASW-G-08 Gundam Barbatos Lupus and soon retreated.
The Garm Rodis were later deployed during the space battle between the Dawn Horizon Corps and Tekkadan. Again, they were no match against the Gundam Barbatos Lupus, nor were they any match for Akihiro Altland and his ASW-G-11 Gundam Gusion Rebake Full City. After some intervention by Gjallarhorn, the battle ended when Tekkadan captured the Dawn Horizon Corps' leader.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Gundam.Info English Profile
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS Episode 28, Battle Before Dawn