The AGE-3 Gundam AGE-3 Normal is one of the four titular mobile suits and the successor of the AGE-2 Gundam AGE-2 Normal, appearing in the Kio Arc of Mobile Suit Gundam AGE. The unit is piloted by Kio Asuno.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
A third generation mobile suit and successor to Gundam AGE-2, it was developed in secret by Flit, who used the AGE Device left by Asemu before he went missing 13 years ago, in preparation for the final battle against the Vagan. Vagan technologies that were obtained over a long-term period during the war have been applied to the AGE-3 including innovations not found in Federation MS. It is also the most unique out of all the Earth Federation's mobile suits, as it implements the new Core Block System. Unlike previous Gundam units that have been developed under the control of Federation troops, the development of this machine was almost single-handedly carried out by retired military officer Flit Asuno. The main generator built into the Gundam AGE-3 Normal boasts enough output for the simultaneous operation of multiple high-output weapons. Unlike other Earth Federation mobile suits, the AGE-3 can perform atmospheric flight without the use of a sub-flight orbital system, which sets it apart from them.
The AGE-3 is made up of two components: the Core Fighter, serving as the boosters, head and cockpit, and the G-Cepter: a separate transformable unit that serves as the body, arms, legs and armaments of the AGE-3 Normal, capable of autonomous flight. This separation can be utilized in switching between its Fortress and Orbital Wears, eliminating the need for the AMEMBO used by the previous two Gundams. The AGE System is also installed into the Gundam, allowing it to collect combat data and upgrade itself for different combat situations.
Aside from the innovations in design, the AGE-3 is also outfitted with newer weapons. The beam sabers in the mobile suit were made to be wielded either handheld or be deployed directly from the forearm shields. It also has a newer weapon called the SigMaxiss Rifle, a large handheld beam cannon developed from the Diva-class's Photon Blaster Cannon. Being a scaled down version, it can destroy Vagan mobile suits with one shot, even those outfitted with Electromagnetic armor, as well as counter beam cannon shots fired from Vagan MS.
- SigMaxiss Rifle
- A large hand-held beam cannon developed from the Diva-class's Photon Blaster Cannon. Being a scaled down version, it can destroy multiple Vagan mobile suits in one shot, even those outfitted with Electromagnetic Armor and counter beam cannon shots fired from Vagan Mobile Suits. When not in use, it can be stored on the back of AGE-3.
- Blustia Cannon
- Referred to as a "miniature Photon Ring Ray", the Blustia Cannon is a weapon attachment created by the AGE Builder for the SigMaxiss Rifle to dramatically increase its power and range, allowing the Gundam AGE-3 Normal to take out a Vagan battleship in one shot. In order for the weapon to fire, a significant amount of charge time is needed. The Blustia Cannon was destroyed after firing, presumably because it was developed hastily without enough combat data.
- Beam Sabers
- Stored in AGE-3's arm shields. The sabers can be either handheld or be deployed directly from the forearm shields.
Special Equipment & Features
- The AGE System is the Special OS for the Gundam, engineered by the lineage of the Asuno family. It researches the evolution of living beings by digitizing the mysteries surrounding it and collects battle data to customize itself, grows alongside the pilot and is customized and used exclusively by the pilot itself. The only way for this system to be used and the Gundam to mobilize is by using the AGE Device.
- The Core Block System allows the Gundam AGE-3 to be separated and re-combined in emergency situations as well as to change gears in any environment without the requirement of AMEMBO to specifically transport the wear variation. However at the present stage, both the Core Fighter and the G-Wears require a pilot each for a successful docking. However the Core Fighter was reconfigured at Flit's request so it can operate using one pilot.
- Wear System
- The Wear Systems used in Gundam AGE-3 are transformable into their G-Wear configurations, namely G-Hopper for Fortress Wear and G-Viper for Orbital Wear respectively. However, these have their own cockpits and require a pilot to activate and launch the G-Wear, while the auto-pilot system will align and dock with the Core Fighter to become the desired variation.
- Smoke Grenades
- These grenades are used for preventing the enemy from interrupting AGE-3's docking process.
For more information on the AGE-3 Normal's history, see Kio Asuno's page.
Video Game Only
Notes and Trivia
- Design wise, the Gundam AGE-3 is a tribute to the MSZ-010 ΖΖ Gundam, as it also has separate components and a matching Core Block System.
- The AGE-3 is the first mobile suit in the Advanced Generation timeline that uses a Core Block System..
- Whilst the AGE-1 wears are based on fighting different suit types and the AGE-2's on complementing the pilots fighting style, the AGE-3 wears are optimised to fighting in different environments
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Hobby Japan" Monthly, Hobby Japan, May 2012, JAN 4910081270529.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 "Gundam AGE3 Normal" Assembly Instruction Manual, 1/144 scale HG Gundam AGE, No.21, Bandai, (2012)
|Gundam AGE: Treasure Star Mechanics|
AGE-1 Gundam AGE-1 Daiki Version | G-Exes Custom | Gundam AGE-1 Phoenix | Kotetsu Genoace
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
AGE-1 Gundam AGE-1 Normal | AGE-3 Gundam AGE-3 Normal | RGE-G1100 Adele
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
ovv-a Baqto | ovv-f Gafran | xvv-xc Zedas
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
|Zalam-Euba Alliance / Civilians|
CMS-223Z Zila | CMS-574X Xeno