Gundam Battle Assault
Gundam Battle Assault
Gundam: Battle Assault is a 2D Fighting game, developed by Natsume and published by Bandai, which was released in 2000.
|Pilot||Mobile Suits||Series||Unlocked or Hidden|
|Heero Yuy||XXXG-01W Wing Gundam||Gundam Wing||Playable from the Start|
|Denim||MS-06C Zaku II||Mobile Suit Gundam||Playable from the Start|
|Akahana||MSM-04 Acguy||Mobile Suit Gundam||Playable from the Start|
|Kamille Bidan||MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam||Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam||Playable from the Start|
|Judau Ashta||MSZ-010 Double Zeta Gundam||Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ||Playable from the Start|
|Paptimus Scirocco||PMX-003 The O||Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam||Playable from the Start|
|Haman Karn||AMX-004 Qubeley||Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ||Playable from the Start|
|Char Aznable (20, U.C. 0079)||MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type||Mobile Suit Gundam||Playable by Cheat Code Only|
|Char Aznable (20, U.C. 0079)||MSN-02 Zeong||Mobile Suit Gundam||Playable from the Start|
|Char Aznable (34, U.C. 0093)||MSN-04 Sazabi||Char's Counterattack||Playable from the Start|
|Amuro Ray (15, U.C. 0079)||RX-78-2 Gundam||Mobile Suit Gundam||Hidden Characters|
|Amuro Ray (29, U.C. 0093)||RX-93 Nu Gundam||Char's Counterattack||Hidden Characters|
|Shiro Amada||RB-79K Ball||Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team||Hidden Characters|
|Mikhail Kaminsky||MSM-03C Hygogg||Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket||Playable from the Start|
|Anavel Gato||RX-78GP02A Gundam "Physalis"||Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory||Playable from the Start|
|Ple Two||NZ-000 Quin-Mantha||Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ||Playable from the Start|
|Dozle Zabi||MA-08 Big Zam||Mobile Suit Gundam||Hidden Characters (Mid-Boss)|
|Anavel Gato||AMA-002 Neue Ziel||Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory||Hidden Characters (1st Sub Boss)|
|Valder Farkill||MRX-012 Psyco Gundam Mk-III||New Mobile Report Gundam Wing Dual Story: G-Unit||Hidden Characters (2nd Sub Boss)|
|Treize Khushrenada||OZ-15AGX Hydra Gundam||Gundam Wing||Hidden Characters (Final Boss)|
It is the year A.C. 19X. Heero Yuy has once again taken up the Wing Gundam, this time to take out Mobile Suits and bring peace to the world. As he battles, he's met with different people. Some, like Amuro Ray, want to test him for the battles ahead. Some, like Judau Ashta, just want to make a living using their suit. Many others, however, are unwilling to stand out, lead on by a mysterious person. As he battles and take out different suits, he finally confronts the mastermind of it all: Treize Khushrenada, who seeks to reignite war once more. A violent battle between the Wing Gundam and the Hydra Gundam ends with the Hydra's defeat, though Treize escapes as his base is set to blow.
- Valder Farkill (from the Gundam Wing: G-Unit manga) pilots the Psyco Gundam Mark III while Treize Khushrenada pilots Valder's Hydra Gundam.
- The Psyco Gundam Mark III is an original unit designed for the four games (The Battle Master 1, 2, Battle Assault 1 & 2). It has similar characteristics to the previous two Psyco Gundams, including their large size and Scattering Mega Particle Cannon. It does not, however, seem able to transform into a mobile armor form.
- Ple Two's Character art on the game is Elpeo Ple normal look also is the same for her in Battle Assault 2.
- The original Japanese version of the game, Gundam The Battle Master 2 had an original cast and an original story for the game as well as all the same mobile suits with the Wing Gundam not being on the game, originally in its place was Hamma Hamma, while Gundam Battle Assault was released in 2001 in Japan three years after the original was release making Japan have the same game in two different versions. When the game was localized, it was decided that the original cast be replaced by the suits' original pilots with Heero as the main player character in due to success of Gundam Wing's airing on Cartoon Network's Toonami block at the time, making the game a proper crossover.
- The Wing Gundam used here is actually a modified Zeta Gundam sprite and uses all of the suit's moves, including its Waverider Attack super attack. Because of this, the sprite of the suit transformed ends up looking awkward.
- The Big Zam looks different from its anime appearance, it does not seem to be able to use its anti-aircraft claws as they are replaced with regular toes and the legs have armor and a larger number of thrusters.
- Several of the Mobile Suits' secondary colors reference other Mobile Suits:
- Zaku II's beige scheme bears a resemblance to the Desert Zaku series
- Qubeley's black scheme makes it resemble the MK.II version which is supposed to be a slightly smaller variant.
- Zeong's red scheme is an obvious reference to Char's tendency to red-colored mobile suits
- ZZ Gundam's black scheme is similar to the Final Test version of the FAZZ
- Neue-Ziel's white and blue color scheme references the Earth Federation's normal color scheme for captured Zeon suits.
- Char's Zaku's yellow scheme is a reference to the Hyaku Shiki.
- The Gundam's white and gray color scheme references the original Rollout color scheme intended for the Gundam.