Gundam Battle Assault 2 is the sequel to Gundam Battle Assault, originally released for the Playstation in North America on July 17, 2002, making it one of the first original games to be released for an American audience instead of Japan.
Battle Assault 2's gameplay is similar to the original game, though dodging and i-Fields reduce the Boost Gauge rather than the health gauge. Mobile Armors have the same defense as mobile suits though they now have additional health bars as well. The backgrounds are now rendered as fully 3D polygonal environments rather than static backgrounds. Additionally, the Story Mode (now called Street Mode) has been expanded to play as other characters through an arcade-style campaign with voiced cutscenes used with particular match ups. Time Attack has also been added to play through a series of fights as fast as possible as well as a Survival Mode
Because of the target audience, the roster is heavily updated to mainly feature Gundams from both Gundam Wing and G Gundam. However, the Wing Gundam and several units from Zeta Gundam were removed due to future localization plans.
- RX-78-2 Gundam and Amuro Ray (UC 0079)
- MS-06 Zaku II and Denim
- MS-06S Char's Zaku II and Char Aznable
- MA-08 Big Zam and Dozle Zabi
- MSN-02 Zeong and Char Aznable
- MSM-04 Acguy and Akahana
- MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam (through cheat devices)
- PMX-003 The O and Paptimus Scirocco (through cheat devices)
- AMX-004 Qubeley (through cheat devices)
- FA-010S Full Armor ZZ Gundam and Judau Ashta
- NZ-000 Queen Mansa and Puru Two
- AMX-103 Hamma Hamma (through cheat devices)
- GF13-017NJII Burning Gundam and Domon Kasshu
- GF13-006NA Gundam Maxter and Chibodee Crocket
- GF13-011NC Dragon Gundam and Sai Saici
- GF13-009NF Gundam Rose and George de Sand
- GF13-013NR Bolt Gundam and Argo Gulskii
- GF13-001NHII Master Gundam and Master Asia
- JDG-009X Dark Gundam and Kyoji Kasshu
- XXXG-00W0 Wing Gundam Zero Custom and Heero Yuy
- XXXG-01D2 Gundam Deathscythe H and Duo Maxwell
- XXXG-01H2 Gundam Heavyarms Kai and Trowa Barton
- XXXG-01SR2 Gundam Sandrock Kai and Quatre Raberba Winner
- XXXG-01S-2 Gundam Nataku and Chang Wufei
- OZ-00MS2B Tallgeese III and Zechs Merquise
- This is thus far the only game to feature voice acting for Gundam W: G-Unit character Valder Farkill.
- In the options menu, the voice acting clips for Trowa and Trieze are switched.