Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Design & Development
After the battle of Edmonton, the severely damaged Gundam Kimaris Trooper was recovered and under the orders of Rustal Elion, it was overhauled into the Gundam Vidar by the Outer Lunar Orbit Joint Fleet (aka Arianrhod Fleet). During the overhaul, the damaged parts of the Gundam Frame were replaced with new parts produced using the current technology. The suit spent a long time undergoing maintenance and adjustment, and only Rustal and a few others in the fleet were aware of its existence and details of its systems.
The cockpit structure of the Gundam Vidar has the characteristics of Gjallarhorn's mobile suits, and does not contain the Alaya-Vijnana system. Instead, a unique control system unlike the ones used by the Graze or the Reginlaze was adopted. Currently, little is known about this system. Another special feature of the Gundam Vidar is that it has a third Ahab Reactor equipped on its back. Since, the Gundam Frame's two Ahab Reactors already produce more than sufficient energy to power the mobile suit, this third reactor is likely used for other purposes, such as concealing its original identity.
- Burst Saber
- Gundam Vidar's main armament, this slim saber is used for striking, thrusting and other similar combat styles. Its blade can be disconnected from the hilt to serve as an explosive, or if it becomes entangled. Replacement blades are stored in the side armor, three blades per armor. When attaching a new blade to the saber, the side armor will slide back to expose the blade. The burst saber is stored on the side armor when not in use.
- A highly versatile rifle that can be used in any range, it is stored on the side of the side armor when not in use. Manufactured by Gjallarhorn's development department, it is in test operation when adopted by Gundam Vidar.
- Close range shooting weapon stored in the front skirt armor, it is used to contain the movements of enemy mobile suit in close combat. Both handguns can be used simultaneously for concentrated fire.
- Hunter's Edge
- This close combat weapon consisted of two extendable blades, one in the tip of the foot and another in the heel. It can be used during kicking and stomping.
The Gundam Vidar is first deployed in 325 P.D after a lengthy period of repair and maintenance. It first sees action against rebels in the space colonies who were seeking independence from the Oceanian Federation.
Notes & Trivia
- Unlike other Gundam Frames in the Post Disaster timeline, the Gundam Vidar is not named after a Demon in the Ars Goetia, but is instead named after the Æsir god of revenge from Norse mythology.
- On the sensor, the unit's Ahab Wave frequency is listed simply as 'Gjallarhorn Unit No.21'.
Gunpla & Toys
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 High Grade Gundam Vidar model kit manual
- ↑ Official Site Profile 
- ↑ Iron Blooded Orphans (S2) episode 34