A complete list of the timelines and universes in the Gundam series.
Universal Century is the English name for the original timeline of the Gundam anime metaseries. It is also called "Uchuu Seiki", meaning "The Era of Space", in Japanese, but the official English name Universal Century is always used to tag along the Japanese kanji name and is often abbreviated as "UC".
The Universal Century universe remains by far the most developed one, with four TV series, four OVA series, fifteen theatrical releases, and various specials.
- Universal Century 0068: MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM THE ORIGIN I Blue-Eyed Casval (2015)
- Universal Century 0071: MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM THE ORIGIN II Artesia's Sorrow (2015)
- Universal Century 0078: MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM THE ORIGIN III Dawn of Rebellion (2016)
- Universal Century 0078-0079: MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM THE ORIGIN IV Eve of Destiny (2016)
- Universal Century 0079: Mobile Suit Gundam (1979 – 1980),
- Universal Century 0079 - 0080: Mobile Suit Gundam 0080 (1989)
- Universal Century 0083: Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 (1991 – 1992)
- Universal Century 0087: Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (1985 – 1986),
- Zeta Gundam: A New Translation (2005 – 2006)
- Universal Century 0088: Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (1985 – 1986),
- Zeta Gundam: A New Translation (2005 – 2006)
- Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (1986 – 1987),
- Universal Century 0089: Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ (1986 – 1987)
- Universal Century 0093: Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack (1988)
- Universal Century 0096: Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (2010 – 2014)
- Universal Century 0105: Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway's Flash
- Universal Century 0123: Mobile Suit Gundam F91 (1991)
- Universal Century 0133: Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam (1994 – 1997)
- Universal Century 0153: Mobile Suit Victory Gundam (1993 – 1994)
- Universal Century 0203: Gaia Gear (1987)
- Universal Century 0223: G-Saviour (2001)
- Future Century 60: Mobile Fighter G Gundam (1994 – 1995)
After Colony/Mars Century
After Colony is a timeline set within the Gundam Universe corresponding to the construction of the 195 space colonies in Mobile Suit Gundam Wing. It is often abbreviated as "AC." The After Colony timeline takes place after the Universal Century (the start of humanity's space-age) including an Earth Federation-like government (United Earth Sphere Alliance and later the Organization of the Zodiac), which retains control of the space colonies and is more oppressive. The colonies struggled for freedom, and the Gundams were built as way of defending the plight of the colonies to escape this oppression.
Mars Century, abbreviated as "MC", is a continuation of the After Colony timeline used on Mars, with action taking place within the Mars Sphere and broken up with flashbacks of the After Colony era's history.
The After Colony calendar-era is the third most developed, with one TV series, one OVA series and a compilation movie. Mars Century consists of one novel.
- After Colony 195: New Mobile Report Gundam Wing (1995 – 1996)
- After Colony 196: New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz (1997)
- Mars Century 0022: New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop (2010-2015)
After War is a timeline set within the Gundam Universe which has been noted for it's distinct apocalyptic world. However, it has many similarities with the Universal Century. After War is the only timeline, besides the U.C., to feature Newtypes as an important element.
- After War 15: After War Gundam X (1996)
The Correct Century is known as Seireki in Japanese. Seireki is a wordplay on the Japanese term for the Common Era (C.E.) Western calendar system (西暦; also pronounced Seireki). Its kanji literally means "Correct Calendar" and is unofficially interpreted as "Correct Century" by English-speaking fans as a send-off to the Universal Century timeline.
- Correct Century 2345: ∀ Gundam (1999 – 2000)
Cosmic Era is a timeline set within the Gundam Universe. It is often abbreviated as "C.E."
The Cosmic Era timeline is the only Gundam timeline after the original Universal Century with multiple TV series. It is also the second most developed, with two TV series, one ONA and two compilation movies.
- Cosmic Era 71: Mobile Suit Gundam SEED (2003), Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Astray (2003)
- Cosmic Era 73: Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny (2005), Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73: STARGAZER (2006)
Anno Domini is a timeline set within the Gundam Universe where the events of Gundam 00 (which uses the Gregorian calendar) take place.
- A.D. 2307: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (2008)
- A.D. 2308: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (2008)
- A.D. 2312: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 2nd Season (2009)
- A.D. 2314: Mobile Suit Gundam 00: A wakening of the Trailblazer (2010)
The Advanced Generation (often abbreviated as "AG" or "A.G.") is a timeline set within the Gundam Universe. Gundam Age is set several hundred years since mankind had migrated into space and living inside space colonies. Wars on Earth had long ended, and the world seems to be in a peaceful era.
- A.G. 115 – 164: Mobile Suit Gundam AGE (2012)
- A.G. 141 – 164: Mobile Suit Gundam AGE: Memory of Eden (2013)
- Regild Century 1014: Gundam Reconguista in G (2015)
The Post Disaster era is a timeline set within the Gundam Universe after a devastating war between Earth and Mars known as the "Calamity War".
- Post Disaster 323: Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS (2015 - April 2nd 2017)