Technology and Combat Characteristics
Guti is a combat used powered suit that is roughly 2m tall, and unlike MS, it is not piloted but “worn”, however the user’s limbs are not inside of the suit’s limbs. Commonly used in battle before the appearance of MS. Currently, it is used only in specific mission, E.g. mission where MS is too large or in places where the terrain is difficult for MS. The track on the leg allows it to travel easily on various terrains. Its weapon are mostly inferior to those on MS and are incapable of destroying them. Serpent Tail owns several units and it is favored by Loretta Adja; her unit has the number "3" incorporated on its Serpent Tail emblem.
- Standard Rifle
- A hand held rifle, its penetrating power has been increased and can be used to fight against MS, but its main aim is to disable the MS and not to destroy it.
- Bendable Rifle (Tentative name)
- Another type of hand held rifle, its penetrating power is lower than the standard rifle. As its name suggest, the rifle's body can bend, allowing the user to hide behind a wall and shoots at enemy targets. Frequently used in street battles and base defense/attack.
- Battle Hammer (Tentative name)
- A close combat weapon mounted on the back of the powered suit, it is a hammer with a long handle and on the hammer head is a sharp tip that can be heated to cause more damage. It is effective at damaging facilities but not usefully against the mobile MS.
First described in the Gundam Seed Astray novel, Gai lent a few of these units to a group of villagers so that they can help in protecting the village that he has been employed to protect. Later, Loretta would use her unit to scout the battlefield for traps before the battle between Gai and the Socius clones. Her appearance after Gai's defeat also prevented the Socius clones from killing him. The powered suit later reappears again in Gundam SEED Frame Astray.
- Although Guti first appeared in the Seed Astray novel, its lineart did not appear until Seed Frame Astray.