Technology & Combat Characteristics
Although Gundam F91 doesn't feature complex mission packs equipments like its predecessor, the F90 Gundam F90, it nevertheless can be adapt for various missions by changing to an alternate backpack. One such equipment is the HWF91 Gundam F91 Heavy Weapons Type. Instead of the advance Variable Speed Beam Rifle (VSBR), the Heavy Weapons Type mounts enhanced shoulder armor, with more apogee motors for increased mobility. Despite the combined use of large anti-ship missiles and beam gatlings, its power is inferior compared to the VSBR-mounting model.
- Vulcan Gun
- The Gundam F91 is equipped with a pair of head mounted Vulcan guns to serve as a mid-close range defensive weapon. While they do little damage against the armor of a mobile suit, they are useful for shoot down incoming missiles, small attack vehicles, or to deter closing in enemy machines.
- Mega Machine Cannon
- The F91 is equipped with a pair of fire-linked mega machine cannons in its chest, and they are more powerful than the vulcan guns.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber is the standard close-combat weapon of most mobile suits, it emits a blade of plasma contained by an I-field that can cut through any physical armor that have not been treated to resist it. The beam saber is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor, and the F91 has two beam sabers stored in the left hip armor. The hands of the F91 are capable of rotating 360 degrees continuously, and when it holds the beam sabers, this effectively creates a beam buzz saw.
- 4-barrel Beam Gatling Gun
- A gatling-style beam weapon capable of a high-rate of fire, the Beam Gatling Gun is capable of unleashing a torrent of beam fire which will shred through almost anything, regardless of how durable it is. However, individual shots inflict relatively light damage to target. Two 4-barrel Beam Gatling Guns are mounted on the hips of the Gundam F91 Heavy Weapon Type and serve as the suit's main weapons.
- 2-tube Anti-ship Missile Launcher
- Another two 2-tube Anti-ship Missile Launchers is put above the Beam Gatling Guns. They are mainly used for mid-to-long ranged bombardment against battleships and heavy-armored enemies. Because of the ballistic nature, the missile is particularly effective against a target that has beam-resistance.
- Beam Shield
- The F91 Gundam Heavy Weapons Type is equipped with a pair of beam shield generators. The first beam shield generator is mounted on the left arm. The second is a spare stored in the right hip armor. Unlike an I-field generator, which is effective only against beam attacks, the beam shield blocks both beam and projectile weapons. The beam shield generates a plane of energy similar to the blade of a beam saber. This plane is divided into multiple sections, which can be turned on or off as needed to conserve energy. Individual sections are also automatically deactivated whenever they're in danger of coming into contact with the mobile suit itself. Like beam sabers, the F91's beam shields have an internal battery that can power the shield even when not connected to the mobile suit.
- On The Gundam Chronicles it is called Gundam F91 [Strengthened Armament Type], while on Hobby Japan 286 (March 1993 issue; 1/100 scale conversion modeled by Shunya Yamashita) it is named F91 [Back Cannon use].
F71 G-Cannon Powered Weapon Type | F71 G-Cannon VSBR Type
|Gundam F91's variations|
F91 Gundam F91 Twin VSBR Type | HWF91 Gundam F91 Heavy Weapons Type
|RGM-109 Heavygun's variation|
RGM-109 Heavygun Full Equipment Type
|RGM-111 Hardygun's variations|
RGM-111G Hardygun Close Combat Type | RGM-111R Hardygun Reconnaissance Type
|Guntank R-44's variation|
RXR-44 Guntank R-44 Powered Weapons Type
| XM-05 Berga Giros' variation|
XM-05 Berga Giros Heavy Armament Type
|XM-06 Dahgi Iris' variation|
XM-06 Dahgi Iris Custom
| XM-07 Vigna Ghina's variations|
XM-07B Vigna Ghina II | XM-07S Vigna Ghina Berah Ronah Special