Her Name is Gyanko is the third episode of Gundam Build Fighters Try.
Yuuma's transfer to the Gunpla Battle Club, which looked as if it would be a big problem, turns out be quick and easy. It's almost an anticlimax when he officially joins the club, but they now meet the entry requirements for the Gunpla Battle Championship, and Fumina swiftly completes their entry with a club adviser's help. With little time until the tournament's regional qualifiers, Sekai and friends begin their battle training. Then their adviser informs them that he's arranged a practice match. Their opponents will be the "Song Dynasty Vase" team from St. Odessa Girl's School, a veteran team which made the best four in last year's regional qualifiers. Their team leader, Kaoruko Sazaki, is known as "Gyanko" because she is fond of Gyan type mobile suits. As a packed gallery watches, the Try Fighters finally begin their first team battle!
- Sekai Kamiki
- Fumina Hoshino
- Yuuma Kousaka
- Mirai Kamiki
- Mr. Ral
- Daiki Miyaga
- Eri Shinoda
- Kaoruko Sazaki
- Mahiru Shigure
- Keiko Sano
- During Sekai's opening monologue, he mentions his master traveling in the Guyana Highlands. The area was formerly the setting of a training arc for Domon Kasshu and the new members of the Shuffle Alliance in Mobile Fighter G Gundam.
- The episode title resembles that of an episode from New Mobile Report Gundam Wing, And Its Name is Epyon.
- When Sekai asks about why Mr. Ral's MS-07R-35 Gouf R35 is named as such, Ral states that it is because he is 35 years old. It also refers to the 35th anniversary of the airing of Mobile Suit Gundam.
- Befitting her primary inspiration, many elements surrounding Kaoruko reference M'Quve, the pilot of the YMS-15 Gyan.
- St. Odessa Girls Academy is named for the Principality of Zeon's Odessa Mining Base, which M'Quve oversaw. The school uniform even features elements of Zeonic uniforms, such as the cuffs and collars.
- Kaoruko's team is named Team Song Dynasty Vase, after one of M'Quve's most prized possessions.
- The chime sound made by the R-Gyagya, as well as Kaoruko's subsequent line of, "a charming sound", are a direct echo of M'Quve's habitual tapping the aforementioned vase.
- During the fight itself, Sekai is lambasted by Yuuma for falling for the opposing team's Jet Stream Attack, made famous by Zeon's Black Tri-Stars during the One Year War.
- As a result, Sekai becomes the first protagonist to actually be damaged by said attack.
|Gundam Build Fighters Try Episodes|
The Boy Who Calls The Wind | Team Up, Try Fighters! | Her Name is Gyanko | G-MUSE | Dream And Challenge in Your Heart | Ruler of the Battlefield | Straight-Assembly Shimon | Upon This Shield | Showdown At Solomon | Gunpla Collection | Nielsen Labs | To Fly To the Future | Beyond The Knuckle | Worthy Rivals | Reborn Try Fighters | Magnificent Shia | Haunted Castle Trap | Snibal-Drago-Gira (episode) | Fateful Reunion | Unbreakable Heart | Blue Wings | Follow Your Heart | Build Fighter | Final Burst | Our Gunpla