High Grade or HG is a line of Gunpla kits by Bandai. These kits at either 1:144 or 1:100 scale, provide for better range of motion and greater poseability. It is important to note that the 1:100 scale models for Mobile Suit Gundam SEED, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny, and Mobile Suit Gundam 00 do not have HG listed anywhere on the box or manual, but they are considered HG in terms of quality.
The HG moniker has also been used in other anime kit lines such as Neon Genesis Evangelion and Aura Battler Dunbine.
List of HG Categories
- To celebrate the 10th anniversary of Gunpla, Bandai released all-new molds of the first four main Gundams with improved detail and articulation.
- This line focuses on the Universal Century timeline. Even compared to other HG kits of the same period (eg: HG Gundam SEED compared to HGUC), they are known to be highly accurate in terms of details, proportions, and joints while still easy to build.
- High Grade All Gundam Project/High Grade Revive
- The HGUC line was eventually expanded into the After Colony, After War, Correct Century, Cosmic Era & Future Century timelines. Unlike the other AU High Grade kits, they utilize the same joints and build quality of HGUC produced during manufacture period (e.g.: A HGCE Gunpla produced in 2014 will have the same build quality and attention to detail as HGUC Gunpla produced in 2014). In mid-2015, Bandai will release redesigns of earlier HG kits with newer detail and articulation features.
- A small line of 1/550 scale mobile armor units from Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory.
- Introduced in 2010 to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Gunpla, this line focuses on the Model Suit Gunpla Builders series. Most of the models are remolds of HGUC kits.
- First introduced in 2013, this line focuses on the Gundam Build Fighters and Gundam Build Fighters Try series. Like the HG Gunpla Builders line, majority of the line's models are based on HGUC kits. The sub-line High Grade Build Custom consists of add-on accessories to further customize other Gunpla kits.
- This 2014 series focuses on the mobile suits of the manga Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt.
- This 2015 series consists of the mobile suits featured in Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin.
- Released in 1997, this Gunpla line for New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz featured parts to replicate dynamic action poses.
- This 2002 line focuses on the Cosmic Era timeline.
- This 2007 Gunpla line focuses on the Anno Domini timeline.
- This 2011 line on the Advanced Generation timeline.
- This 2014 line focuses on the Regild Century timeline.
- This 2015 Gunpla line focuses on the Post Disaster timeline.