Design & Development
A Calamity War era machine used by SAU and the Oceanian Federation, they had sourced the Gilda independently. The Gilda is an easy to use machine based on the the Hexa Frame, but unlike the IPP-66305 Hugo, it has standard leg joints which have high versatility and are suitable for ground use. Like many Hexa Frame machines, Gilda’s cockpit is located near the top, in this case, in the top half of the backpack. The cockpit hatch and seat slides out backwards when opening.
Originally, Gilda is a space colony-use worker MS and is equipped with work tools. During independence movements, the Gildas are used in riots and their work tools became weapons due to urgency, but they are no match for true MS weapons. Although a worker MS, its origin can be traced to combat use MS, thus if given the right equipment, it has the potential to be used for combat. However, there is still a need to recruit training personnel.
The standard version of the Gilda had a hood-like head armor similar to that of the Hugo, and the Oceanian Federation used them for security purposes in the space colonies in addition to being a worker MS. The SAU used an altered version with a different head and chest design, and armed it with better weapons for combat purposes. The Gilda serves as the SAU's main mobile suit, and its mobility and variety of armaments allow it to handle any combat situation at close-mid range. However, the low number of surviving Hexa Frame machines meant the Gildas are not truly suitable for deployment on a military scale. Thus, they are deployed alongside other machines. The fact that the SAU used the Gilda in the military indicated that the economic blocs are still exploring how to expand their military forces.
- Used by the SAU version, it is basically a large handgun. Can be stored on the rear skirt armor.
- Sword Club
- A close combat weapon that is a cross of a sword and club; it is unknown what the slit at the top of the weapon is for. Stored on the back when not in use. Used by the SAU version and the the white Gildas that attacked Naze Turbines' ships in the past.
- Shield Pile
- Carried on the left forearm by the SAU version, it is a small and easy to handle shield with two pile bunkers.
- A work tool used by the standard version of the Gilda, it has an extendable handle and can be stored on the back. The crowbar can also be used as a weapon and to disarm opponent in close combat.
- Wire Gun
- Another work tool used by the standard version of the Gilda, it is a gun that fires a wired anchor. The anchor has a nail at the tip and three thrusters. Can be used to capture opponent during battle.
- 90mm Submachine Gun
- A simple mobile suit-use submachine gun that is widely circulated. Due to its light weight, it is easy to handle. It can be fired single handedly or held with both hands, and during precision firing, the stock is extended. Used by the white Gildas that attacked Naze Turbines' ships in the past.
During the Arbrau-SAU war, SAU deployed several Gildas alongside the SAU Mobile Workers, and Gjallarhorn's Graze Ground Types to fight against Arbrau's Hloekk Grazes, Galan's Geirail and the Geirail Scharfrichter piloted by his subordinates, and Landman Rodis of Tekkadan. Later, a Gilda found Takaki's Mobile Worker and was about to shoot it down, but Galan arrived and defeated it, saving Takaki.
Rebels in the Oceanian Federation's space colonies used the standard version of the Gildas. Armed with crowbars and wire guns, many were destroyed by the Gundam Vidar.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 'Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mechanics & World 2' Book
- ↑ 'The Document of Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans 2' Book
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 'Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mechanical Works' Book
- ↑ Gundam.Info English Profile
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS Episode 31, Silent War
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS Episode 39, Counsel
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS Episode 34, Vidar Rising
- ↑ 'Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Second Season Completion' Book