The IPP-66305 Hugo is a mobile suit that debuted in second season of the Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS television series.
Design & Development
Developed during the middle stage of the Calamity War, the high mobility Hugo also has highly stable performance under gravity due to its light weight. Designed for support in medium and close range combat, most of its weapons are used for supporting its allies instead of single combat with opponents. Despite this, it is capable of fighting on its own if required and its specialty is capturing the enemy with its Shot Anchor Claws and/or Leg Claws and then finishing off with its handheld melee weapon.
In order to retain mobility, Hugo have less armor than most mobile suit, leading to most of them being shot down during the Calamity War. However, thanks to its cockpit being located in the head, its pilot have an easier time bailing out, resulting in higher pilot survival rate. The Hugo's Hexa frame has also been improved with backward-jointed legs, and thus it can use them like arms.
- Shot Anchor Claw
- Mounted on the waist armor, the shot anchor claw can be used to haul supplies as well as capturing enemy units.
- Small Missile
- Two small missiles can be fired from a pair of launchers mounted in the right side of the head.
- Also known as Engetsuto, this is a standard equipment for Hugo since the Calamity War. The pair of Scimitars can be used to parry and entangle enemy's weapons, as well as damage enemy units. Used by Sandoval's unit and stored on the backpack when not in use.
- 110mm Machine Gun
- A machine gun developed by Hephaistos, a company located at a Lunar Lagrange point. Used by Sandoval's unit.
- Buster Sword
- A large weapon for close-range combat used by pirates. Used by the pair of Hugos operated by the twin brothers of the Dawn Horizon Corps, as well as the Hugos of JPT Trust (a subsidiary of Teiwaz). Stored on the backpack when not in use.
- 190mm Long Rifle
- A medium-to-long-range rifle developed by Hēphaistos. Used by the pair of Hugos operated by the twin brothers of the Dawn Horizon Corps, as well as the Hugos of JPT Trust.
Three Hugos were used by Dawn Horizon Corps, one by its leader, Sandoval Reuters and the other two by the group's executives, the twins. During the space battle between Dawn Horizon Corps and Tekkadan, the twins launched in their Hugos first and held off Tekkadan and the small Gjallarhorn force lead by Isurugi Camice prior to the arrival of Rustal's forces. When the tide of the battle turned against the Dawn Horizon Corps, Sandoval Reuters launched in his Hugo. The twins and their Hugos were later defeated by Isurugi and Julieta Juris separately, while Sandoval was defeated and captured by Mikazuki Augus. The fate of the three Hugos afterwards is unknown.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 High Grade Hugo model kit manual
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Gundam.Info English Profile
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Iron Blooded Orphans (S2) episode 28 & 29
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 HGIBA 1/144 Option Set 5 box text