Its Name: Gundam (その名はガンダム Sono Na wa Gandamu?, also translated as Its Name is Gundam) is the second episode of Mobile Suit Gundam SEED. It first aired on October 12, 2002 (January 8, 2012 for the HD Remaster version) in Japan.
ZAFT is able to steal four of the five G Project prototype mobile suits, leaving only the GAT-X105 Strike. With Murrue Ramius unable to pilot it effectively, Kira pilots the Strike and defends Heliopolis against the invading ZAFT forces to protect his friends. Ensign Natarle Badgiruel takes command of the new mobile assault ship Archangel with the surviving crew members.
- Mechs Introduced: ZGMF-515 CGUE, Archangel-class
- Kira pilots the Strike Gundam for the first time.
- Kira defeats Miguel Aiman in battle.
- Mu la Flaga fights Rau Le Creuset for the first time.
- Mu la Flaga and Rau Le Creuset sense each other for the first time.
- Some DVD releases of the Episode features one scene of the Strike firing the CIWS in two different sound effects.
- The Vulcan Gun/Igelstellung & the Armor Schneider Assault Knife is misspelled as "Valcan Gun/Igelstelung" & "Assalut Knife/Armr-Scneider" This was corrected in the HD Remastered release, but the Igelstellung's misspelling is retained.
HD Remaster Changes
- Miguel's GINN's optic glows when he charges to the Strike.
- Several scenes from the Special Edition release is added in this episode:
- Kira subsituting Murrue as the Strike's pilot.
- Miguel's GINN being hit by Strike's vulcan effects were slightly enhanced.
- A reworked shot of the Strike punching Miguel's GINN, albeit slightly shortened in 0.5 seconds in the first scene.
- The fixed missing red color on the Strike's antenna forehead.
- Close-up of Strike's back thruster.
- The Strike charging to Miguel's GINN.
- Newly Animated scenes:
- The CIWS Vulcans & the Armor Schneider (except for Igelstellung) had their names corrected.
- Kira/Strike successfully disabling Miguel's GINN.
- The self-destruct sequence of Miguel's GINN .
- Olor's GINN taking damage from Moebius Zero.