Technology & Combat Characteristics
A replica of the Shining Gundam, the Shading Gundam is equipped with an AI system based on Shining Gundam's combat data. It still features a cockpit for holding a pilot, but its AI handles all basic functions, as it's against rules to switch the Gundam Fighter. Unlike the Shining Gundam, the Shading Gundam doesn't have a Super Mode.
- Vulcan Gun
- The vulcans are mounted in the forehead. They are primarily used for close range defense or for thwarting movement.
- Beam Sword
- Two beam swords are stored on the left sideskirt. These are primarily used for slicing into opponents' Gundams or parrying other beam attacks.
- Machine Cannon
- The machine cannons are located on the main body. Which are primarily used for close range defense or for thwarting movement.
- Shading Finger
- The Shading Finger concentrates a large amount of energy into the Shading Gundam's hand. Shading Gundam then grabs the head of the opposing Gundam and crushes it, winning the match. Though the Shading Finger was powerful, it was only capable of doing damage at close range.
The Shading Gundam was sent to Earth by Karato, after Domon Kasshu ended four consecutive matches in draws. Considering his performance to be less than impressive, Karato planned to have Shading Gundam defeat Domon in combat and force him to become its "pilot" while Shading Gundam's AI did all the fighting by itself. Shading Gundam's AI projected an image of Kyoji Kasshu as its pilot to confuse Domon. However, it was no match for Shining Gundam's Super Mode, which was kept as a secret from Karato until then.
Notes & Trivia
- The Shading Gundam replaces the JMA27T Fantoma's role in the anime.
|Super-Class! Mobile Fighter G Gundam Original Mechanics|
GF13-006NAII Gundam Max Revolver | GF13-009NFII Gundam Versailles | GF13-011NCII Gundam Double Dragon | GF13-013NRII Gundam Bolt Crash
JMF1337SD Shading Gundam