After the Eternal learns Durandal's true motives, the ship is discovered by ZAFT forces and a battle ensues. Kira helps them with the Strike Rouge and reunites with Lacus. He then receives the new ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom from Lacus and disables the ZAFT units and ships chasing the Eternal with ease.
The ZAFT forces gains complete control of Heaven’s Gate. But Lord Djibril’s whereabouts is still unknown. Durandal orders the army to track him down. Meanwhile, the damaged Archangel was docked at Onogoro Island of Orb. While the crews are busy with the repairs, Kira feels powerless without Freedom Gundam. Murrue tells him to hang on and gently encourages him. Cagalli visits Athrun and they exchange words for the first time in a long time.
Meanwhile, upon Lacus’s orders, Da Costa is investigating the abandoned Mendel colony where there used to be the generic research laboratory. While all the data have been destroyed, he finds a scientific journal. Later, Lacus finds that it mentions of “Destiny Plan” and gasps. Suddenly, the alarm of the Eternal sets off. The ZAFT found the Eternal and Lacus decides to force its way through so she can deliver “a certain thing” and the journal to Kira and the others.
Hearing that the Eternal is in trouble, Kira hastily attaches a booster to Strike Rouge and heads into space. Lacus is saved in the nick of time and gives Kira his new power, Strike Freedom Gundam.
Notes & Trivia
HD Remaster Changes
- The Strike Rouge tossed the Beam Rilfe to Waltfeid's Gaia, while the original had the Gaia taking Strike Rouge's Beam Rifle after it's both arms were destroyed.
- Several scenes from the Special Edition release is added in this episode:
- Some newly animated scenes of Lacus.
- Newly animated scenes:
- Strike Rouge Ootori's launch sequence.
- The first half of the space combat sequence features new animation of Kira's Strike Rouge fighting against ZAFT's units.