LG-GAT-X105 Gale Strike
|Developed from||GAT-X105+AQM/E-X01 Aile Strike|
|Known Pilots||ND HE(NO DATA HIGH ERROR)|
|Head Height||18.01 meters59.088 ft |
|Max Weight||65.11 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Ultracompact energy battery|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only, in standard cockpit in chest|
The Gale Strike is a variant of GAT-X105 Strike developed by mysterious organization known as Librarian Works. It first appeared in photo series Mobile Suit Gundam SEED VS Astray. This unit is piloted by ND HE(NO DATA HIGH ERROR).
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Gale Strike is a strengthened and redesigned version of GAT-X105 Strike, and specialises in close combat. The shoulders now mounts the propulsion system of the Aile Striker, greatly improving the mobility of the MS and giving it powerful thrusts in foward and side to side movements. They also allows the MS to make irregular maneuvers that normal MS cannot do. Besides the two head mounted "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS guns and "Armor Schneider" combat knives, Gale Strike is also armed with a pair of large anti-ship swords which are also used as support wings to assist in aerial maneuvers. Gale Strike's frame and joints have also been strengthened to withstand increase force from air mobility. Like the other Librarian's MS and the original Strike, Gale Strike utilises the Striker Pack system and is most often seen using the Shield Striker. Shield Striker is a modified Aile Striker and mounts a shield on a mobile arm, allowing the Gale Strike to wield its weapons in both hands and still be able to use a shield. Additionally, the Gale Strike is compatible with Earth Alliance's striker packs.
- Mounted in the Gale Strike's head are two "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS guns. These light projectile weapons are used to intercept missiles and to destroy lightly armored vehicles.
- Beam Saber
- As the Shield Striker's basic structure is derived from that of the Aile Striker, it is equipped with two beam sabers, stored on racks mounted over the shoulders of the Gale Strike.
- Armor Schneider Combat Knife
- Stored in holsters mounted on the elbows, these are the same knives used by the GAT-X105 Strike Gundam.
- "Wing Saw" Anti Ship Swords
- Stored on Gale Strike's hip, these are serrated, anti-ship swords with anti-beam coating used for close combat. They also serve as stabilizer wings while the MS is in flight. Despite being classified as "Anti-Ship", these weapons are also equally effective against mobile suits and mobile armors
- The Wing Saws have a data-gathering functionality similar to the katana of the MBF-P05LM Astray Mirage Frame. If the blade is unable to cut through an object, this ability changes the frequency at which the saw blade vibrates, increasing its cutting power. This enables it to easily cut through even Phase Shift Armor
- 57mm Beam Rifle
- Like the Strike, it is equipped with a 57mm high-energy beam rifle.
- Shield striker
- The Shield Striker is basically a modified Aile Striker. The Aile Striker's wings are removed, as are its large thrusters, with its smaller thrusters' location adjusted, and the shield mounted on an articulated support arm on its top. The beam sabers are also slightly relocated, mounted vertically in the front instead of horizontally on the upper sides.
Gale Strike was first deployed alongside Replica Red Frame to battle Lowe Guele and his MBF-P02 Gundam Astray Red Frame. When it was Gale Strike's turn to battle Red Frame, MBF-P03R Gundam Astray Blue Frame 2nd Revise suddenly appears and ND HE was forced to retreat. Later, ND HE was dispatched by the Supreme Librarian to accompany Rondo Gina Sahaku and his MBF-P05LM2 Gundam Astray Mirage Frame 2nd Issue. During their journey to find Gai, Gina figures out that ND HE is a Carbon Human clone of Gai; ND HE was then attacked by Gina. Gale Strike was able to battle Astray Mirage Frame 2nd Issue to a draw before the fight was interrupted, first by Canard then by Gai. While Gina has his rematch with Gai, ND HE battles Canard. Although Gale Strike managed to land several blows on Dreadnought H, the latter brushed aside the attacks easily due to its nuclear engine. Sensing that he could not win the battle, ND HE surrenders and later guided Canard, Gai and Lowe to Librarian's base.
- The first publish art of Gale Strike (as seen above) has blue "mouth" plate but later change to typical gundam's white plate.
- The suit's name comes from a "gale force wind" as though the Gale Strike were tearing through enemy units.