The Gale Strike is a variant of GAT-X105 Strike Gundam developed by mysterious organization known as Librarian Works. It first appeared in photo series Mobile Suit Gundam SEED VS Astray, and is piloted by ND HE. The 'LG' in the suit's model code stands for 'Librarian Gale'.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Gale Strike is a strengthened and redesigned version of GAT-X105 Strike Gundam, and specializes in close combat. The shoulders now mounts the propulsion system of the Aile Striker, greatly improving the mobility of the MS and giving it powerful thrusts in forward and side to side movements. They also allows the MS to make irregular maneuvers that normal MS cannot do. Besides the two head mounted "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS guns and "Armor Schneider" combat knives, Gale Strike is also armed with a pair of large anti-ship swords which are also used as support wings to assist in aerial maneuvers. If required, the suit can use the same model of beam rifle as the original Strike as its ranged weapon. Gale Strike's frame and joints are strengthened to withstand increase force from air mobility, and like the other Librarian's MS and the original Strike, it can utilize the Striker Pack system. The suit is most often seen using the Shield Striker. Shield Striker is a modified Aile Striker, the wings and large thrusters are removed, while the smaller thrusters are repositioned and a shield is mounted on a mobile arm at the top.
- Mounted in the Gale Strike's head are two "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS guns. These light projectile weapons are used to intercept missiles and to destroy lightly armored vehicles.
- Armor Schneider Combat Knife
- Stored in holsters mounted on the elbows, these are the same knives used by the GAT-X105 Strike Gundam.
- "Wing Saw" Anti-Ship Swords
- Stored on Gale Strike's hip, these are serrated, anti-ship swords with anti-beam coating used for close combat. They also serve as stabilizer wings while the MS is in flight. Despite being classified as "Anti-Ship", these weapons are also equally effective against mobile suits and mobile armors.
- The Wing Saws have a data-gathering functionality similar to the katana of the MBF-P05LM Astray Mirage Frame. If the blade is unable to cut through an object, this ability changes the frequency at which the saw blade vibrates, increasing its cutting power. This enables it to easily cut through even Phase Shift Armor.
- 57mm High Energy Beam Rifle
- Like the original Strike, Gale Strike can optionally use a 57mm high-energy beam rifle. It also serve as the MS's main ranged weapon.
- Beam Saber
- Mounted on the Shield Striker, a pair of them are stored on racks over the shoulders of the Gale Strike.
- The same type of shield as used by Strike. As it is mounted on an articulated support arm at the top of the Shield Striker, it does not need to be handheld by the MS. This thus allows Gale strike to wield its weapons in both hands and still be able to use a shield.
- Hardpoints for Striker Packs
Gale Strike was first deployed alongside Replica Red Frame to battle Lowe Guele and his MBF-P02 Gundam Astray Red Frame. When it was Gale Strike's turn to battle Red Frame, MBF-P03R Gundam Astray Blue Frame 2nd Revise suddenly appears and ND HE was forced to retreat. Later, ND HE was dispatched by the Supreme Librarian to accompany Rondo Gina Sahaku and his MBF-P05LM2 Gundam Astray Mirage Frame 2nd Issue. During their journey to find Gai, Gina figures out that ND HE is a Carbon Human clone of Gai; ND HE was then attacked by Gina. Gale Strike was able to battle Astray Mirage Frame 2nd Issue to a draw before the fight was interrupted, first by Canard then by Gai. While Gina has his rematch with Gai, ND HE battles Canard. Although Gale Strike managed to land several blows on Dreadnought H, the latter brushed aside the attacks easily due to its nuclear engine. Sensing that he could not win the battle, ND HE surrenders and later guided Canard, Gai and Lowe to Librarian's base.
Notes & Trivia
- Although the suit's armor type was not stated in any official materials, it is likely to be Variable Phase Shift (VPS) armor as that is the latest version of Phase Shift armor. Furthermore, the Librarian Works had used VPS armor on MBF-P05LM Gundam Astray Mirage Frame.
- According to the official website, the suit's name is from how it can move in an irregular, high speed manner while slicing opponents, like a "gale" force wind sweeping through the battlefield.
- The first publish art of Gale Strike (as seen above) shows it with a blue "mouth" plate but it was later changed to a typical gundam's white plate.