LH-GAT-X103 Hail Buster Gundam
|Developed from||GAT-X103 Buster|
|Known Pilots||Finis Socius|
|Head Height||19.04 meters62.467 ft |
|Max Weight||84.9 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Ultracompact energy battery|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso|
Technology & Combat CharacteristicsEdit
A strengthened and redesigned version of GAT-X103 Buster, the Hail Buster Gundam closely resembles the original design, but also has anti-ship vulcan mount on each missile pod's cover plate. The sensors and fire-control system is greatly improved, which allows Hail Buster to rapidly and accurately fire its weapons on several targets at once. In order to maximize usage of the Hail Buster, the Striker Pack system is utilised, and the Gun Launcher and High-energy Rifle are mounted on Buster Striker pack. Furthermore, the Mirage Colloid stealth system is integrated into Hail Buster. This allows it to sneak up on enemies and bombard them without being noticed. It can also use the stealth system to collect data on the enemies before destroying them in a single attack.
- Gun launcher/High-energy rifle
- The main armament of the Hail Buster are a 350mm gun launcher and a 94mm high-energy rifle. Both weapons are mounted on the Buster Striker when not used but are otherwise hand-carried. Each weapon can be used independently but if necessary, they both can be combined to form two different long-range beam weapons: a Hyper Impulse Long-Range Sniper Rifle or an Anti-Armor Shotgun.
- Missile launchers
- Besides the two energy weapons and vulcan cannons, the Hail Buster is equipped with two 220mm 6-barrel missile pods, one in each shoulder, allowing the suit to fire a rain of missiles upon enemies.
- 120mm 3-barrel anti-ship vulcan cannons
- The missile pod covers on both launchers also incorporate two concealed 3-barrel anti-ship vulcan cannons, which fire a 120mm shell. Only when the missile covers are flipped open, are the rapid fire weapons revealed and used.
Deployed alongside MBF-05LM Gundam Astray Mirage Frame during Librarian's attack on Ame-no-Mihashira but its attack was blocked by Gundam Astray Gold Frame Amatsu Mina Custom . It also assisted MBF-05LM Gundam Astray Mirage Frame in its fight against MBF-P03R Gundam Astray Blue Frame 2nd Revise and help it to escape after it lost . Later, it was deployed by Librarian Works in an attack against a colony . After the collapse of Librarian Works, the whereabouts of this MS is unknown.
The first published art of the Hail Buster had a yellow on blue color scheme similar to GAT-X131 Calamity. When its profile was released though, the colors scheme has been switched to red on black paint scheme similar to that of the GAT-X207 Blitz.