The Hail Buster is a variant of GAT-X103 Buster Gundam developed by the mysterious organization known as Librarian Works. First appeared in photo series Mobile Suit Gundam SEED VS Astray, it is piloted by Finis Socius. The 'LH' in the suit's model code stands for 'Librarian Hail'.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
A strengthened and redesigned version of GAT-X103 Buster Gundam, the Hail Buster Gundam closely resembles the original, but also has anti-ship vulcan mounted on each missile pod's cover plate to increase its firepower and close combat capability. The sensors and fire-control system is greatly improved, which allows Hail Buster to accurately and precisely fire its weapons on several targets at once. In order to maximize usage of the Hail Buster, the Striker Pack system is utilized, and the Gun Launcher and High-energy Rifle are mounted on Buster Striker pack. Furthermore, the Mirage Colloid stealth system is integrated into Hail Buster. This allows it to sneak up on enemies and bombard them without being noticed. It can also use the stealth system to collect data on the enemies before destroying them in a single attack.
- Missile Pods
- Two 220mm 6-tube missile pods are mounted on the shoulders, allowing the suit to fire a rain of missiles upon enemies.
- 120mm 3-barrel anti-ship vulcan cannons
- A pair of rapid fire cannons mounted in the missile pod covers, and as such, the covers have to be flipped up when using the weapon. Despite being classified as anti-ship weapons, they can also be used to destroy enemy units or to restrict their movements when in close combat.
- Gun launcher/High-energy rifle
- Mounted on the Buster Striker and hand-carried when in use. They are similar to those on the Buster Gundam, but it is unknown if they can be combined.
- Hardpoints for Striker Packs
Deployed alongside MBF-05LM Gundam Astray Mirage Frame during Librarian's attack on Ame-no-Mihashira but its attack was blocked by Gundam Astray Gold Frame Amatsu Mina Custom. It also assisted MBF-05LM Gundam Astray Mirage Frame in its fight against MBF-P03R Gundam Astray Blue Frame 2nd Revise and help it to escape after it lost. Later, it was deployed by Librarian Works in an attack against a colony. After the collapse of Librarian Works, the whereabouts of this MS is unknown.
Notes & Trivia
- Although the suit's armor type was not stated in any official materials, it is likely to be Variable Phase Shift (VPS) armor as that is the latest version of Phase Shift armor. Furthermore, the Librarian Works had used VPS armor on MBF-P05LM Gundam Astray Mirage Frame.
- According to the official website, the 'Hail' in the suit's name refers to hailstones and represent how it can fire numerous bullets at its enemy.
- The first published art of the Hail Buster had a yellow on blue color scheme similar to GAT-X131 Calamity Gundam. When its profile was released though, the colors scheme has been switched to red on black paint scheme similar to that of the GAT-X207 Blitz Gundam.