Technology & Combat Characteristics
In many ways the design concept of the LM111E02 Gun EZ could be considered a descendant of the GM series of mobile suits. Its design is simple and easy to use, and is also easy to produce and repair. Like the GM, its development is based around that of a Gundam, though it lacks the complicated and costly systems incorporated into Gundam designs like the Core Block System. It only incorporates a basic set of general purpose weapons such as a pair of Vulcan guns, a beam saber stored in the right shoulder, and a pair of multi-launchers mounted in the left shoulder. The suit can also use various hand weapons such as a beam rifle or a beam bazooka for offense, and a beam shield mounted on either arm for defense.
The Gun EZ could increase the number of weapons or other equipment it could carry thanks to a pair of hardpoints on the legs. Despite its appearance, the Gun EZ was built with a powerful set of thrusters that allowed it at least limited flight. Though it could not achieve the same altitude, speed, or distance as a mobile suit dedicated to flight, the Gun EZ's mobility is more than a match for the beam rotor equipped Zanscare Empire mobile suits.
- Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of the mobile suits descended from the Earth Federation Forces's RX series is a pair of head mounted 60mm vulcan guns. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, attack vehicles, etc.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. It is capable of cutting through any metal not treated with anti-beam coating. The Gun EZ has a beam saber stored in the right shoulder storage rack.
- 2-tube Multi-Launcher
- The left shoulder of the Gun EZ is equipped with a 2-tube multi-launcher. The multi-launcher can be loaded with multiple types of missiles to adapt to mission requirements.
- Beam Rifle
- A standard hand carried ranged beam weapon is the beam rifle. Capable of firing concentrated mega particles, attacks from a beam rifle can damage any ordinary armor that has not been specially treated to resist it.
- Beam Bazooka
- A beam bazooka utilizes the same technology as a beam rifle, just on a larger scale. Because it produces a larger beam beam bazooka's deal more damage overall than a beam rifle.
- Beam Shield
- Unlike an I-field generator, which is effective only against beam attacks, the beam shield blocks both beam and projectile weapons. The beam shield generates a plane of energy similar to the blade of a beam saber. This plane is divided into multiple sections, which can be turned on or off as needed to conserve energy. Individual sections are also automatically deactivated whenever they're in danger of coming into contact with the mobile suit itself. The beam shields used by the Gun EZ are optional equipment that can be mounted on either arm.
Special Equipment & Features
- An attachment point for weapons, shields, spare ammunition, or optional mission-specific equipment. Hardpoints can also be used to store carried weapons when a mobile suit needs its manipulators free for other purposes.
Developed simultaneously in conjunction with the LM312V04 Victory Gundam, the LM111E02 Gun-EZ was the mass-produced equivalent of its Victory Project counterpart. Whereas the Victory Gundam was intended to serve as a symbol of the League Militaire spirit, the Gun-EZ was designed to serve as the backbone of their forces. Though lacking the complicated and costly transformation and modular docking systems of the Victory Gundam, the Gun-EZ was quite similar in style in armament. With the stagnation of the Earth Federation at the outbreak of the Zanscare War in UC 0153, the League Militaire's Gun-EZ was a far superior mass-production front-line unit than any (outdated) MS being fielded by the Earth Federation Forces at the time.
As the war progressed and the League Militaire was able to expand its operations out into space, it became necessary to obtain a mobile suit that had optimum performance in space. For this purpose many LM111E02 Gun-EZ mobile suits were modified and upgraded into LM111E03 Gunblaster mobile suits.
- LM111E02 Gun-EZ Improved Type
- LM111E02 Gun-EZ Land Use Type
- LM111E02 Gun-EZ Late Production Type
- LM111E03 Gunblaster
Notes and Trivia