Technology & Combat Characteristics
The LM312V04+SD-VB03A V-Dash Gundam is a variant of the LM312V04 Victory Gundam that has been combined with the SD-VB03A Overhang pack. The new equipment modifies the Core Fighter, giving it more powerful thrusters and additional verniers to offset the weight. In mobile suit mode, the equipment is mounted like a backpack and provides a pair of high-power beam cannons that are positioned over the shoulders, while still maintaining fully functional thrusters and verniers so that the mobile suit does not lose any speed or mobility. Additionally, the new equipment improves the overall performance of the reactor by 190 kW, raising the total output to 4970 kW. Finally the Overhang pack increases the Gundam's total hardpoints from ten to twelve, meaning that it can now carry two additional pieces of equipment. With the powerful Overhang cannons added to its arsenal, the V-Dash Gundam can efficiently perform the role of a fire-support unit while maintaining the baseline Victory Gundam's superb close combat abilities, making the V-Dash Gundam an overall superior combat unit.
- Vulcan Gun
- Mounted in the head, these shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters.
- Beam Javelin
- A triple beam saber with long pole handle. The pole handle can be fold and stored on external hardpoints.
- Beam Rifle
- A standard hand carried ranged beam weapon is the beam rifle. Capable of firing concentrated mega particles, attacks from a beam rifle can damage any ordinary armor that has not been specially treated to resist it. One of the more effective methods of blocking a beam rifle is to use a beam shield.
- Beam Pistol
- The beam pistol is the core unit of the V-Dash's beam rifle. When required, parts of the beam rifle can be ejected to reveal the beam pistol.
- Beam Saber
- The Beam Saber emits high-energy Minovsky particles to form a blade-shaped I-field (via manipulation of electromagnetic fields), and then fills this I-field shell with superheated Minovsky particle plasma to produce an effective cutting blade. The termination of the I-field along a solid contact surface allows the plasma to eat away at the offending material until the I-field reestablishes itself, allowing the weapon to "cut" through almost any target. The V-Dash Gundam is equipped with two beam sabers stored in forearm recharge racks when not in use while an addition two spares are also carried, giving a total of four sabers in the event of close quarters combat.
- Beam Shield
- A protective device that uses beam technology for defensive purposes. Unlike an I-field generator, which is effective only against beam attacks, the beam shield blocks both beam and projectile weapons. The beam shield generates a plane of energy similar to the blade of a beam saber. This plane is divided into multiple sections, which can be turned on or off as needed to conserve energy. Individual sections are also automatically deactivated whenever they're in danger of coming into contact with the mobile suit itself.
- Beam Smart Gun
- Also known as the Mega Beam Rifle, it is a high output beam cannon with an open mega particle compression-accelerator device. Originally created for another mobile suit, the weapon was found by chance in an abandoned hanger located in the Highland solar power satellite. Although designed thirty years ago during the Cosmo Babylonia wars era, it still possesses practical performance in the U.C. 0150s. It is later put into mass-production and referred to as the "laundry-drying pole."
- Overhang Beam Cannon
- The main weapon of the Overhang Pack is a pair of beam cannons, mounted on the backpack of the Gundam and swing over the shoulders when in use. They possess much higher output than the common beam rifle and thus can deal heavier damage.
- Vulcan Cannon
- The vulcan cannon is a large hand-held shell-firing weapon. The ammunition is stored in a large drum and is chemically propelled at high speed down the revolving five-barrel barrel.
Special Equipment & Features
- Core Booster
- An attachment point for weapons, shields, spare ammunition, or optional mission-specific equipment. Hardpoints can also be used to store carried weapons when a mobile suit needs its manipulators free for other purposes. The LM312V04+SD-VB03A V-Dash Gundam is equipped with twelve hardpoints, 4 located on arms in mobile suit mode and on main body of Top Fighter, 2 located on hip armor in mobile suit mode and on main body of Top Fighter, 2 located on the legs in mobile suit mode and on main body of Bottom Fighter, and 4 located on Overhang Pack in mobile suit mode and on main body of Core Fighter/Overhang Pack
- Minovsky Flight System
- The Minovsky Flight System is a mobile suit sized propulsion system developed from the Minovsky Craft System. Powered purely by the mobile suit's reactor, the flight system allows a mobile suit to hover in mid-air, essentially ignoring the effects of gravity to a degree. This allows the mobile suit to maintain greater fuel efficiency as all fuel is directed to maneuvering.
During the Earth Federation's war with the Zanscare Empire, the League Militaire became a dominant force in the fight against the space-born empire. They became a symbol of freedom and justice thanks to their mass-produced LM312V04 Victory Gundam, which was a powerful mobile suit based on the legendary Gundam from the One Year War. However, despite being a versatile mobile suit with exceptional melee combat abilities, the Victory Gundam's abilities were determined to not be enough against the numerically superior Ballistic Equipment and Space Patrol Armory forces that were continually rolling out new models of mobile suits.
To overcome the Victory Gundam's area of weakness, and to improve overall performance, the SD-VB03A Overhang pack was developed. With the additional equipment, the Victory Gundam became the V-Dash Gundam which was overall more powerful and versatile. With its capabilities, the V-Dash Gundam was a highly popular unit.
- LM312V06+SD-VB03A V-Dash Gundam Hexa
- LM312V04IKO+SD-VB03A Green V-Dash Gundam
- A green-colored Gunpla variant built and pilot by Iko Narumi in Gundam Build Fighters Honoo.
- LM312V04+SD-VB03A V-Dash Gundam on V-Gundam.net (Japanese)
- LM312V04+SD-VB03A V-Dash Gundam on MAHQ.net