Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Victory Gundam Hexa is the Victory Gundam with a a new model of Core Fighter that features a slightly modified mobile suit head for use by squadron leaders, thus its overall combat abilities are identical. Aside from the fact that the "rabbit ears" give the Hexa a distinctive appearance, the new unit features a more advanced sensor and communication system. With the improved equipment, the pilot of the Hexa would have superior intelligence on battlefield conditions as well as be more capable of piercing electronic countermeasures and maintain contact with comrades.
- Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of the mobile suits descended from the Earth Federation Forces's RX series is a pair of head mounted 60mm vulcan guns. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, attack vehicles, etc.
- Beam Saber
- The Beam Saber emits high-energy Minovsky particles to form a blade-shaped I-field (via manipulation of electromagnetic fields), and then fills this I-field shell with superheated Minovsky particle plasma to produce an effective cutting blade. The termination of the I-field along a solid contact surface allows the plasma to eat away at the offending material until the I-field reestablishes itself, allowing the weapon to "cut" through almost any target. The Victory Gundam Hexa has four beam sabers stored in forearm storage racks.
- Beam Shield
- Unlike an I-field generator, which is effective only against beam attacks, the beam shield blocks both beam and projectile weapons. The beam shield generates a plane of energy similar to the blade of a beam saber. This plane is divided into multiple sections, which can be turned on or off as needed to conserve energy. Individual sections are also automatically deactivated whenever they're in danger of coming into contact with the mobile suit itself. The Victory Gundam Hexa has two beam shields, one mounted on each forearm. The beam shields are also operable when the Top Fighter is operating independently.
- Beam Rifle
- A standard hand carried ranged beam weapon is the beam rifle, which fires concentrated mega particles that can damage any ordinary armor not specially treated to resist it.
- Beam Pistol
- The beam pistol is the core unit of the Victory Gundam Hexa's beam rifle. When required, parts of the beam rifle can be ejected to reveal the beam pistol.
- Vulcan Cannon
- The vulcan cannon is a large hand-held shell-firing weapon. The ammunition is stored in a large drum and is chemically propelled at high speed down the revolving five-barrel barrel.
- Variable-Speed Beam Rifle
- A pair of Variable-Speed Beam Rifles (VSBRs) can be optionally mounted on the hardpoints on the suit's side armor and powered by the suit's reactor. They can fire either low-speed beams with high destructive power, or high-speed beams with high penetrating power, sufficient to destroy two MS with one shot or pierce a beam shield.
Special Equipment & Features
- Hardpoints are attachment points for carrying any compatible weapons or equipment externally, and are standard equipment for all League Militaire mobile suits. The Victory Gundam Hexa is equipped with eight hardpoints, 4 located on arms in mobile suit mode and on main body of Top Fighter, 2 located on side armor in mobile suit mode and on main body of Top Fighter, 2 located on the legs in mobile suit mode and on main body of Bottom Fighter.
- Minovsky Flight System
- The Minovsky Flight System is a mobile suit sized propulsion system developed from the Minovsky Craft System. Powered purely by the mobile suit's reactor, the flight system allows a mobile suit to hover in mid-air, essentially ignore the effects of gravity to a degree. This allows the mobile suit to maintain greater fuel efficiency as all fuel is directed to maneuvering.
During the war against the Zanscare Empire in UC 0153, the League Militaire fielded the mass-produced LM312V04 Victory Gundam. Eventually a new commander use model was put into limited production, the LM312V06 Victory Gundam Hexa. The Victory Gundam Hexa would be used throughout the war until it was upgraded with the SD-VB03A Overhang Pack to produce the LM312V06+SD-VB03A V-Dash Gundam Hexa.
Notes and Trivia