Technology & Combat Characteristics
It was designed specifically for squadron leaders so they could be easily identified in the battlefield by the notable head component.
Because the Victory Gundam Hexa uses the same Top Fighter and Bottom Fighter as the base Victory Gundam, the overall combat abilities are identical. What separates the Victory Gundam Hexa is a new model of Core Fighter that features a slightly modified mobile suit head. Aside from the fact that the "rabbit ears" give the Hexa a distinctive appearance from the base unit, the new unit features a more advanced sensor and communication system. With the improved equipment the pilot of the Hexa would have superior intelligence on battlefield conditions as well as be more capable of piercing electronic countermeasures and maintain contact with comrades.
- Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of the mobile suits that are descended from the Earth Federation Forces's RX series is a pair of head mounted 60mm vulcan guns. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters.
- Beam Saber
- The Beam Saber emits high-energy Minovsky particles to form a blade-shaped I-field (via manipulation of electromagnetic fields), and then fills this I-field shell with superheated Minovsky particle plasma to produce an effective cutting blade. The termination of the I-field along a solid contact surface allows the plasma to eat away at the offending material until the I-field reestablishes itself, allowing the weapon to "cut" through almost any target.
- The LM312V06 Victory Gundam Hexa is equipped with four beam sabers stored in forearm recharge racks when not in use.
- Beam Shield
- A new protective device used by the mobile suits of the U.C. 0120 era. Thanks to their increased generator output, the scaled-down mobile suits of this era are able to use beam technology for defensive purposes. Unlike an I-field generator, which is effective only against beam attacks, the beam shield blocks both beam and projectile weapons. The beam shield generates a plane of energy similar to the blade of a beam saber. This plane is divided into multiple sections, which can be turned on or off as needed to conserve energy. Individual sections are also automatically deactivated whenever they're in danger of coming into contact with the mobile suit itself.
- The LM312V06 Victory Gundam Hexa is equipped with two beam shields, one stored in each forearm when not in use. The beam shields are also operable when the Top Fighter is operating independently.
- Beam Rifle
- A standard hand carried ranged beam weapon is the beam rifle. Capable of firing concentrated mega particles, attacks from a beam rifle can damage any ordinary armor that has not been specially treated to resist it. One of the more effective methods of blocking a beam rifle is to use a beam shield.
- Beam Pistol
- The beam pistol is the core unit of the Victory Gundam Hexa's beam rifle. When required, parts of the beam rifle can be ejected to reveal the beam pistol.
- Vulcan Cannon
- The vulcan cannon is a large hand-held shell-firing weapon. The ammunition is stored in a large drum and is chemically propelled at high speed down the revolving five-barrel barrel.
- Variable-Speed Beam Rifle
- The Variable-Speed Beam Rifle (VSBR) is mounted on the League Militare Gundam's hips and powered directly by the suit's reactor. The pilot could adjust the speed at which the mega particles used in the beam fire were accelerated. Slower-speed particles produced a wider beam that delivered more raw damage, and higher-speed particles create a more tightly focused, penetrating beam. Thus, the pilot could choose to deliver beam damage on a wider area or focused, high-speed shots to penetrate thick armor or even beam shields
Special Equipment & Features
- Hardpoints are multi-purpose storage racks designed to externally store any weapons or equipment that has been designed to be carried by a hardpoint. Hardpoints are standard equipment for all League Militaire mobile suits. The LM312V06 Victory Gundam Hexa is equipped with eight hardpoints, 4 located on arms in mobile suit mode and on main body of Top Fighter, 2 located on hip armor in mobile suit mode and on main body of Top Fighter, 2 located on the legs in mobile suit mode and on main body of Bottom Fighter.
- Minovsky Flight System
- The Minovsky Flight System is a mobile suit sized propulsion system developed from the Minovsky Craft System. Powered purely by the mobile suit's reactor, the flight system allows a mobile suit to hover in mid-air, essentially ignore the effects of gravity to a degree. This allows the mobile suit to maintain greater fuel efficiency as all fuel is directed to maneuvering.
During the war against the Zanscare Empire in UC 0153, the League Militaire fielded the mass-produced LM312V04 Victory Gundam. Eventually a new commander use model was put into limited production, the LM312V06 Victory Gundam Hexa. The Victory Gundam Hexa would be used throughout the war until it was upgraded with the SD-VB03A Overhang Pack to produce the LM312V06+SD-VB03A V-Dash Gundam Hexa.
By the end of the war all LM312V06 Victory Gundam Hexa and LM312V06+SD-VB03A V-Dash Gundam Hexa units were destroyed in combat.
Notes and Trivia