Technology & Combat Characteristics
Besides the standard armament of the Victory 2 Gundam (vulcan guns, beam sabers, beam shields, hardpoints and multi-launcher), the Assault-Buster configuration adds most weapons of the two armament sets to the weaponry of the V2. This new weaponry includes the large mega beam cannon and the beam spray pod of the Buster configuration, and the two VSBRs, I-field generators, mega beam rifle, mega beam shield and armor plates of the Assault configuration.
- Head Vulcan Gun
- Mounted on the head, the pair of Vulcan Guns are shell firing weapons with a high-rate of fire but little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The weapons are ideal for mid-close range defensive use, shooting down small, fast moving targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and helicopters.
- Beam Saber
- The beam sabers are powerful melee weapons that emit a blade of plasma contained by an I-field. The V2 Assault-Buster Gundam stores two beam sabers in recharge racks located in each forearms, for a total of four beam sabers.
- Beam Rifle
- A standard hand carried ranged beam weapon. Capable of firing concentrated mega particles. attacks from a beam rifle can damage any ordinary armor that has not been specially treated to resist it.
- Mounted below the barrel of the Victory 2 Assault-Buster's beam rifle, it is capable of loading and firing a variety of physical projectile.
- Mega Beam Cannon
- A long range beam cannon mounted on the back. Its attack range and firepower are comparable to the Gryps War-era's Mega Bazooka Launcher and Hyper Mega Launcher. The weapon is most useful during anti-fleet operations.
- Spray Beam Pod
- Mounted on the back, it supports the Mega Beam Cannon and is a close-mid range defensive equipment. It also serves a counterweight to the Mega Beam Cannon as well as being the latter's energy capacitor.
- The Variable-Speed Beam Rifle (VSBR) is mounted on the suit's hips and powered directly by the suit's reactor. The pilot can adjust the speed at which the mega particles in the beam fire are accelerated. Slower-speed particles produced a wider beam that delivered more raw damage, and higher-speed particles create a more tightly focused, penetrating beam. Thus, the pilot could choose to deliver beam damage on a wider area or focused, high-speed shots to penetrate thick armor or even beam shields.
- Beam Shield
- The V2 Gundam is equipped with two beam shields, mounted on the forearms. Unlike an I-field, which is effective only against beam attacks, the beam shield blocks both beam and projectile weapons. The beam shield generates a plane of energy similar to the blade of a beam saber. This plane is divided into multiple sections, which can be turned on or off as needed to conserve energy. Individual sections are also automatically deactivated whenever they're in danger of coming into contact with the mobile suit itself.
- Mega Beam Rifle
- A high output beam cannon with an open mega particle compression-accelerator device. It is an enhanced, lighter version of the LM312V04+SD-VB03A V-Dash Gundam's Beam Smart Gun.
- Mega Beam Shield
- A shield that mounts 3 barrier bits which can be deployed to produce an extremely large beam shield. The bits' positions can be changed freely to defend against enemies' attacks.
Special Equipment & Features
- Core Block System
- Custom Targeting Sensor
- The Victory 2 Gundam is outfitted with a unique targeting sensor stored in the head that slides over the left eye when in use for highly detailed and precise targeting.
- Hardpoints are multi-purpose storage racks designed to externally store any weapons or equipment that has been designed to be carried by a hardpoint. The Victory 2 Gundam is equipped with eight hardpoints: Two on each of the V2's arms, two on the hip armor, and two more on each of the legs.
- I-field Barrier Generator
To cope with different combat situations, the Victory 2 Gundam is able to be outfitted with two different sets of armaments. These armaments can also be combined into the powerful Assault-Buster configuration, giving the V2 increased offensive and defensive capabilities. However, it increases its overall mass considerably.
Notes and Trivia
- In V Gundam's intro movie in Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Full Boost, V2 Assault-Buster is shown shooting all of its beam weapons in a similar fashion to ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam's Hi-MAT Full Burst.