Technology & Combat Characteristics
Besides the standard armament of the Victory 2 Gundam, the Buster configuration grants the Gundam several heavy weapons. This new weaponry includes a large mega beam cannon, a beam spray pod (both weapons mounted over the shoulders of the suit) and six micro-missile launcher pods, which can be used to attack multiple targets at once.
- Beam Rifle
- A standard hand carried ranged beam weapon is the beam rifle, which fires concentrated mega particles that can damage any ordinary armor not specially treated to resist it.
- Beam Pistol
- The beam pistol is the core unit of the Victory 2 Buster's beam rifle. When required, parts of the beam rifle can be ejected to reveal the beam pistol.
- Mounted below the barrel of the Victory 2 Buster's beam rifle, it can load and fire various physical projectile.
- Grenade Launcher
- A grenade launcher can be mounted below the Victory 2 Buster's beam rifle's barrel in place of the Multi-Launcher.
- Beam Saber
- The Victory 2 Buster Gundam is equipped with four beam sabers stored in the forearms when not in use.
- Beam Shield
- The Victory 2 Buster Gundam is equipped with two beam shields, one mounted in each forearm. The beam shields are also operable when the Top Fighter is operating independently.
- Head Vulcan
- A standard armament of the mobile suits descended from the Earth Federation Forces's RX series is a pair of head mounted 60mm vulcan guns. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit. Although, they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. They are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, attack vehicles, etc.
- Mega Beam Cannon
- A long range beam cannon mounted on the back. Its attack range and firepower is comparable to the Gryps war-era's mega bazooka launcher and hyper mega launcher. Useful in anti-fleet battle.
- Spray Beam Pod
- Mounted on the back, it supports the Mega Beam Cannon and is a close-mid range defensive equipment. It also serves a counterweight to the Mega Beam Cannon as well as being the latter's energy capacitor.
- Micro-Missile Pod
- The Victory 2 Buster Gundam is equipped with 6 micro-missile pods, 2 attached to the hardpoints on the legs and 1 attached to each front skirt and rear skirt armor.
Special Equipment & Features
- Custom Targeting Sensor
- Hardpoints are attachment points for carrying any compatible weapons or equipment externally, and are standard equipment for all League Militaire mobile suits. The Victory 2 Buster Gundam is equipped with 10 hardpoints, 4 on the arms in mobile suit mode and on main body of Top Fighter, 2 on the side armor in mobile suit mode and on main body of Top Fighter, and 4 on the legs in mobile suit mode and on main body of Bottom Fighter.
To cope with different combat situations, the Victory 2 Gundam is able to be outfitted with two different sets of armament. One of these armament sets is the Buster configuration, which is used for heavy battles.
Notes and Trivia