Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Besides the standard armament of the Victory 2 Gundam (vulcan guns, beam sabers, beam shields, hardpoints and multi-launcher), the Assault configuration grants the Gundam several additional weapons. This new weaponry includes a set of two VSBRs (Variable Speed Beam Rifle), a mega beam rifle which replaces the standard beam rifle, two I-field beam-deflecting barrier generator and a mega beam shield. Additional gold-colored, anti-beam coated armor plates are mounted over the body of the suit, granting it additional defense.
- Beam Rifle
- A standard hand carried ranged beam weapon is the beam rifle. Capable of firing concentrated mega particles, attacks from a beam rifle can damage any ordinary armor that has not been specially treated to resist it. One of the more effective methods of blocking a beam rifle is to use a beam shield.
- Beam Pistol
- The beam pistol is the core unit of the Victory 2 Assault's beam rifle. When required, parts of the beam rifle can be ejected to reveal the beam pistol.
- Mounted below the barrel of the Victory 2 Assault's beam rifle, it can be load and fire various physical projectile.
- Grenade Launcher
- A grenade launcher can be mounted below the Victory 2 Assault's beam rifle's barrel in place of the Multi-Launcher.
- Beam Saber
- The beam sabers are powerful weapons that emit a blade of plasma contained by an I-field that can cut through any physical armor. The only way to fully defend against a beam saber is to block it with another beam saber or a beam shield. Because of the I-field a beam saber can be used to block an attack from a beam rifle, but this is a technique that requires considerable skill, and can only block an attack of so much power. The V2 Assault Gundam stores two beam sabers in recharge racks located in the forearms, for a total of four beam sabers.
- Beam Shield
- The LM314V24 V2 Assault Gundam is equipped with two beam shields, mounted on the forearms. Unlike an I-field generator, which is effective only against beam attacks, the beam shield blocks both beam and projectile weapons. The beam shield generates a plane of energy similar to the blade of a beam saber. This plane is divided into multiple sections, which can be turned on or off as needed to conserve energy. Individual sections are also automatically deactivated whenever they're in danger of coming into contact with the mobile suit itself.
- Head Vulcan
- A standard mobile suit armament, these shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters.
- Mega Beam Rifle
- A high output beam cannon with an open mega particle compression-accelerator device. It is an enhanced, lighter version of the LM312V04+SD-VB03A V-Dash Gundam's Beam Smart Gun.
- Mega Beam Shield
- A shield that mounts 3 barrier bits which can be deployed to produce an extremely large beam shield. The bits' positions can be changed freely to defend against enemies' attacks
- Rather than being a hand-carried weapon powered by an energy cap or e-pac, the Variable-Speed Beam Rifle (VSBR) is mounted on the V2 Assault Gundam's hips and powered directly by the suit's reactor. The pilot could adjust the speed at which the mega particles used in the beam fire were accelerated. Slower-speed particles produced a wider beam that delivered more raw damage, and higher-speed particles create a more tightly focused, penetrating beam. Thus, the pilot could choose to deliver beam damage on a wider area or focused, high-speed shots to penetrate thick armor or even beam shields.
Special Equipment & Features
- Custom Targeting Sensor
- The LM314V23 Victory 2 Assault Gundam is outfitted with a unique targeting sensor stored in the mobile suit's helmet that slides over the left eye when in use for highly detailed and precise targeting.
- Hardpoints are multi-purpose storage racks designed to externally store any weapons or equipment that has been designed to be carried by a hardpoint. The LM314V21 Victory 2 Gundam is equipped with eight hardpoints: Two are located on each of the V2's arms, two on the hip armor, and two more are located on each of the mobile suit's legs.
- I-field Barrier Generator
To cope with different combat situations, the Victory 2 Gundam is able to be outfitted with two different sets of armament. One of these armament sets is the Assault configuration, which increases both its offense and defense capabilities.