The LN-GAT-X207 Nebula Blitz is a variant of the GAT-X207 Blitz Gundam developed by the mysterious organization known as Librarian Works. The unit first appeared in the photo series Mobile Suit Gundam SEED VS Astray, and is piloted by Lily Thevalley. The LN in the suit's model code stands for "Librarian Nebula".
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Another mobile suit developed by Librarian, Nebula Blitz is an improved version of GAT-X207 Blitz Gundam and is compatible with Librarian Striker Packs. The Nebula Blitz is armed with the Blitz's "Trikeros" offensive shield system and piercer lock "Gleipnir" on its right and left arm respectively. It also mounts "Maga no Ikutachi" Striker on its back, which is equipped with the energy absorption claws and harpoons, and are the same weapons as those used by MBF-P01-Re2AMATU Astray Gold Frame Amatsu Mina Custom. An additional set of lancer darts and "Tsumuha no Tachi" claws are stored on the hips and serve as an alternative to the "Trikeros".
Nebula Blitz's head is slightly redesigned and features improved sensors and heat exhaustion. The Mirage Colloid stealth system is utilized to perform a trick known as Mirage Colloid Teleport which can only be done by the Carbon Human, Lily Thevalley. In reality, there are several Nebula Blitz units, all piloted by Lily clones. The true nature of teleportation is that the engaging Nebula Blitz simply cloaks itself while another Nebula Blitz uncloaks and attacks. This trick however has a restriction in that it cannot be used when an uncloaked Nebula Blitz is surrounded. To use this technique effectively, the Lily clones are assisted by a quantum communication ability (developed from the DRAGOON system) that allows them to be aware of each other's location to coordinate their attack. As Librarian Works has 20 Lily clones, they also have the same number of Nebula Blitz. 11 Nebula Blitz was destroyed/damaged while the whereabouts of the remaining units were unknown. The red color scheme is a reference to Gud Vair's symbolic color and is personally requested by its pilot, Lily Thevalley.
- Piercer Lock "Gleipnir"
- The left forearm of the Nebula Blitz mounts the piercer lock "Gleipnir", a rocket-propelled grappling claw which can be fired to pierce or grip an enemy unit and then retrieved on a line.
- "Trikeros" Offensive Shield System
- Mounted on the right arm of the suit, the "Trikeros" offensive shield system is the main weapon of the Nebula Blitz and includes several features. For ranged weapon, the system mounts a 50mm high-energy beam rifle as well as three lancer darts that can be fired or handheld for close combat. The main weapon used in close combat is a single beam saber which is mounted on the "Trikeros". Lastly, the system can also used as a shield and is anti-beam coated.
- "Maga no Ikutachi" Energy Absorption Claws
- One of the most unique weapons of the Nebula Blitz are its two "Maga no Ikutachi" energy absorption claws, which are mounted on the striker pack that bears its name. This claws can drain energy from the batteries of enemy mobile suits, weakening them while at the same time recharging the unit's own battery.
- "Magashira no Hoko" Harpoons
- Mounted on the "Maga no Ikutachi" striker pack, they are a pair of harpoons equipped with Phase Shift technology and thus can penetrate virtually any armor, then be retracted by tether lines.
- "Tsumuha no Tachi" Triple Claw
- A backup weapon that can be used for melee combat, it is stored on the left hip and can be mounted on the right forearm to replace the "Trikeros".
- "Lancer Dart" Hypervelocity Kinetic Energy Penetrator
- A set of 3 additional lancer darts are stored on the right hip and similar to the "Tsumuha no Tachi", it serves as an alternate weapon for the "Trikeros".
- Hardpoints for Striker Packs
Lily Thevalley is a Carbon human specially assigned to the Supreme Librarian and given a unique mecha, the Nebula Blitz. Un No attempts to fight her to test her strength but unknown to him, he is actually up against a team of clones. In the blink of an eye, the Lily clones in their Nebula Blitz crushes Un No who had attacked with a Katana-equipped ZGMF-1017M2 GINN High Maneuver Type II. Nebula Blitz's first true battle however is with Lowe Guele's MBF-P02 Astray Red Frame. Although the Lily clones defeated Lowe, they did not kill him as that was the order by the Supreme Librarian.
Later, a team of 6 Nebula Blitz was dispatched to stop the Carbon Human clone of Rondo Gina Sahaku, who had launched in his Mirage Frame 2nd Issue against orders. However, the strengthened Gina managed to figure out the Mirage Colloid Teleport trick and together with his powerful MS, he totally destroyed the Nebula Blitz team. At around the same time, 5 Nebula Blitz was sent to attack Lowe. Just like Gina, Lowe figured out the Mirage Colloid Teleport trick and using his MBF-P02Kai Astray Red Frame Kai, he managed to damage a Nebula Blitz and forced the others to retreat. Lowe then rescues the injured Lily clone. The remaining 4 Lily clones later returned but were defeated by the rescued Lily clone in Astray Gold Frame Amatsu Mina Custom, Elijah in his Vent Saviour and Lowe in his MBF-P02Kai Astray Red Frame Kai.
Notes & Trivia
- Although the suit's armor type was not stated in any official materials, it is likely to be Variable Phase Shift (VPS) armor as that is the latest version of Phase Shift armor. Furthermore, the Librarian Works had used VPS armor on MBF-P05LM Gundam Astray Mirage Frame.
- The Red color scheme of the Nebula Blitz could be a nod to Ple Two's mobile suit, the AMX-004 Qubeley Mk-II.
- The Nebula Blitz is the second mass-produced Gundam in the Cosmic Era Timeline, after the GFAS-X1 Destroy Gundam.
- Also, Nebula Blitz's mass production could be a reference to the AMX-004G Qubeley Mass Production Type. Both MS are also piloted by clones.