The LN-ZGMF-X13A Nix Providence Gundam is a variant of ZGMF-X13A Providence Gundam developed by the mysterious organization known as Librarian Works. The unit first appears in the photo series Mobile Suit Gundam SEED VS Astray. It is piloted by the clone of Prayer Reverie. The 'LN' in the suit's model code stands for 'Librarian Nix'.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Similar to other mobile suits utilized by Librarian, Nix Providence is a strengthened and redesigned version of another mobile suit, the Providence Gundam, and is compatible with Librarian Striker Packs. The major improvement between Providence and Nix Providence is that the latter's DRAGOON system is designed to be more efficient, it takes into account the differences between pilots and alters the configuration of the DRAGOON units to suit the pilot's needs. To meet the Supreme Librarian, Prayer Reverie's needs, the disc-shaped DRAGOON platform, originally mounted on the Providence's backpack, is now on the right shoulder and mounts a large DRAGOON and a pair of smaller ones. On the left shoulder, there are four more smaller DRAGOON and a storage point for the composite shield that is similar to Providence except for the addition of a small thruster. Wrapped around the suit's waist is another set of DRAGOONs, and consists of two large and two smaller ones. The Nix Providence is also armed with 4 CIWS guns on the head and shoulder, and is normally equipped with the DRAGOON Striker on its back. This striker pack combines the originally handheld Judicium beam rifle with Providence's shoulder armors and as the name implies, it can be ejected and function like a DRAGOON.
- DRAGOON System
- A weapon system identical to that used by Providence, it allows the pilot to remotely control multiple weapon pods for a devastating attack from multiple directions. Nix Providence' DRAGOON pods are mounted on the shoulders and around the waist of the mobile suit and includes 11 units (3 large DRAGOON pods and 8 small DRAGOON pods), which have a total of 43 beam gun nozzles. As the large shoulder-mounted disc and side skirt armors mounting the DRAGOON pods are on rotatable joints, they allow these pods to be used while still attached.
- MMI-GAU2 "Picus" 76mm CIWS
- Four CIWS guns are mounted on Nix Providence, two on the head and two on the shoulder. These guns are not powerful enough to seriously damage other mobile suits but suitable for shooting down missiles and suppressive fire.
- Composite armed shield system
- Stored on the left shoulder is the MA-MV05A composite armed shield system, it can be removed from the shoulder and equipped on the arm. It not only serves as a shield but also mounts two small beam guns and a beam saber, giving the Nix Providence close combat capabilities.
- DRAGOON Striker
- A striker pack that is actually a combination of Providence's Judicium beam rifle and shoulder armors. It is mounted on the backpack and can be fired without being handheld. It can also be ejected and function like a DRAGOON pod. This weapon enables the pilot to hit distant targets with pinpoint accuracy and devastating power.
Special Equipment & Features
- Hardpoints for Striker Packs
- Neutron Jammer Canceller
The Nix Providence is an improved variant of the Providence and its pilot, Prayer Reverie is a Carbon Human as well as the Supreme Librarian of Librarian Works. Its formidable strength in fighting multiply enemies at once made this MS the trump card of the organisation. Nix Providence is eventually deployed after Prayer requested a match with Gai, Lowe and Canard after meeting them in the Librarian's base. During the battle, all of Nix Providence's DRAGOONs are destroyed by Gai and Canard. Although Nix Providence itself is undamaged, Prayer soon surrenders as his aim of showing to the Librarian's backers that the creation of Carbon Human is pointless has been accomplished.
Notes & Trivia
- Although the suit's armor type was not stated in any official materials, it is likely to be Variable Phase Shift (VPS) armor as that is the latest version of Phase Shift armor. Furthermore, the Librarian Works had used VPS armor on MBF-P05LM Gundam Astray Mirage Frame.
- 'Nix' means 'snow' in Latin, and this is a reference to how the suit's right shoulder looks like a snowflake.
- ↑ Seed Vs Astray Chapter 13