LV-ZGMF-X23S Vent Saviour Gundam
|Developed from||ZGMF-YX21R Proto-Saviour|
|Known Pilots||Goud Veia (carbon human)|
|Overall Height||18.69 meters61.319 ft |
|Standard Weight||74.29 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Ultracompact energy battery|
|Pilot Accommodations||1 pilot only|
|Armor||Variable Phase Shift armor|
The LV-ZGMF-X23S Vent Saviour is a variant of the ZGMF-X23S Saviour developed by the mysterious organization known as Librarian Works. It first appeared in the photo series Mobile Suit Gundam SEED VS Astray. It is initially piloted by a carbon clone of Goud Veia but is later given to Elijah Kiel.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Vent Saviour is consider to be a rare model for Librarian, being the only mobile suit based on a prototype for one of ZAFT's Second Stage mobile suit development which even the Librarian found the data hard to acquire. However, development of Vent Saviour is made possible as Librarian manages to access the schematics of its prototype, the ZGMF-YX21R Proto-Saviour. The wings, originally on Amfortas beam cannons, were moved to Vent Saviour's shoulders. This provides the Vent Saviour with better mobility and agility when compared to the ZGMF-X23S Saviour or the original ZGMF-YX21R Proto-Saviour.
Like all other Librarian mobile suits, Vent Saviour is compatible with Librarian's Striker Packs but does not have one as its standard armaments due to its transformation mechanism. One of the Striker Packs that is extremely useful for Vent Saviour is the Maga no Ikutachi Striker of [[LN-GAT-X207 Nebula Blitz]. The Mirage Colloid particles from the Maga no Ikutachi Striker can be manipulated to reduce air resistance . Even with the Striker pack, Vent Saviour can still transform between its MS mode and MA mode..
- 2 linked MMI-GAU25A 20mm CIWS, mounted in head.
- "Vajra" Beam Saber
- The only close combat armament of the Saviour are two MA-M941 "Vajra" beam sabers. Originally mounted in the shoulders of the ZGMF-X23S Saviour, the "Vajra" were moved to the backpack to make room for the wings.
- MA-BAR70 Beam Rifle
- The Vent Saviour can be equipped with a MA-BAR70 high-energy beam rifle. It can be used in both MS and MA modes.
- MMI-GAU2 "Picus" Machine Guns
- 2 linked MMI-GAU2 Picus 76mm machine guns, mounted on the backpack, mostly for MA mode.
- M106 "Amfortas" and MA-7B "Super Fortis" High Energy Beam Cannons
- The Vent Saviour's backpack contains two beam weapons. The first and most powerful are two linked M106 "Amfortas" plasma beam cannons which can be used either in MS or MA mode. The secondary beam weapon of the backpack are two MA-7B "Super Fortis" beam cannons located above the "Amfortas", which can also be fired in both modes as well.
- The Vent Saviour is equipped with a MMI-RD11 aerodynamic shield for use when in combat in MS mode. The shield also serves as the ventral portion of the fuselage when in MA mode.
As members of the Serpent Tail (except Gai) was in Orb, the Librarian Works sent out Goud Veia piloting the unit to attack them. Goud Veia announces to Elijah his arrival, badly shocking him. The meeting was interpreted by the arrival of Orb's Murasame and he left, promising that he will be back . A few days later, they met again and a battle soon started as Elijah refused to join him. During the battle, Elijah successful tricked Goud Veia and landed a few attacks on Vent Saviour, slightly damaging it. Pleased that Elijah's skill had improved, Goud Veia then tricked him into opening the cockpit door and hijacked Elijah's customised ZAKU so that he could escape from Librarian Works. He left Elijah with the Vent Saviour so that he could better deal with Librarian Works . After the battle, Serpent Tail salvaged the Vent Saviour and brought it to Lowe Guele for repairs and to customise it for Elijah's use. Elijah later used the Vent Saviour equipped with Maga no Ikutachi Striker to assist the defected Lily clone in her battle against 4 Nebula Blitz .
Notes & Trivia
- The name, like all of Librarian's mobile suits, is derived from a meteorological event, in this case it is the French word vent meaning "wind".
- In the story Vent Saviour can transform with the Striker Pack on, but the model kit cannot replicate this ability.