The LV-ZGMF-X23S Vent Saviour is a mobile suit and a variant of the ZGMF-X23S Saviour developed by the mysterious organization known as Librarian Works. It first appeared in the photo series Mobile Suit Gundam SEED VS Astray. It is initially piloted by a carbon clone of Gud Vair but is later given to Elijah Kiel. The 'LV' in the suit's model code stands for 'Librarian Vent'.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Vent Saviour is a rare MS for Librarian Works as unlike the others, it is based on one of ZAFT's Second Stage mobile suits. Development of it was made possible as an organization that is close to the Librarian is in possession of the ZGMF-YX21R Proto-Saviour. The wings, originally on Amfortas beam cannons, are moved to Vent Saviour's shoulders. This provides the Vent Saviour with better aerial performance when compared to the ZGMF-X23S Saviour or the ZGMF-YX21R Proto-Saviour, especially in MS mode. The suit also has a new sensor with improved atmospheric sensing system mounted in the head. Weapon wise, Vent Saviour has the same armaments as the Proto-Saviour. Like all other Librarian mobile suits, Vent Saviour is equipped with hardpoints for Striker Packs on its back. One of the Striker Packs that is extremely useful for Vent Saviour is the "Maga no Ikutachi" Striker as the Mirage Colloid particles on it can be manipulated to reduce air resistance. Even with the Striker pack, Vent Saviour can still transform between its MS mode and MA mode. After the MS was passed over to Elijah, its control was customized to suit his preference.
- MMI-GAU25A 20mm CIWS
- A pair of MMI-GAU25A 20mm CIWS guns are mounted in the mobile suit's head and are usable only in MS mode. They are mainly used for intercepting incoming missiles and for suppressive fire.
- MA-M941 "Vajra" beam saber
- The main close combat armament of the Vent Saviour are two MA-M941 "Vajra" beam sabers that are usable only in MS mode. Originally stored in the shoulders of the Proto-Saviour, the "Vajra" are moved to the backpack to make room for the wings.
- MA-BAR70 high-energy beam rifle
- A custom beam rifle used by the Vent Saviour, it is developed based on Freedom and Justice Gundam's beam rifle. In MS mode, the beam rifle is handheld when in use and stored on the rear skirt when not needed. In MA mode, it is mounted on the left shoulder and can be fired in that manner. The beam rifle serves as the MS mode's main weapon and is a secondary weapon when in MA mode.
- MMI-GAU2 "Picus" Machine Guns
- Shell firing weapons of the Vent Saviour's MA mode and serve the same purpose as the CIWS. The "Picus" machine guns are located on the backpack cowl that covers the Vent-Saviour's head in mobile armor mode.
- M106 "Amfortas" plasma beam cannon
- Vent Saviour's most powerful ranged beam weaponry, they are attached to the suit's backpack and are movable. When in MS mode, the cannons can be used positioned under the shoulders to be fired, while in MA mode they are always facing forward. The beam cannons serve as the MA mode's main weapon and are improved version of ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam's M100 "Balaena" plasma beam cannons.
- MA-7B "Super Fortis" beam cannon
- Improved version of the ZGMF-X09A Justice Gundam's MA-4B "Fortis" beam cannons, a pair of this beam cannons are mounted above the "Amfortas" plasma beam cannons and are usable in both MS and MA mode. They are slightly weaker than the plasma beam cannons but have higher rate of fire.
- MMI-RD11 aerodynamic shield
- The main defensive armament of the suit, the shield possesses an aerodynamic form to reduce air resistance when the suit is flying in MA mode and is anti-beam coated to protect against beam attacks. It can be mounted on the left forearm or handheld when in MS mode and in MA mode, it is mounted on the torso and can help to protect the cockpit from attacks below.
Special Equipment & Features
- Hardpoints for Striker Packs
As members of the Serpent Tail (except Gai) was in Orb, the Librarian Works sent out Gud Vair piloting the Vent Saviour to attack them. Gud Vair announces to Elijah his arrival, badly shocking him. The meeting was interpreted by the arrival of Orb's Murasame and he left, promising that he will be back. A few days later, they met again and a battle soon started as Elijah refused to join him. During the battle, Elijah successful tricked Gud Vair and landed a few attacks on Vent Saviour, slightly damaging it. Pleased that Elijah's skill had improved, Gud Vair then tricked him into opening the cockpit door and hijacked Elijah's customized ZAKU so that he could escape from Librarian Works. He left Elijah with the Vent Saviour so that he could better deal with Librarian Works. After the battle, Serpent Tail salvaged the Vent Saviour and brought it to Lowe Guele for repairs and to customize it for Elijah's use. Elijah later used the Vent Saviour equipped with Maga no Ikutachi Striker to assist the defected Lily clone in her battle against 4 Nebula Blitz.
Notes & Trivia
- Although the suit's armor type was not stated in any official materials, it is likely to be Variable Phase Shift (VPS) armor as that is the latest version of Phase Shift armor. This armor is also used by its predecessor, ZGMF-YX21R Proto-Saviour.
- The suit's name, like all of Librarian's Gundams, is derived from a meteorological event, in this case it is the French word vent meaning "wind". This is a reference to the suit's improved aerial performance.
- In the story Vent Saviour can transform with the Striker Pack on, but the model kit cannot replicate this ability.
- ↑ SEED Vs Astray Chapter 8
- ↑ SEED Vs Astray Chapter 12
- ↑ SEED Vs Astray Chapter 3
- ↑ SEED Vs Astray Chapter 5
- ↑ SEED Vs Astray Chapter 12