|First Seen||0079 U.C.|
|Operator||Principality of Zeon|
|Overall Height||23.6 meters77.428 ft |
|Overall Length||45.5 meters|
|Max Weight||229.8 metric tons|
|Standard Weight||125.5 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor|
|Power Output||17800 kW23,870.192 hp|
|Sensor Range||111000 meters364,173.229 ft|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only (in standard cockpit in main body)|
|Max Acceleration||0.59 G|
|Rocket Thrusters||136100 kg300,049.054 lb |
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Before the One Year War began, there was a conceptual weapons competition between rival companies: one entry was MIPs MIP-X1 mobile armor, but it was rejected in favor of Zeonic Company's mobile suit technology. However, when the war started, Zeon took a second look at the MIP-X1 and retooled it into an anti-warship mobile armor, the MA-05 Bigro. It had a very powerful fusion reactor to power and a Minovsky particle scattering system that jammed warship and MS sensors. Propulsion was a pair of nuclear powered rocket engines, giving it a powerful thrust. The armament was a pair of large claw arms with limited AMBAC ability, a mega-particle cannon in the nose, and two 4-tube missile launchers. Later models were armed with additional gatling guns .
- Claw Arms
- The mobile armor's main and only form of close combat are a pair of large, sharp claws mounted on its long arms. These are normally used for clawing at enemy and causing massive damage with a combination of the claw's strength and the momentum built up by the mobile armor. They could also be used for maneuvering in space.
- Mega Particle Cannon
- Mounted in the front of the mobile armor is a powerful mega particle cannon. This weapon has been shown to have enough power to destroy a battle ship with a single shot.
- 4-tube Missile Launchers
- Located just behind the mega particle cannon are a pair of 4-tube missile launchers which serve as secondary weapons in situations when the cannon is in the process of charging or is ineffective against an opponent.
Special Equipment & Features
- Minovsky Particle Scattering System
Due to its late entry in the war, only fourteen of these costly mobile armors were constructed. One was piloted by ace pilot Tokwan on-board Char Aznable's Zanzibar. It engaged the SCV-70 White Base, but was defeated by Amuro Ray in his RX-78-2 Gundam unit. Four of these types saw combat at the battle of A Baoa Qu.
Notes & Trivia
- Its name is a play on the words for "big claw".
- ↑ "Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO Mission Complete" book, pg. 69-70.