The MA-115HT Union Realdo Hover Tank (aka Realdo Hover Tank) a previous generation ground combat mobile armor, it was featured in season 1 of Mobile Suit Gundam 00 and its variant was featured in Mobile Suit Gundam 00 The Movie -A wakening of the Trailblazer-.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
For the sake of easier mass production, the unit shared engineering similarities to the VMS-15 Union Realdo series. It probably was introduced around the same time period as a ground fire-support for the mobile weapon. As a mobile armor, the Realdo Hover Tank lacked the mobility of its MS counterpart. However its hovering capabilities would have granted greater mobility then most wheeled vehicles. The mobile armor lacks any form of close range melee weapons.
- 20mm Machine Gun
- This rapid-fire armament is ideal for shooting down incoming missiles or small vehicles. The 20mm machine gun however is generally ineffective in against heavily armored targets like mobile suits.
- 3-barrel Machine Gun
- A three barrel machine gun mounted on the Realdo Hover Tank's right hand.
- 3-tube Missile Launcher
- A three tube missile launcher mounted on the Realdo Hover Tank's left hand.
- 60mm Linear Gun
- Linear Cannon
- A cannon that fires electromagnetically-accelerated live rounds. Mounted over the head of the Realdo Hover Tank.
- MA-115HT Union Realdo Hover Tank Double Barrel
- The MA-115HT Union Realdo Hover Tank Double Barrel is a variant of the standard MA-115HT Union Realdo hover tank, which has two linear cannons and two 60mm linear guns features. These armaments provide a high rate of fire, allowing it to shoot down multiple enemy targets quickly. This configuration was used during the ELS war in order to take on the mass number of ELS.
This unit appears briefly in episode 15 of the first season as a tank-like unit with the top half of the Union Realdo acting as the turret. Its main armament is a linear cannon, and the hands of the Realdo are replaced by a 3-barrel machine gun and a 3-tube missile launcher.
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Another Story: Road to 2307