Technology & Combat Characteristics
The MAN-00X-2 Brawrello was a prototype machine designed as a mass production Newtype-use mobile armor using a remodeled Zakrello. In terms of weapons it mounted two giant wire guided blades for cutting attacks. For heavy firepower it was equipped with a scattering beam cannon, which was mounted in the 'mouth' of the mobile armor.
Its equipped with the psycommu system for piloting the MA and controlling the weapons that the Brawrello was equipped with, which were two mega particle guns attached behind the main body and the claw hands.
- Scattering Mega Particle Cannon
- In the "mouth" of the mobile armor is a scattering mega particle cannon which serves as a last resort of sorts.
- Wire-guided Mega Particle Gun
- The Brawrello is armed with two wire-guided, remotely-controlled mega particle gun units. In addition to serving as remote weapons, the particle guns could be pointed forward while still mounted on the suit for extra forward firepower.
- Wire-guided Claw Hands
- The forearms of the Brawrello can be detached from the main body and remotely maneuvered with micro thrusters built into their base. The forearms are guided by thick wires that communicate the Newtype pilot's thoughts via the psycommu system. Each of the forearms are in essence giant blades which can cut through enemies when enough force is applied, regardless of the actual sharpness of the blades.
- 4-tube Missile Launcher
- Mounted on the sides of the Brawrello are a pair of 4-tube missile launchers.
Special Equipment & Features
- Psycommu System
- During the One Year War, the researchers of the Flanagan Institute discover that Newtypes emit powerful thoughtwaves - similar to regular brainwaves, but not electrical in nature - which they call psycho-waves. The Flanagan Institute goes on to develop a mind-machine interface called the psycommu (psycho-communicator) system, which receives these thoughtwaves and translates them into computer commands. Using this interface a Newtype pilot can direct remote weapons, and operate huge mobile armors, by thought alone.
The completed unit was operated as a Psycommu training machine for pilots at the Flanagan Institute. Near the end of the war, the Brawrello was redeployed to the A Baoa Qu defense corps, where adjustments were made for it be used by regular pilots.
Notes & Trivia
- MAN stands for Mobile Armor Newtype.