MBF-01 Gundam Astray Gold Frame Amatsu Perfect Form
|Developed from||MBF-P01 Astray Gold Frame|
|First Seen||71 C.E.|
|Known Pilots||Rondo Gina Sahaku|
|Head Height||17.99 meters59.022 ft |
|Standard Weight||73.2 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Ultracompact energy battery|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso|
|Armor||Phase Shift armor|
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Besides the original armament of the MBF-P01 Astray Gold Frame (CIWS guns, beam sabers, beam rifle), the Gold Frame Amatu is equipped with the armaments and equipment of the GAT-X207 Blitz, granting the suit access to the "Trikeros" armed shield, equipped with a beam rifle, beam saber, and 3 "lancer dart" penetrators. Additionally, two unique weapon designs are added to the suit: the first are the Maga no Ikutachi two large absorption claws and the Magashira no Hoko harpoons.
- Maga no Ikutachi Absorption Claws
- One of the most unique new weapons of the Gold Frame Amatu are its two "Maga no Ikutachi" energy absorption claws, which are mounted on the back of the suit. This "claws" can drain energy from the batteries of enemy mobile suits, weakening them while at the same time recharging Gold Frame Amatu's own battery. The system however is incomplete and thus required physical contact between the claws and the enemy unit.
- Magashira no Hoko Harpoons
- Another new armament added to the suit are a pair "Magashira no Hoko" harpoons, which are equipped with Phase Shift technology and thus can penetrate virtually any armor, then be retracted by tether lines. Like the absorption claws, these harpoons are mounted on the back.
- Enhanced Sensor
- Since the original head of the Gold Frame was damaged, a new head is attached to the suit which includes an enhanced sensor.
- Phase Shift Armor
- The most important new system features of the Gold Frame Amatu however come from both arms of the Blitz. The arm granted the suit access to Phase Shift armor, which was applied over the whole body of the suit.
- The Mirage Colloid cloaking system is added to the suit and also applied to the entire body, allowing the suit to disappear from both visual and sensor detection.
After sustaining heavy damage from atmospheric re-entry and battle against Lowe Guele in his MBF-P02 Astray Red Frame, the Gold Frame was taken to the Morgenroete facility at Onogoro Island, where it was completely overhauled. Also additional weaponry was added to the suit, which, together with the overhaul, caused it to be designated Gold Frame Amatu. The suit was again piloted by Orb nobleman Rondo Gina Sahaku, who used his suit in his plans to strengthen Orb's position in the Earth sphere, while at the same time weakening both the Earth Alliance and PLANT.
This design is supposed to be the final form of of the Astray Gold Frame Amatu. But because Gina wants to attack the Giga-Float mobile fortress Mass Driver, the unit is was only 70% complete and decides to sortie on it's incomplete form as the MBF-P01-ReAMATU Gundam Astray Gold Frame Amatsu.
- There is a chance to play as Astray Gold Frame Amatu Perfect Form with Rondo Mina Sahaku as its pilot in Super Robot Wars W. It appears in part 1 of chapter 54 of the game, assisting Miguel Aiman, Shiho Hahnenfuss, Mikhail Coast, Morgan Chevalier, Edward Harrelson, and Jean Carry in their respective units against the game's original villain units. Though it has no massive energy regen in the game like Freedom, Justice, and Astray Blue Frame 2nd L (due to their Neutron Jammer Canceller), it has its own unique attack that enable it to absorb energies from its enemy units.