Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The MBF-02+AQM/E-X03 Launcher Strike Rouge is a conceptual variant of the MBF-02 Strike Rouge, which appears in the Gundam Fix Figuration series designed by Hajime Katoki. The Mobile Suit is part of the Cosmic Era timeline.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
An early configuration concept for the Strike Rouge during its development, the Launcher Strike Rouge is a long ranged configuration equipped with the AQM/E-X03 Launcher Striker of the original GAT-X105 Strike Gundam. With this configuration, the suit becomes a heavy assault mobile suit designed for long range assault and for taking down fortresses and heavily armored targets. Besides the armament mounted on the Strike Rouge itself (which includes head-mounted CIWS guns and combat knifes), the Launcher Striker adds the hyper impulse cannon and a combo weapons pod, which contains a 120mm anti-ship Vulcan and two 350mm gun launchers, to the armament of the suit. Due to the suit's power extender, the unit can operate for longer periods in battle.
- "Igelstellung" 75mm Multi-barrel CIWS
- Mounted in the Strike Rouge's head are two "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS guns. These light projectile weapons are used to intercept missiles and to destroy lightly armored vehicles, or essentially any targets that are too small or otherwise unsuited to use the beam rifle on.
- "Armor Schneider" Combat Knife
- Stored in the Strike Rouge's side skirt armor are a pair of folding "Armor Schneider" combat knives. These knives do not need power from the suit, can be thrown, and their blades vibrate at high speed allowing them to pierce through most armor except PS armor.
- "Agni" 320mm Hyper Impulse Beam Cannon
- The primary weapon of the Launcher Strike Rouge is a powerful back-mounted "Agni" 320mm hyper impulse beam cannon, which is capable of blasting a hole through a colony wall. It is mounted on the left side of the backpack via an arm unit, and held under the left shoulder when in use.
- Combo Weapons pod
- The secondary weapon of the Launcher Strike Rouge, it contains a multi-barreled 120mm anti-ship Vulcan gun and a pair of 350mm gun launchers. It is mounted on the right shoulder armor and mainly used to defend against missiles and enemy mobile suits.
- Hardpoints for Striker Packs
- The key feature of the Strike Rouge is its ability to equip additional equipment in the form of striker packs. Each striker pack is designed to outfit the MS with the equipment needed to fulfill specific combat roles with maximum efficiency.
- Like the Strike, the Strike Rouge is equipped with Phase Shift armor, although the active colours are red and pink rather than the blue, red and white of the first Strike. This is a side effect of the power extender, which also resulted in improved armor strength of the Phase Shift armor system. This system is later developed into Variable Phase Shift armor.
- Power Extender
- A device that improves a mobile suits energy storage capacity, allowing it to use its Phase Shift Armor for a longer duration than other mobile suits.
- Natural-use OS
- Developed by Kira Yamato, it allows a Natural such as Cagalli Yula Athha to use the mobile suit.
- AI(Artificial Intelligence) Support System
- A pilot-assisting AI system that helps inexperienced pilot in controlling the MS.
During the development of the Strike Rouge, the engineers in ORB reverse engineer the multi-purpose capabilities of the Strike Gundam including its ability to mount several Striker Packs. Although the Launcher Strike Rouge is included in the design draft, it had never been finalized in the finished design.
- Despite the Launcher Strike Rouge not being considered an official variant, it was very notable in videogames, especially in Super Robot Wars.