Technology & Combat Characteristics
An upgraded form of MBF-P02 Astray Red Frame developed by Lowe after his first encounter with LN-GAT-X207 Nebula Blitzs, the major change to the suit is the replacement of the Red Frame's backpack with Tactical Arms IIL and its mount. Besides the two head-mounted "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS, Tactical Arms IIL and "Gerbera Straight" katana, Red Frame Kai is also equipped with "Tiger Pierce" Katana. It no longer uses the physical shield and the beam torch component of Tactical Arms IIL replaces the Type 71 beam rifle.
Like MBF-P03R Gundam Astray Blue Frame 2nd Revise's Tactical Arms II, Tactical Arms IIL can also transform into multiple forms, with each form granting Red Frame Kai unique abilities. Compared to Blue Frame 2nd R's Tactical Arms II, Tactical Arms IIL only retains the Sword form and a slightly altered Flight form. The other 4 forms, Arrow form, Work form, V form and Delta form are new.
Other than these different forms, Tactical Arms IIL can also function as "Maga no Ikutachi" Energy Absorption Claw and as a DRAGOON. The beam torch component can be detached and used as a welding tool or a beam rifle by adjusting its output. Tactical Arms IIL is a product of all Lowe's knowledge however its multiple forms and functions also increases the chance of it malfunctioning and make its maintenance difficult.
- As with the other Orb Astray prototype, the Red Frame Custom is equipped with head-mounted "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS.
- "Gerbera Straight" katana
- While Red Frame had the same basic armament of the other two Gundam Astray units, Lowe dislikes the high energy requirements of the beam weapons. Thererfore, he favores using the "Gerbera Straight", a mobile suit-sized katana given to him by the eccentric old swordsman Un No after Lowe repaired the damaged sword. Unlike the swords used by ZAFT suits like the ZGMF-1017 GINN, the Gerbera Straight is extremely sharp, and does not rely on the kinetic energy of a high-speed swing to cut through its targets. It is also covered with anti-beam coating, allowing it to parry beam sabers.
- "Tiger Pierce" katana
- Same as the "Gerbera Straight", the Tiger Pierce is extremely sharp, and does not rely on the kinetic energy of a high-speed swing to cut through its targets. Originally equipped on Un No's GINN, it somehow falls into the hands of Librarian Works and is used by the replica Red Frame. Carbon Human clone of Un No later left it for Lowe.
- Tactical Arms IIL
- Manufactured by Lowe alongside MBF-P03R Gundam Astray Blue Frame 2nd Revise's Tactical Arms II, but he did not equip it on Red Frame until the upgrade. It serves as Red Frame Kai's booster pack as well as its close combat and long ranged weapon by changing into the appropriate form. Unlike the Tactical Arms II, Tactical Arms IIL is equipped with a removable beam torch instead of a gatling gun. The beam torch is usually used for cutting and welding, but by adjusting the output of the central beam generating device, it can also be used as beam rifle. It also serves as the handle of the Tactical Arms II during Sword and Arrow form.
- V form
- The basic form of Tactical Arms IIL when it is mounted on Red Frame Kai's back, it allows quick transformation into other forms.
- Flight Form
- The form that provides the Red Frame Kai with flight capability and by adjusting the position of the folded components can allow the MS to move in an irregular manner, making it difficult for the enemy to aim. In this form, the mounted beam torch can be used to fire at enemy units in front of Red Frame Kai.
- Sword Form
- The close combat weapon form of the Tactical Arms IIL, it is handheld when in used and can also function as a shield due to its large size. The blade has an incredibly sharp edge and even if it did not damage the enemy’s armor, the impact due to its size can damage internal components or badly rattle the pilot, and may even lead to unconsciousness in serious cases. The Tactical Arms IIL can be mounted on the Red Frame Kai's back when in this form, but it serves no practical purpose other than looking cool.
- Arrow Form
- The ranged weapon form of the Tactical Arms IIL, it is handheld when in used and fires a beam arrow. In this form, the Voiture Lumiere System can be deployed to manipulate the path of the beam arrow.
- Work Form
- The form in which the Tactical Arms IIL is used as a giant pincer for moving and cutting large objects. It is mounted on the arm when in use and can also be used during combat.
- A modified "Maga no Ikutachi" Energy Absorption Claw developed by Lowe is also installed in the Tactical Arms IIL, it is 10x stronger than normal version and manages to disable three LN-GAT-X207 Nebula Blitzs easily. It seems to be able to function without physical contact, something the normal version failed to do. Although Lowe also included the DRAGOON System into Tactical Arms IIL, he cannot use it by himself but he can lend it to someone who can.
- Inherited from MMF-JG73L ∇, it is used for propulsion purpose when the Tactical Arms IIL transform into Delta form. It seems to be able to give the suit a speed boost when activated and can form a membrane made of light within the upside down triangle, which converts solar wind or power beam into propulsion power. However, Red Frame Kai is unable to use it at full power as that would require a nuclear engine and Lowe has no plans of ever installing one.
- "Voiture Lumiere" system can also be activated in Arrow form but not for propulsion; instead the "Voiture Lumiere" field created can be used to detect invisible enemy units and their movements. Furthermore, the field also allows curving of the beam arrow fired and can even alter the arrow's path, giving the weapon a theoretical 100% accurarcy. However this requires superior piloting skills and even Lowe cannot bring out its full potential.
Lowe was forced to upgrade his MBF-P02 Astray Red Frame after losing to Librarian Works's LN-GAT-X207 Nebula Blitzs. He proceeds to equipped Red Frame with Tactical Arms IIL that was manufactured some time ago and the "Tiger Pierce" katana that the Carbon Human clone of Un No left behind. At around the same time,Ergnes Brahe visited Lowe to have his MMF-JG73L Turn Δ repaired after a battle with Librarian Works. Learning that they are facing the same enemy, Ergnes donated Turn Δ's "Voiture Lumiere" system to Lowe so that he can upgrade his Red Frame further.
Red Frame Kai's first battle was against the Nebula Blitz Gundams that have been dispatched again to fight him. Using the MS's new abilities, Lowe figures out Nebula Blitz's teleportation trick and damaged one of the Gundams. Later, Red Frame Kai was deployed to help the defected Lily and Elijah fight against 3 Nebula Blitz. Using its strengthened "Maga no Ikutachi" Energy Absorption Claw, it easily disables the 3 MS in no time. During the battle with the Supreme Librarian's Nix Providence, Red Frame Kai did not carry out any attacks and was just dodging the attacks from the DRAGOONs. By that time, Lowe had already know that the Carbon Human clone of Prayer was dying soon. Red Frame Kai later blocked a fatal attack from Dreadnought H against the Nix Providence and Lowe explains Prayer's condition to the rest.
- Kai" is the Japanese Kanji character "改". In English it means "Modified".
- It is unknown if Red Frame Kai retains the external connector of the original Red Frame as it is never mentioned in any material.
- Lineart of Un No's GINN shows the "Tiger Pierce" as shorter than "Gerbera Straight", but subsequent appearances of it show it to be as long as the latter.
|Cosmic Era Mobile Weapons|
|Earth Alliance/OMNI Enforcer|
CAT1-X1/3 Hyperion Gundam Unit 1 — CAT1-X2/3 Hyperion Gundam Unit 2 — CAT1-X3/3 Hyperion Gundam Unit 3 | GAT-01 Strike Dagger | GAT-01A1 105 Dagger | GAT-01A2R Slaughter Dagger | GAT-01D Long Dagger | GAT/A-01E2 Buster Dagger | GAT-02L2 Dagger L | GAT-04 Windam | GAT-FJ108 Raigo | GAT-SO2R N Dagger N | GAT-333 Raider Full Spec | GAT-706S Deep Forbidden | GAT-707E Forbidden Vortex | GAT-X102 Duel — GAT-X1022 Blu Duel | GAT-X103 Buster Gundam — GAT-X103AP Verde Buster | GAT-X105 Strike Gundam — GAT-X105E Strike Gundam E | GAT-X131 Calamity Gundam | GAT-X133 Sword Calamity | GAT-X207 Blitz Gundam — GAT-X207SR Nero Blitz | GAT-X252 Forbidden Gundam — GAT-X255 Forbidden Blue | GAT-X303 Aegis Gundam — GAT-X303AA Rosso Aegis | GAT-X370 Raider Gundam | GAT-X399/Q Wild Dagger | GFAS-X1 Destroy Gundam | TS-MA2 Moebius — TS-MA2mod.00 Moebius Zero | TS-MA4F Exus | TS-MB1B Euclid | TSX-MA717/ZD Pergrande | YMAF-X6BD Zamza-Zah | YMAG-X7F Gells-Ghe | ZGMF-X24S Chaos Gundam | ZGMF-X31S Abyss Gundam | ZGMF-X88S Gaia Gundam | GAT-X105E+AQM/E-X09S Strike Noir Gundam
|Vehicles & Support Units|
AMA-953 BABI | AMF-101 DINN | PMC-1L Arms Astray PMC Custom | TFA-2 ZuOOT | TFA-4DE GAZuOOT | TMF/A-802 BuCUE | TMF/A-802W2 Kerberos BuCUE Hound | TMF/A-803 LaGOWE | UMF-4A GOOhN | UMF-5 ZnO | UMF/SSO-3 ASH | UT-1D Civilian Astray DSSD Custom | XMF-P192P Proto-Chaos | YFX-200 CGUE DEEP Arms | YFX-600R GuAIZ Experimental Firearms Type | YMF-X000A Dreadnought | YMF-01B Proto GINN | ZGM-1000/R4 Command ZAKU CCI | ZGMF-1000 ZAKU Warrior | ZGMF-1001 ZAKU Phantom | ZGMF-1017 GINN | ZGMF-515 CGUE | ZGMF-515AS CGUE Assault | ZGMF-600 GuAIZ | ZGMF-601R GuAIZ R | ZGMF-X09A Justice Gundam | ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam | ZGMF-X11A Regenerate Gundam | ZGMF-X12A Testament Gundam | ZGMF-X13A Providence | ZGMF-X23S Saviour Gundam | ZGMF-X24S Chaos Gundam | ZGMF-X31S Abyss Gundam | ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam | ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam | ZGMF-X666S Legend Gundam | ZGMF-X88S Gaia Gundam | ZGMF-X999A ZAKU Trial Type | ZGMF-X2000 GOUF Ignited | GAT-X102 Duel Gundam | GAT-X103 Buster Gundam | GAT-X207 Blitz Gundam | GAT-X303 Aegis Gundam
|Vehicles & Support Units|
|Orb Union/Three Ships Alliance|
GAT-01A1 105 Dagger | GAT-01D Long Dagger | GAT-02L2 Dagger L | GAT-04 Windam | GAT-X103 Buster Gundam | GAT-X105 Strike Gundam | MBF-02 Strike Rouge | MBF-P01 Gundam Astray Gold Frame — MBF-P01-ReAMATU Gundam Astray Gold Frame Amatsu | MBF-P02 Gundam Astray Red Frame | MBF-P03 Gundam Astray Blue Frame | MBF-P04 Gundam Astray Green Frame | MBF-M1 M1 Astray | MVF-M11C Murasame | ORB-01 Akatsuki | ZGMF-X09A Justice | ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam | ZGMF-X19A ∞ Justice Gundam | ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam | ZGMF-X88S Gaia Gundam | ZGMF-XX09T DOM Trooper
|Vehicles & Support Units|
Aegis | Agamemnon | Archangel | Drake | Eternal | Izumo | Kuraokami | Laurasia | Nazca | Nelson | Takemikazuchi
|Junk Guild |
MBF-P03 Gundam Astray Blue Frame Second L — MBF-P03third Gundam Astray Blue Frame Third — MBF-P03R Gundam Astray Blue Frame 2nd Revise | ZGMF-1017 GINN Elijah Kiel Custom | CAT1-XG Hyperion G | GAT-X105E Strike Gundam E | Guti | ZGMF-515 CGUE | ZGMF-1001 ZAKU Elijah Kiel Custom | LV-ZGMF-X23S Vent Saviour Gundam
|Deep Space Survey & Development Organization|
LG-GAT-X105 Gale Strike Gundam | LH-GAT-X103 Hail Buster Gundam | LN-ZGMF-X13A Nix Providence Gundam | LR-GAT-X102 Regen Duel Gundam | LV-ZGMF-X23S Vent Saviour Gundam | LN-GAT-X207 Nebula Blitz Gundam | MBF-P05LM Gundam Astray Mirage Frame — MBF-P05LM2 Gundam Astray Mirage Frame 2nd Issue — MBF-P05LM3 Gundam Astray Mirage Frame 3rd Issue
Kimera | MAW-01 Mistral | MWF-JG71 Raysta | NMS-X07PO Gel Finieto | CAT1-XG Hyperion G | MBF-P04 Astray Green Frame | MWF-JG73 Civilian Astray 0 Custom | MWF-JG73 Civilian Astray JG Custom | ZGMF-X12D Gundam Astray Out Frame D
|Vehicles & Support Units|