The MBF-P03R Gundam Astray Blue Frame 2nd Revise is the modified form of the MBF-P03 Gundam Astray Blue Frame Second L developed by the Serpent Tail with help form Lowe Guele. It first appeared in photo series Mobile Suit Gundam SEED VS Astray. The unit is piloted by Gai Murakumo.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Using combat data obtained from the Gundam Astray Blue Frame Third, the Blue Frame Second L is upgraded into Gundam Astray Blue Frame 2nd Revise. The new MS has better balance and its main weapon, Tactical Arms II, is an improved version of the original Tactical Arms and has 2 new forms, Gatling Arm and Sword Arm. Blue Frame 2nd Revise retains the other weapons of Second L as well as the two layer armor system around the cockpit. It also stores additional power packs on its rear skirts, which are often used together with the Gatling form.
- Mounted in the 2nd Revise's head are two "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS guns. These light projectile weapons are used to intercept missiles and to destroy lightly armored vehicles.
- "Armor Schneider" Combat Knifes
- Like MBF-P03 Gundam Astray Blue Frame Second L, the Blue Frame 2nd Revise is armed with six antibeam coated "Armor Schnieder" combat knives. Four are mounted in the feet as retractable combat knives in the heels and toes while the remaining two are stored in mounts on the Second L's hips. Gai frequently deploy the knives in the feet as weapons during kicks while the other two knives are used to block beam sabers and even range beam attack. Blocking range beam attacks using the knives can only be done by pilot as skilled as Gai. These are also used in extreme close combat where the Tactical Arms II is unsuitable.
- Tactical Arms II
- A significant upgrade over the original Tactical Arms seen on the Blue Frame Second L, the Tactical Arms II remains as a multifunctional equipment capable of independent flight. Just like the original, it is built by Lowe.
- Flight Form
- The standard form of the Tactical Arms II, it provides the Blue Frame 2nd Revise with flight capability and by adjusting the position of the folded components can allow the MS to move in an irregular manner, making it difficult for the enemy to aim. The mounted Gatling gun can be used in this form for shooting at pursuing enemy units.
- Sword Form
- The Tactical Arms II is capable of folding into a 20 meter long buster sword, which can also function as a shield due to its large size. The blade has an incredibly sharp edge and even if it did not damage the enemy’s armor, the impact due to its size can damage internal components or badly rattle the pilot, and may even lead to unconsciousness in serious cases. The sword blades can be split apart to allow the use of the Gatling gun in this form.
- Sword Arm
- A new form of the Tactical Arms II, the blades of the Tactical Arms II detaches off from the Gatling gun and are attached to the Blue Frame's arms. Two energy beams then protrude from the separated halves. Compared to Sword Mode, Sword Arm Mode are more convenient and are often used against melee combat orientated enemy.
- Gatling Form
- Often used by Gai to destroy bases/facilities, the Gatling gun has the highest accuracy when used in this form. In this form, the sword blades are used to make a balancing stand to stabilize the gun while firing, and can also protect the MS from enemy fire as well as serves as heat sinks during prolong shooting. The Gatling gun fires a mix of both shell and beam ammunition. This form also frequently mounts the additional power pack stored on the rear skirt armor.
- Gatling Arm
- An extension of the Gatling form, the blades of the Tactical Arms II detaches off from the Gatling gun to form a smaller handheld weapon. This makes it easier for Gai to fire upon multiple targets but has lower accuracy.
Special Equipments and Features
- Two Layer Armor
- Inherited from Blue Frame Second L, it is an armor system that consist of an inner layer Phase Shift armor that is activated only when the outer layer armor is breached. This is similar to the Trans-Phase Armor and is also designed to reduce energy consumption.
An upgrade of MBF-P03 Gundam Astray Blue Frame Second L through the use of MBF-P03third Astray Blue Frame Third's data. In Seed Vs Astray, its first battle is against MBF-P05LM Astray Mirage Frame and Gai purposely allow one of the Sword Arm to be destroyed in order to defeat Gina. It later interrupts the battle between MBF-P05LM2 Gundam Astray Mirage Frame 2nd Issue and LG-GAT-X105 Gale Strike Gundam. During the second match against Gina, Gai easily won the battle despite upgrades to Gina's body and his MS. Gai then joins up with Canard and Lowe and proceed to Librarian Works's home base with ND HE's guidance. They meet Prayer Reverie in the Librarian's base, who subsequently seeks a match against them. Gai, Lowe and Canard then battle Prayer Reverie in his LN-ZGMF-X13A Nix Providence. Gai and Canard successfully defeats Prayer, who then informs them of Librarian's true goal and what he has been trying to achieve. After discovering Librarian and Prayer's goals, Gai and Lowe encounter Gina once again, and Gai fights him in the final battle while Lowe stands by watching them. The outcome of this battle is unknown.
- It is unknown if Blue Frame 2nd Revise retains the external connector of the original Blue Frame as it is never mentioned in any material.
|Cosmic Era Mobile Weapons|
|Earth Alliance/OMNI Enforcer|
CAT1-X1/3 Hyperion Gundam Unit 1 — CAT1-X2/3 Hyperion Gundam Unit 2 — CAT1-X3/3 Hyperion Gundam Unit 3 | GAT-01 Strike Dagger | GAT-01A1 105 Dagger | GAT-01A2R Slaughter Dagger | GAT-01D Long Dagger | GAT/A-01E2 Buster Dagger | GAT-02L2 Dagger L | GAT-04 Windam | GAT-FJ108 Raigo | GAT-SO2R N Dagger N | GAT-333 Raider Full Spec | GAT-706S Deep Forbidden | GAT-707E Forbidden Vortex | GAT-X102 Duel — GAT-X1022 Blu Duel | GAT-X103 Buster Gundam — GAT-X103AP Verde Buster | GAT-X105 Strike Gundam — GAT-X105E Strike Gundam E | GAT-X131 Calamity Gundam | GAT-X133 Sword Calamity | GAT-X207 Blitz Gundam — GAT-X207SR Nero Blitz | GAT-X252 Forbidden Gundam — GAT-X255 Forbidden Blue | GAT-X303 Aegis Gundam — GAT-X303AA Rosso Aegis | GAT-X370 Raider Gundam | GAT-X399/Q Wild Dagger | GFAS-X1 Destroy Gundam | TS-MA2 Moebius — TS-MA2mod.00 Moebius Zero | TS-MA4F Exus | TS-MB1B Euclid | TSX-MA717/ZD Pergrande | YMAF-X6BD Zamza-Zah | YMAG-X7F Gells-Ghe | ZGMF-X24S Chaos Gundam | ZGMF-X31S Abyss Gundam | ZGMF-X88S Gaia Gundam | GAT-X105E+AQM/E-X09S Strike Noir Gundam
|Vehicles & Support Units|
AMA-953 BABI | AMF-101 DINN | PMC-1L Arms Astray PMC Custom | TFA-2 ZuOOT | TFA-4DE GAZuOOT | TMF/A-802 BuCUE | TMF/A-802W2 Kerberos BuCUE Hound | TMF/A-803 LaGOWE | UMF-4A GOOhN | UMF-5 ZnO | UMF/SSO-3 ASH | UT-1D Civilian Astray DSSD Custom | XMF-P192P Proto-Chaos | YFX-200 CGUE DEEP Arms | YFX-600R GuAIZ Experimental Firearms Type | YMF-X000A Dreadnought | YMF-01B Proto GINN | ZGM-1000/R4 Command ZAKU CCI | ZGMF-1000 ZAKU Warrior | ZGMF-1001 ZAKU Phantom | ZGMF-1017 GINN | ZGMF-515 CGUE | ZGMF-515AS CGUE Assault | ZGMF-600 GuAIZ | ZGMF-601R GuAIZ R | ZGMF-X09A Justice Gundam | ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam | ZGMF-X11A Regenerate Gundam | ZGMF-X12A Testament Gundam | ZGMF-X13A Providence | ZGMF-X23S Saviour Gundam | ZGMF-X24S Chaos Gundam | ZGMF-X31S Abyss Gundam | ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam | ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam | ZGMF-X666S Legend Gundam | ZGMF-X88S Gaia Gundam | ZGMF-X999A ZAKU Trial Type | ZGMF-X2000 GOUF Ignited | GAT-X102 Duel Gundam | GAT-X103 Buster Gundam | GAT-X207 Blitz Gundam | GAT-X303 Aegis Gundam
|Vehicles & Support Units|
|Orb Union/Three Ships Alliance|
GAT-01A1 105 Dagger | GAT-01D Long Dagger | GAT-02L2 Dagger L | GAT-04 Windam | GAT-X103 Buster Gundam | GAT-X105 Strike Gundam | MBF-02 Strike Rouge | MBF-P01 Gundam Astray Gold Frame — MBF-P01-ReAMATU Gundam Astray Gold Frame Amatsu | MBF-P02 Gundam Astray Red Frame | MBF-P03 Gundam Astray Blue Frame | MBF-P04 Gundam Astray Green Frame | MBF-M1 M1 Astray | MVF-M11C Murasame | ORB-01 Akatsuki | ZGMF-X09A Justice | ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam | ZGMF-X19A ∞ Justice Gundam | ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam | ZGMF-X88S Gaia Gundam | ZGMF-XX09T DOM Trooper
|Vehicles & Support Units|
Aegis | Agamemnon | Archangel | Drake | Eternal | Izumo | Kuraokami | Laurasia | Nazca | Nelson | Takemikazuchi
|Junk Guild |
MBF-P03 Gundam Astray Blue Frame Second L — MBF-P03third Gundam Astray Blue Frame Third — MBF-P03R Gundam Astray Blue Frame 2nd Revise | ZGMF-1017 GINN Elijah Kiel Custom | CAT1-XG Hyperion G | GAT-X105E Strike Gundam E | Guti | ZGMF-515 CGUE | ZGMF-1001 ZAKU Elijah Kiel Custom | LV-ZGMF-X23S Vent Saviour Gundam
|Deep Space Survey & Development Organization|
LG-GAT-X105 Gale Strike Gundam | LH-GAT-X103 Hail Buster Gundam | LN-ZGMF-X13A Nix Providence Gundam | LR-GAT-X102 Regen Duel Gundam | LV-ZGMF-X23S Vent Saviour Gundam | LN-GAT-X207 Nebula Blitz Gundam | MBF-P05LM Gundam Astray Mirage Frame — MBF-P05LM2 Gundam Astray Mirage Frame 2nd Issue — MBF-P05LM3 Gundam Astray Mirage Frame 3rd Issue
Kimera | MAW-01 Mistral | MWF-JG71 Raysta | NMS-X07PO Gel Finieto | CAT1-XG Hyperion G | MBF-P04 Astray Green Frame | MWF-JG73 Civilian Astray 0 Custom | MWF-JG73 Civilian Astray JG Custom | ZGMF-X12D Gundam Astray Out Frame D
|Vehicles & Support Units|