MBF-P03third Gundam Astray Blue Frame Third
|Developed from||MBF-P03 Gundam Astray Blue Frame Second|
|Known Pilots||Gai Murakumo|
|Overall Height||18.32 meters60.105 ft |
|Head Height||17.53 meters57.513 ft |
|Max Weight||62.7 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Ultracompact energy battery|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso|
|Frame Material||Phase Shift Armor|
The MBF-P03third Astray Blue Frame Third is the modfiied form of the Astray Blue Frame Second developed by Serpent Tail for combat in jungles. The unit appears in Gundam SEED Frame Astrays. It is operated by Gai Murakumo.
The original Blue Frame relied on speed, light armor, and a shield with an anti-beam coating for its defense. The Blue Frame Third departs for being a high speed mobile suit and into a powerful Close Combat mobile suit. It features a greater change of armor to make it more agile in combat and reliable in some situations. Its main armaments are its two arm blades used for close combat. The arm blades are equipped with small rocket anchors similar to the GAT-X105E Strike Gundam E. It is also armed with a pair of specially designed beam rifles, two leg blades and two knee blades. Data collected from Blue Frame Third is later used to upgrade MBF-P03 Gundam Astray Blue Frame Second L into MBF-P03R Gundam Astray Blue Frame 2nd Revise. The mysterious organization known as Librarian Works also collected data on this machine and used it to develop MBF-P05LM Gundam Astray Mirage Frame.
- Arm Blades
- The main close combat weapon of the Blue Frame Third. The blades were equipped with the same rocket Anchors the Strike E uses.
- Leg Blades
- These are two sharp blades equipped on the legs of the Blue Frame Third.
- Knee Blades
- These are two sharp blades equipped on the knees of the Blue Frame Third.
- Beam Rifle
- The Blue Frame Third is also equipped with a pair of specially designed beam rifles. They are stored on the backpack.
- As with the other Orb Astray prototype, the Red Frame is equipped with head-mounted "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS.
The MBF-P03third Astray Blue Frame Third was developed during the Second Bloody Valentine War when the Serpent Tail team was hired by the Earth Alliance to combat ZAFT forces in the South East Asia region. Lowe Guele was in charge of the Blue Frame's renovation at the military factory in Ame-no-Mihashira. Data collected from its usage is later used to upgrade MBF-P03 Gundam Astray Blue Frame Second L into MBF-P03R Gundam Astray Blue Frame 2nd Revise.