MBF-P05LM3 Gundam Astray Mirage Frame 3rd Issue
The Astray Mirage Frame 3rd Issue is an upgraded version of the MBF-P05LM2 Gundam Astray Mirage Frame 2nd Issue developed by the mysterious organization known as Librarian Works. The unit first appeared in the photo series Mobile Suit Gundam SEED VS Astray.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
An upgrade of the MBF-P05LM2 Gundam Astray Mirage Frame 2nd Issue using parts from MBF-05LM Gundam Astray Mirage Frame. It retains all of Astray Mirage Frame 2nd Issue's weapons and abilities, and adds Astray Mirage Frame's Anklet and Bracelet Swords as well as the melee-combat sensors. All these upgrades help to improve Astray Mirage Frame 3rd Issue's close combat performances and it now has three modes. Besides the standard MS mode, it can transform into Brute Mode as well as a Tyrant Mode that resembles Astray Mirage Frame's Gladiator Mode.
- Beam Rifle
- The Mirage Frame 3rd Issue is equipped with the same beam rifle as Mirage Frame. It is used only when in standard MS mode.
- Beam Saber
- Mounted on the back, only used when the MS is in standard MS mode.
- "Amenohabakili" Katana
- A mobile suit-sized katana similar to the "Gerbera Straight" katana of the Red Frame. It is named after a magic blade of the same name in Japan. VPS is applied to this sword, allowing it to change its toughness and the ability to change colors. It also features data-gathering abilities, which are activated upon physical contact with an object. Information gathered from the cut object will directly affect the settings of the VPS, which will then be adjusted to guarantee a lethal blow with the next strike.
- Compact Swords
- The Compact Swords, or "C Sword" for short, is a pair of claws equipped on the hands (B-Type) and feet (A-Type) of the Mirage Frame 2nd Issue.
- Anklet Sword
- The Anklet Sword, or "A Sword" for short, is a pair of folding claws equipped on each of the heels. Mainly used in "Tyrant" and "Brute" Mode.
- Bracelet Sword
- The Bracelet Sword, or "B Sword" for short, is a pair of long blades with built-in beam cannons and supporting arms which are mounted on the forearms of the suit. Mainly used in "Tyrant" and "Brute" Mode.
- Fin Rifles
- Short range beam rifles mounted on the shoulders, they also contain miniaturized Geschmeidig Panzer system, allowing the beam fired to curve. They are only usable in "Brute Mode".
- Saber Fang
- Usable only in "Brute Mode". A pair of powerful beam sabers equipped on the back of the Mirage Frame 3rd Issue which becomes the head in "Brute Mode".
- Mounted in the Mirage Frame 3rd Issue's head are two "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS guns. These light projectile weapons are used to intercept missiles and to destroy lightly armored vehicles, although it is classified as Anti Air. The CIWS can however only be used in standard MS mode.
- Mirage Frame 3rd Issue can hold a single physical shield for defense in its left hand when in standard MS mode. This is the same type of shield as used by Strike and Duel Gundam.
- Melee-Combat Sensors
- Close-range sensors in the rear side of the head which sacrifice the long-range data gathering functions in exchange for optimum efficiency in close-range. The most signification feature of the close combat sensor is its ability to detect Mirage Colloid. Although this does not nullify effect of Mirage Colloid stealth system, it's good enough to locate the spreading source and allow the Mirage Frame to attack the enemy despite not actually seeing it.
- Special Mirage Colloid System
- Unlike the mirage colloid system that is used by other mobile suits, the system used here is not for cloaking but used in conjunction with the VPS armor to alter the appearance of the suit, allowing it to disguise itself as other mobile suits.
Despite the upgrade to MBF-P05LM2 Gundam Astray Mirage Frame 2nd Issue, Gina was still defeated by Gai. Desperate for victory, he returns to the Librarian's base and has his MS upgraded again. Astray Mirage Frame 3rd Issue was developed and Gina again uses his MS to challenge Gai to another battle. The result of this fight is unknown.
- It is unknown if Mirage Frame 3rd Issue retains the external connector of the original Mirage Frame as it is never mentioned in any material.