The Astray Mirage Frame 3rd Issue is an upgraded version of the MBF-P05LM2 Gundam Astray Mirage Frame 2nd Issue developed by the mysterious organization known as Librarian Works. The unit first appeared in the photo series Mobile Suit Gundam SEED VS Astray.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
An upgrade of the MBF-P05LM2 Gundam Astray Mirage Frame 2nd Issue using parts from MBF-05LM Gundam Astray Mirage Frame. It retains all of Astray Mirage Frame 2nd Issue's weapons and abilities, and adds Astray Mirage Frame's Anklet and Bracelet Swords as well as the melee-combat sensors. All these upgrades help to improve Astray Mirage Frame 3rd Issue's close combat performances and it now has three modes. Besides the standard MS mode, it can transform into Brute Mode as well as a Tyrant Mode that resembles Astray Mirage Frame's Gladiator Mode.
- Beam Rifle
- The Mirage Frame 3rd Issue is equipped with the same beam rifle as Mirage Frame. It is used only when in "Tyrant Mode".
- Beam Saber
- Mounted on the back, only used when the MS is in "Tyrant Mode".
- "Amenohabakili" Katana
- A mobile suit-sized katana similar to the "Gerbera Straight" katana of the Red Frame. It is name after a magic blade of the same name in Japan. VPS is applied to this sword, allowing it to change its toughness and the ability to change colors. It also features data-gathering abilities, which are activated upon physical contact with an object. Information gathered from the cut object will directly affect the settings of the VPS, which will then be adjusted to guarantee a lethal blow with the next strike.
- Compact Swords
- The Compact Swords, or "C Sword" for short, is a pair of claws equipped on each of the knuckles (B-Type) and feet (A-Type) of the Mirage Frame 2nd Issue.
- Anklet Sword
- The Anklet Sword, or "A Sword" for short, is a pair of folding claws equipped on each of the heels.
- Bracelet Sword
- The Bracelet Sword, or "B Sword" for short, is a pair of long blades with build-in beam cannon and supporting arms which are mounted on the forearms of the suit.
- Fin Rifles
- Powerful blades equipped on the shoulders that can be used as both close combat weapons as well as long ranged weapon. They contain a pair of powerful beam cannons and GAT-X252 Forbidden Gundam's Geschmeidig Panzer is applied on the fins, allowing the beam fired to curve. They are only usable in "Brute Mode".
- Saber Fang
- Usable only in "Brute Mode". A pair of powerful beam sabers equipped on the back of the Mirage Frame 2nd Issue which becomes the head in "Brute Mode".
- Mounted in the Mirage Frame 3rd Issue's head are two "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS guns. These light projectile weapons are used to intercept missiles and to destroy lightly armored vehicles, although it is classified as Anti Air. The CIWS can however only be used in "Tyrant mode".
- Mirage Frame 3rd Issue can hold a single physical shield for defense in its left hand when in "Tyrant Mode". This is the same type of shield as used by Strike and Duel Gundam.
- Melee-Combat Sensors
- Close-range sensors in the rear side of the head which sacrifice the long-range data gathering functions in exchange for optimum efficiency in close-range. The most signification feature of the close combat sensor is its ability to detect Mirage Colloid. Although this does not nullify effect of Mirage Colloid stealth system, it's good enough to locate the spreading source, allow Mirage Frame to attack enemy despite not "see" it.
- Special Mirage Colloid System
- Unlike the mirage colloid system that is used by other mobile suits, the system used here is not cloaking but for altering the appearance of the suit, allowing it to disguise as other mobile suit.
Despite the upgrade to MBF-P05LM2 Gundam Astray Mirage Frame 2nd Issue, Gina was still defeated by Gai. Desperate for victory, he returns to the Librarian's base and has his MS upgraded again. Astray Mirage Frame 3rd Issue was developed and Gina again uses his MS to challenge Gai to another battle. The result of this fight is unknown.
- It is unknown if Mirage Frame 3rd Issue retains the external connector of the original Mirage Frame as it is never mentioned in any material.
|Cosmic Era Mobile Weapons|
|Earth Alliance/OMNI Enforcer|
CAT1-X1/3 Hyperion Gundam Unit 1 — CAT1-X2/3 Hyperion Gundam Unit 2 — CAT1-X3/3 Hyperion Gundam Unit 3 | GAT-01 Strike Dagger | GAT-01A1 105 Dagger | GAT-01A2R Slaughter Dagger | GAT-01D Long Dagger | GAT/A-01E2 Buster Dagger | GAT-02L2 Dagger L | GAT-04 Windam | GAT-FJ108 Raigo | GAT-SO2R N Dagger N | GAT-333 Raider Full Spec | GAT-706S Deep Forbidden | GAT-707E Forbidden Vortex | GAT-X102 Duel — GAT-X1022 Blu Duel | GAT-X103 Buster Gundam — GAT-X103AP Verde Buster | GAT-X105 Strike Gundam — GAT-X105E Strike Gundam E | GAT-X131 Calamity Gundam | GAT-X133 Sword Calamity | GAT-X207 Blitz Gundam — GAT-X207SR Nero Blitz | GAT-X252 Forbidden Gundam — GAT-X255 Forbidden Blue | GAT-X303 Aegis Gundam — GAT-X303AA Rosso Aegis | GAT-X370 Raider Gundam | GAT-X399/Q Wild Dagger | GFAS-X1 Destroy Gundam | TS-MA2 Moebius — TS-MA2mod.00 Moebius Zero | TS-MA4F Exus | TS-MB1B Euclid | TSX-MA717/ZD Pergrande | YMAF-X6BD Zamza-Zah | YMAG-X7F Gells-Ghe | ZGMF-X24S Chaos Gundam | ZGMF-X31S Abyss Gundam | ZGMF-X88S Gaia Gundam | GAT-X105E+AQM/E-X09S Strike Noir Gundam
|Vehicles & Support Units|
AMA-953 BABI | AMF-101 DINN | PMC-1L Arms Astray PMC Custom | TFA-2 ZuOOT | TFA-4DE GAZuOOT | TMF/A-802 BuCUE | TMF/A-802W2 Kerberos BuCUE Hound | TMF/A-803 LaGOWE | UMF-4A GOOhN | UMF-5 ZnO | UMF/SSO-3 ASH | UT-1D Civilian Astray DSSD Custom | XMF-P192P Proto-Chaos | YFX-200 CGUE DEEP Arms | YFX-600R GuAIZ Experimental Firearms Type | YMF-X000A Dreadnought | YMF-01B Proto GINN | ZGM-1000/R4 Command ZAKU CCI | ZGMF-1000 ZAKU Warrior | ZGMF-1001 ZAKU Phantom | ZGMF-1017 GINN | ZGMF-515 CGUE | ZGMF-515AS CGUE Assault | ZGMF-600 GuAIZ | ZGMF-601R GuAIZ R | ZGMF-X09A Justice Gundam | ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam | ZGMF-X11A Regenerate Gundam | ZGMF-X12A Testament Gundam | ZGMF-X13A Providence | ZGMF-X23S Saviour Gundam | ZGMF-X24S Chaos Gundam | ZGMF-X31S Abyss Gundam | ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam | ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam | ZGMF-X666S Legend Gundam | ZGMF-X88S Gaia Gundam | ZGMF-X999A ZAKU Trial Type | ZGMF-X2000 GOUF Ignited | GAT-X102 Duel Gundam | GAT-X103 Buster Gundam | GAT-X207 Blitz Gundam | GAT-X303 Aegis Gundam
|Vehicles & Support Units|
|Orb Union/Three Ships Alliance|
GAT-01A1 105 Dagger | GAT-01D Long Dagger | GAT-02L2 Dagger L | GAT-04 Windam | GAT-X103 Buster Gundam | GAT-X105 Strike Gundam | MBF-02 Strike Rouge | MBF-P01 Gundam Astray Gold Frame — MBF-P01-ReAMATU Gundam Astray Gold Frame Amatsu | MBF-P02 Gundam Astray Red Frame | MBF-P03 Gundam Astray Blue Frame | MBF-P04 Gundam Astray Green Frame | MBF-M1 M1 Astray | MVF-M11C Murasame | ORB-01 Akatsuki | ZGMF-X09A Justice | ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam | ZGMF-X19A ∞ Justice Gundam | ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam | ZGMF-X88S Gaia Gundam | ZGMF-XX09T DOM Trooper
|Vehicles & Support Units|
Aegis | Agamemnon | Archangel | Drake | Eternal | Izumo | Kuraokami | Laurasia | Nazca | Nelson | Takemikazuchi
|Junk Guild |
MBF-P03 Gundam Astray Blue Frame Second L — MBF-P03third Gundam Astray Blue Frame Third — MBF-P03R Gundam Astray Blue Frame 2nd Revise | ZGMF-1017 GINN Elijah Kiel Custom | CAT1-XG Hyperion G | GAT-X105E Strike Gundam E | Guti | ZGMF-515 CGUE | ZGMF-1001 ZAKU Elijah Kiel Custom | LV-ZGMF-X23S Vent Saviour Gundam
|Deep Space Survey & Development Organization|
LG-GAT-X105 Gale Strike Gundam | LH-GAT-X103 Hail Buster Gundam | LN-ZGMF-X13A Nix Providence Gundam | LR-GAT-X102 Regen Duel Gundam | LV-ZGMF-X23S Vent Saviour Gundam | LN-GAT-X207 Nebula Blitz Gundam | MBF-P05LM Gundam Astray Mirage Frame — MBF-P05LM2 Gundam Astray Mirage Frame 2nd Issue — MBF-P05LM3 Gundam Astray Mirage Frame 3rd Issue
Kimera | MAW-01 Mistral | MWF-JG71 Raysta | NMS-X07PO Gel Finieto | CAT1-XG Hyperion G | MBF-P04 Astray Green Frame | MWF-JG73 Civilian Astray 0 Custom | MWF-JG73 Civilian Astray JG Custom | ZGMF-X12D Gundam Astray Out Frame D
|Vehicles & Support Units|