Technology & Combat Characteristics
This customized MS-06F was designed for Vice Admiral Dozle Zabi, the commander of the Zeon's Space Attack Force. During the One Year War, Dozle used this suit in his infamous frontline "inspections." It was modified from the standard MS-06F Zaku II with a spiked pauldron on both shoulders, ornate gold engravings and trim all over its frame, and a custom heat tomahawk melee weapon. Due to Dozle Zabi's physical size, he had to have the cockpit specially enlarged.
- M-120A1 120mm Machine Gun
- Also referred to as a "rifle" by Zeon soldiers, Zeonic was contracted to develop this weapon. Its internal development code is "ZMC38III". It can switch modes between single-fire and automatic fire. Its low penetration power became evident with the appearance of Federation MS.
- 360mm Giant Bazooka
- The giant bazooka is the same model used by the Dom series of mobile suits. The bazooka is magazine fed and holds 10 rounds per magazine. A single round can blow the torso off of an enemy mobile suit. Can be stored on the rear waist armor when not in use.
- H&L-SB25K/280mmA-P Zaku Bazooka
- The 280mm Zaku Bazooka was another standard weapon for Zaku type mobile suits. The bazooka fired explosive rounds that were quite effective against the armor of Earth Federation mobile suits and battleships. Can be stored on the rear waist armor when not in use.
- Large Heat Hawk
- An axe-shaped close combat weapon, it uses a super-heated blade to cut through the armor of enemy MS or vehicles. The thermal energy is generated by the power output of the Zaku II's thermonuclear reactor and relayed through the MS's hands. Unlike standard Zaku models, Dozle Zabi's MS carried a large, customized Heat Hawk, which when not in use could stored on the Zaku's left waist.
- MIP-B6 Cracker Grenade
- Identical to those used by infantry, the cracker grenade is an explosive weapon designed to be thrown by the MS and detonate after a set amount of time. The "cracker" breaks into several smaller munitions over a wide area.
During the One Year War, Principality of Zeon's Vice Admiral Dozle Zabi would use this customized Zaku II in various "frontline inspections," a euphemism for impromptu raids against Earth Federation ships and bases.
Notes & Trivia
- In Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt episode 5, two Zaku IIs with similar gold engravings and trims as the Zaku II Dozle Zabi Custom were deployed as Royal Guard units inside A Baoa Qu. However, these units featured the standard Zaku II shoulder armors and without the spikes on their knuckles.